1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wreckfest

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

oh, some old LFS mates work or beta that game, I wasn't aware that it wasn't some low key indie title.

3. Jaood

Jaood Racer

[Updating game]
    Almost forgot about that, thanks. Already had some fun months ago, I really hope they polish some more and this gets big.

4. Mogster

Mogster Alien

The last time I checked there were no plans to add VR support. It's been on my Steam list for a while but that's stopping me from buying it.

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thanks for the heads-up. Sounds really good.

6. Psit

Psit Alien

I own this, it is fun............. if i remember correctly. :)

7. Turk

Turk Alien

I own it too, it's a bit of craic but not much longevity in it.

8. Wreckfest received a huge update today and is now damn close to being a complete game. The tracks I have checked out so far look really good, the ffb conveys quite well what the car is doing (hitting debris and other cars still doesn't register much, if any, feedback through the wheel though), and eight new cars have been added along with almost all of the car audio getting updated.

This game is now (finally) in a state that I would recommend buying it (at least when it is on sale) to my friends.

Here are some screens from a couple replays. (the replay controls are still stuck in 1996 and completely suck, hopefully they get greatly improved before 1.0)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    IgnacioKotas, ShredatorFIN and Jebus like this.
  9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I didn't get mouse pointer in menu and command captions were overlapping at the bottom of the screen. This is on 4K.
    Sadly had to uninstall.

10. Wreckfest? I assume that the idea for this game came after extensive online experience in other racing games? :D

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Wonder how a wrecker that is thinking about this title would feel. Probably come to the conclusion that the concept is not for him.

12. I joined the only populated lobby and ran a few 'races'. It is written 'Anything Goes, No Rules' in the server description, so yeah, you pretty much know what you are getting into from the get-go. Not really my thing, I use the title for 'Contact Racing' with the AI. MP would be a blast with a handful of people that understand the difference between Banging and Wrecking.

There are lobbies with 'Clean Racers Only' and such in the descriptions, but none of those were populated at this hour.

LeDude83 likes this.
  13. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Have not yet checked the update yesterday. Wreckfest before was a fun experience, not bad, my quarrel with it always was the chaotic production process, the headless producer and management, the too long Early Access phase. The game may be good, but I will never again consider this company to be a cinadiate to buy something from. I bought it [forogot how many] years ago in much recuced EA sale, so cannot really complain about having wasted money, I got my share of fun from it. But this company is a chaos gang, absolutely.

That relatively new track of a hopping straight in a short canyon with two turning points at both ends, often stops me from driving - due to excessive laughter. :D

14. Proody

Proody Racer

Haha, a good joke.
    Minorating sends greetings.

15. Minorating is great, but the same results (or better) can be had when a server is run by no nonsense admins with itchy 'boot key' trigger fingers.

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Still no VR support... :confused:

Nahkamarakatti and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

The production ran into some "behind the scenes" financial/legal problems midway I reckon? Now they have new publisher THQ Nordic, which seems to have sped up things.

I don't feel like I've wasted some money, even when I bought the game in 2014. Although I did regret at some point.. but now, why regret. It was good investment in the end, the game is great after this update. Not really far off from leaving Early Access. Cars are pretty much finished (didn't even think it would need 8 more, but hey I'll take it) all tracks are totally finished, AI is better now (now they appear to be mostly sober, but still cause some mayhem which is ok in this sort of game), only things missing is some menu polish + finishing the career. There is now playable 2 series preview of the career. (Final career will have 5 series it seems) Cars now have also mechanical damage and clutch support

VR don't think is high priority for them, when they struggle to finish the game some day. Steam reviews aren't flattering, not because it's bad game but because people thought they got scammed. But imo they didn't, the game is here.. now

TTM likes this.
  18. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Probably something in the lines of "It's not fun to act in act in a way that is intended". I guess wreckers would start clean lapping in "Wreckfest" just to annoy others who expect some wrecking.:D

LeDude83, Nmoleiro and Andrew_WOT like this.
  19. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

Joined very early and saw potential (old Flatout fan), but havn't tried it for years. Just kept my eays on news now and then.
    Tried first time today after the massive patch/pre-release. Must say it is very polished and in a good state! Fun like Flatout, Wreckfest has finally made it home! A fun game, full of crazy moments and laughter!

20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

But what would one have to do to be kicked from a Wrekfest server? LOL

Schnipp likes this.