1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Race Department Interview about ACC

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Orne, Mar 6, 2018.

1. mms

mms Alien

Meh, those are definitely some post-processed CGI witchcraft :p

2. you mean.. pre-processed :D :D :D :D

3. myimac

myimac Alien

The screens have too much glare from a shiny object at the bottom left edge of the screen... it’s almost like there are two light sources...

Rubs eyes... oh it’s Stefanos head :p

4. myimac

myimac Alien

I would love to see the guys do a Eurogamer UK interview at some point. Unfortunately the Italian Eurogamer interview got less coverage as uneducated people like myself don’t speak Italian

5. mms

mms Alien

Jokes aside, really appreciate the simple and honest answers, no BS PR! Though some guys still manage to misunderstand / misinterpret things :confused:

6. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Great job! Looking forward to part 2

Ischemica likes this.
  7. What the eyes don't see, the heart doesn't feel :p

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Surely they are how the hell else could they all be in the BBC set like that. Dont tell me its all fake if the sets fake the questions and answers must also be fake. :mad:

Still loved the interview and those screens in the back are nice, cant wait for the EA release.

esox71 likes this.
  9. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Visual Tire Flex is indeed cool, answered the "AC2" debate as well so hopefully that gets knocked on the head now, full steam ahead with ACC as the next project after AC1 - Bring It On!

10. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I was expecting to see Blancpain watches being blinged on screen there ;) :D

Awesome story about the F1 tester at Vallelunga! LOL

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Two big news for me after this interview:

1- the game has licence also for 2019 season.
    2- as Marco said "...ACC will be a long term project, but now we can't talk about this...". Imho, as the title suggest ( "competizione" ) we can expect other series involved into the game in the future.

mms likes this.
  12. Naer

Naer Gamer

The DTM official game is Raceroom... Just saying...

13. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

I don't think the question will be asked in the next part so I post it here in hope for an answer: Do you plan to include a photomode? The photomode in AC, with all it's sunmoving glory, is the best photmode in any sim in my opinion and makes it really easy to get the "perfect shot". Any plans to include something similar?

14. CaptainSlow

CaptainSlow Hardcore Simmer

Yes I agree, photo mode is really good feature in AC. hmm but I think ACC will support Ansel, Nvidia filter maybe.

15. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

PhotoMode would be really appreciated.

16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Very nice interview. Answers were all relevant and to the point. Watching this was very informative and helped me paint a much better ACC picture in my head.

Schnipp and mms like this.
  17. Orne

Orne Alien

Well honestly the current version of Photo mode in AC can be so difficult to use, just trying to get a decent shot in focus with a short depth of field feels about as arduous as carrying a ten pound view camera into the woods with several glass plates and lenses, HAHAH. Actually it might be easier to get proper photos via the View camera than using Photo Mode in AC, hahahah :p:D

18. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Not really, it takes me like half a minute max to set up and take a shot in AC's photo mode. It sometimes makes me wonder how people struggle with it so much. Plus your DoF is more dependent on your aperture settings and such in your PP file more than the precision provided by the photo mode app. The app actually provides really incredibly precise control for changing DoF with the unit scale slider.

For example, a pic at close range with a PP file that has a strong /short/ DoF with akrapovic in focus with no issues showing the precision of the photo mode app -
    [​IMG]

and a basic pic at close range with a PP file that has a weak /short/ DoF -
    [​IMG]

And these are literally zero effort pictures on my part. You know what they say, a good craftsman never blames his tools. :p

Dookie and mms like this.
  19. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Just hearing Stefano and Marco pronounce "Competizione" is very cool:)

Typer likes this.
  20. Ishigami

Ishigami Racer

1.)
    So we will get a 2019 DLC?
    I hope for a DLC and not an entire new game. I get that sometimes a new game is necessary but I personally don't like the business model of a “license update” for full price every year like e.g. EA does.
    For 2019 we might get an all new 911 GT3 R, Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT3, McLaren 720S GT3 and maybe a team picks up a Honda NSX GT3?
    Tracks haven’t really changed since 2016 so 2019 might be same tracks. I wouldn’t expect more than one track entering or leaving the season.
    I’m sorry but a handful of cars cars and maybe one track difference and then only a team and names update sounds more like a DLC to me.

2.) FIA WEC? :D