1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Seating Position in car with VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Bob Peirce, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

The other day I fired up AC after being away for three weeks. After finally getting everything working I went out to do a few laps using VR and discovered I seemed to be positioned very far forward, almost it appeared in line with the steering wheel. I was able to get what I considered to be a normal seating position pretty much the way it actually is in my car. However, I wondered what is the purpose of the forward position? All the other settings make sense, but not this one. The only possibly useful purpose might be for videos.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions In-Car seating positions Jun 27, 2021
    ACC General Discussions How to Adjust your Seating Position? Nov 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Seating positions, and saving for each individual car, - car.ini ? Dec 26, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Looking for a seating solution Jul 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room How are you guys changing the cam and/or seating adjustments? Dec 10, 2013
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes info for car position in map Mar 12, 2024
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues HP Reverb G2 Camera Position Bug Jan 12, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds flashing position board on windshield Dec 10, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Wiper moving position very odd Sep 14, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality Save seated position in VR? Jul 13, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Porsche 992 GT3 picture is positioned inconsistently in the set up screen Apr 21, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dash Camera position permanently changed mid race Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Penalty for track limits if position won Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Grid Composition in Official Championships Jul 19, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Out of Position DT? Jun 17, 2022

3. Mascot

Mascot Racer

Yeah, auto position always puts you right on top of the steering wheel for some reason. I generally use the shoulders and wheel position to get a position that feels right, but sometimes the driver model is HUGE.

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

I move my head forward/backwards/ side to side and keep pressing re-centre keys until I’m happy with where it is. Usually only takes 2 or 3 attempts

5. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Sometimes the cars have viewpoint set differently to make the cockpit easier to use in 2D. But the auto-pos feature in one of the built-in Apps should move your eyepoint to the position where the dirver's eyes are in the 3D model, then you can tweak it from there. Also if you go to external view with the app active, then you will also see a cross in the place where the camera is set up, so it's easier to adjust.

For example most F1 cars in AC have the default eyepoint set higher than the real car, so you can see better.

6. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I look down the slight gap in the rift so I can just see where my hands are on my real wheel & try to line it up so they match the drivers hands. Makes a big difference to the driving feel.

Insert Coin, Serge M and paul_wev like this.
  7. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

I think everybody is missing my point. I had it set up correctly from the get-go. I was wondering what is the point of a view from the position of the wheel?

8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

May work better for triple screen set ups when you have them placed right in front of your wheel and other gear. Get a bit more windscreen space as less is taken by car interior

paul_wev likes this.
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Can confirm that the standard views are generally quite handy for triples. I don't have much need to adjust my views except the pitch setting.

10. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I wish the pitch setting worked in VR. Kegetys has a nice little app that allows it but for some reason it doesn't always work.

11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Dash Cam. One of the alternate views available by pressing F1

12. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

OK. That makes sense. I hang an iPhone behind my mirror while on track and that would be about the same perspective. Still, it is better for videos than for real time.

13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Dash cam view makes sense for driving with close screen(s) where you position your wheel where the virtual one would be.
    [​IMG]

BrandonW77 likes this.
  14. Bob Peirce

Bob Peirce Racer

This is the view I use in AC in VR because it pretty much matches the view I have from my car. There is a closer view I'm talking about which might be good for review videos but is too close for actual driving as far as I'm concerned.

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Hmm yeah, I probably should have looked closer at that pic lol it looks like the regular view with the virtual wheel turned off... I had assumed those triple screen guys used dash cam but thinking about it I guess you would just use the regular view with the wheel and driver turned off. Maybe single screen users that run a screen close to the wheel might use it? Who knows. If you look at just 1 of the screens in that image the view is really close so maybe that is how dash cam looks on triples? I went from single screen to VR so have no experience with triple screens.

16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Press reset in the app where you can change seat position. I dont remember what its called atm.