1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

System requirements for ACC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Ace Pumpkin, Feb 21, 2018.

1. ACorsa1

ACorsa1 Gamer

Thank you Serge.
    I'm just running a single TV screen, newer Vizio 32" 1080p for now.

2. Serge M

Serge M Alien

No worries. Inevitably you will get addicted and you will want more :)
    It all starts with an entry level gaming pc, before you know it there’s motion rigs and direct drive wheels set up and about $15-20k missing from your account... and then you come on here and see people complain about spending $15 on a dlc... lol

ABRacingTeam and ACorsa1 like this.
  3. Vel

Vel Simracer

Given the state of the graphics card market, i do rather wonder how well ACC will run on a GTX 1030 or similar tier card. Will it run with two 4gb DDR memory sticks in an AMD Raven Ridge system?

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Your best guess might be to check on other games' benchmarks on UE4.

5. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Not sure that'll help much. How many other UE4 games will demand as much in terms of physics and AI processing?

Very much doubt the minimum memory would be more than 8GB, although more will no doubt help.

6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

A 1030 will struggle, I’d say minimum settings at best. I would expect mid settings to be in a quad core cpu starting in the 4th gen i5 range, 8gb ram and 1060 6GB. From there it’s the sky’s the limit situation

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Pretty confident that it will help. With a 1030, it's unlikely that there's a CPU bottleneck. And if you're still worried about that: take the benchmark from another game and assume that's what you'd get alone on track in practice mode in ACC.

It's possible to "connect the dots" and get a ballpark figure of how your system will perform ith ACC. I don't quite see how more than 8 GB system RAM will help, though. I never had more than that and system RAM usage never ran that high (neither in AC nor another game).
    With GPU RAM it's a different story: according to my findings you should always aim at staying below ~75 % usage to prevent stuttering. In AC, on a Nordschleife Trackday server with many cars that would mean that you'd need 4 GB GPU RAM.

Stains likes this.
  8. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/116354-amd-nvidia-working-closely-microsoft-dxr-api/
    so the above has come up recently in the tech world, i was wondering if this going to be implemented in ACC?

apparently from nvidia's side they will be concentrating on their new volta architecture for max performance with this, so even this gen of cards may be struggling with that running too..

depends what sort of machines the games will be built and rendered on too.. Kunos, lost of tasty Quadro's in your pcs?

9. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Doubt it, too new and too limited in support. Will likely not make it in the build of unreal engine used for ACC

mms and BrunUK like this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Here is a realtime ray tracing demo in UE4 which looks interesting.

Epic Games Demonstrates Real-Time Ray Tracing With Star Wars
    By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 03/22/2018 07:43 AM | 0 comment(s) ]
    Continuing the theme from the Game Developers Conference this year, Epic Games in collaboration with ILMxLAB and NVIDIA are showing off real-time ray tracing in the Unreal 4 engine. The video is using Microsoft’s new DXR framework and NVIDIA RTX technology for Volta GPUs, powered by Microsoft's DirectX Ray Tracing API, or DXR.

11. Psit

Psit Alien

All the ray tracing demos i have seen in the past make 3d graphics look photorealistic, this looks cartoony to be honest, i dont think this raytracing tech we are seeing since the last couple of days is the same as what professional CGI teams use for their productions.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Time to replace those 1080's? May I recommend: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/631420/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-V-12GB-HBM2

Buy two, just in case...

martcerv likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

They sure are, lots of the stuff on them is not used for gaming and they aren’t meant for that anyway. But it is a card that answers the most important question with a yes for the first time: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12170/nvidia-titan-v-preview-titanomachy/8

15. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Regarding this I read that for this demo to run in realtime they needed 4x volta GPU's so RTX is not something we will be getting in games for quite a few more years.
    The next gen Volta or whatever it will be called will likely not surpass the Titan V and so needing 4 of those means its a completly useless feature for even 2 card sli at the top end next gen gamer gpu's.

Kind of funny how NV is pushing a feature thats going to be far from useable in any real games for many years to come. Maybe the 4080ti can manage this but by 2020 8k displays will be available so 8k60 with rtx is not going to be happening at that res for at least 5 more years beyond that.

17. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I’m hoping for a minimum of 30% performance increase in the next gen card over a 1080ti, that should give a bit of headroom for a few years. 1080ti is fairly boarderlone for high settings in VR now I find.

18. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its kind of where VR SLI really needs to be supported, currently looking at many Benchmarks Titan V is still slower then gtx 1080 SLI in many games and 1080ti SLI will still be considerably faster then a single Volta TI card. With VR SLI if done properly can render 1 card per eye with less latency then a single card and considerably better performance. Unreal engine supports NV VR SLI so displays like the Pimax 8k+ (2x 4k90) will be useable but sticking to single card solutions even current gen vr displays will struggle getting high settings at their considerably lower resolution without dipping below optimal refresh rates.

19. Rudski

Rudski Alien

There's a site that you can directly compare video cards and see the performance differences and it seems that 30% is about right between a 980ti and 1080ti but Nvidia typically don't release the ti versions right away. Comparing a 980 and a 1080ti the 1080 is about 50% faster.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti/2576vs3918

20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

This is an issue that SMP is supposed to fix as there really shouldn’t be a need to render the same scene twice. Hopefully we see support for this become a bit more standardised