1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

:D well .. nice one

2. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Don't be so mean guys!
    914 is a lovely car, I really liked to drive it in Need for Speed Porsche, back in 2000. The small engine and awkward styling somehow gave it a cute character
    Well... I also liked to first 924s and 928s before they got kitted with plastic in the eighties,...maybe its just me who's weird:confused:

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I think it was best in NFS: PU because it actually improves the fewer polygons you use to render it. :D

(Ok, I'm done.)

4. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

I will always remember the 914 in NFS Porsche Unleashed. I won all the 356/901 races with stock cars but when the 914/4 (I still don't understand why it didn't have the 914/6 instead) arrived I learned that you were able to upgrade your Porsche - after having finished fifth multiple times :D

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, the stock 914 was unbearably slow in NFS PU.
    Played that game several times, I was just glad every time I was done with those races.

evil_overlord likes this.
  6. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I still have NFS Porsche installed on a vintage PC I have setup in the garage:oops:...

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I did run NFS Porsche a couple of years ago again. From start to end.
    Ended up playing with the keyboard though since driving it with my wheel was a bit weird, don't know if it was due to the settings or something else.

But now that we have the best models in AC, I don't see much of a reason to start it up again.
    Sure, some would be cool, like the 959, the 993 GT2 or the 928, but overall I'm quite happy with the collection we've got.
    (Ok, not happy about the absence of the Carrera GT, but that wasn't in NFS:porsche either because it came out later.)

Although it had a few cool concepts.
    The factory driver thing was very cool. I'd love to have such a mode in AC2.
    Not only the "car delivery" missions but also the test driving.
    It would also be possible to do car setup missions, where you start with a setup that has a problem (customer complains that the car feels boaty, fix it), that could be used to teach people a bit about car setups.
    I also liked the normal career mode that they provided where you can upgrade cars, have to repair them and – if you've got the money – buy a faster one.
    But that's not something that we'll see in AC(2), at least not the "upgrade cars" part. (judging from previous discussions with Aris)

Anyway, NFS:porsche was certainly the best NFS ever. :D
    And every NFS that EA released afterwards was just crap, handling-wise.

8. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I did not play through it like that at all.
    I had a cheat, which gave me all cars and tracks from the very beginning, and then I drove whatever car and track I fancied.
    Actually, much like AC really:D

9. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

Or this:

[​IMG]

Own 2 of these cars. Sold the ur quattro 20V to my brother (we owned it together, 50/50), and restored a Polar Silver one with accident damage. Would be awesome to see it in the game. Porsche Audi hybrid ;)

Nahkamarakatti and AccAkut like this.
  10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

And I though my 32 GTR engine bay was tight...

11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I'm not a big fan of career modes either. Got stuck at AC career at around 3rd level or so, because I couldn't be bothered anymore.

However, there are a few games where I did actually like it, e.g. GTL or NFS:porsche.

12. plaid

plaid Alien

Never played NFS PU, but this sounds really cool. While it could be also a part of the career to spice it up. Sometimes I wished there were singleplayer modes that are a little more layed back and a scenerios where driving streetcars makes sense (like in reality), but with realistic physics. This would actually suit Forza and GT pretty well considering the content, too.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Would love to see sounds like that start-up in AC. >.>

GhostMan, Nmoleiro, RedLoto and 4 others like this.
  14. They tease us with Fiorano, then they tease us with start up sounds; what's in the next video, sparks at night in the rain?

Fear, GhostMan, Jake Toox and 8 others like this.
  15. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure if they really want to tease, there would be grid girls (cant remember any of the names of those who ask for the girls), and of course there would be an esprit in there as well (eh mogget ;) )

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

But if grid girls, then please with correct wind animation. ;)

17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Farting Grid Girls?

:oops:
    :D

18. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

reminds me of the classic Beverly Hills Cop 2 intro with Axel Foley :)

Coanda likes this.
  19. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@bgil66 - me too. takes me back ;) I think it may have been a 308 GTS

20. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Ha! I love that film:)