1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Looking for a seating solution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ricky Reject, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

'ello people!

I'm currently driving from a regular office chair and office desk in my music studio. I have the Logitech G27 which is great for quickly installation and deinstallation of the wheel and shifter.

However, the chair is driving me mad with its casters/wheels. I can rarely find the same seating position as the race before and I keep sliding around.

If I had the room, I'd get one of those Playseats or whatever they're called, but that would mean far too many comprimises to my room and music studio.

I've seen one office chair in the style of a racing seat, but unfortunately it had wheels as well, which defeats the whole purpose. I would need a good chair that can be used as both regular chair *and* a racing seat.

Any ideas or suggestions?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Looking for the view settings file Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room looking for championship in belgium, france, england, italie Dec 22, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a Streamer for ACF1 Formula 1 Championship Oct 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck looking at car on race start Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Looking left and right Jun 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for part from Logitech G25 Jun 12, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Indy 400 / Looking for Participants! (RSS) Jun 6, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Starting a new ACC league, looking for members! May 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR impossible to get reliable and good looking grafics May 23, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a late night league in NA Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for our Racing Commentator Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Audi Endurance Team - Looking for drivers Dec 26, 2021

3. Horus

Horus Alien

Do you really need wheels on your chair? If not try these Bell Glides
    [​IMG]
    You can also get different types like this for instance.
    [​IMG]

I had a set but gave them to someone before Christmas, they are cheap and work very well. :)

p.s. If you wanted posher bling you could go for these shiny Precious

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Griffin likes this.
  4. Ricky Reject

No, I'm trying to avoid wheels at all costs so those seem like they might do the trick! I guess I could buy an "office race seat" and then simply replace the casters on it...would sure be a step up from my current flee-market chair (really wish that was a joke, but it isnt, heh).

5. Horus

Horus Alien

I can say they work very well and don't have the tendency of allowing you to scoot across the floor when you heavily brake. If you have a polished wood floor I would advise using some felt pads under them though. About the flee-market chair, I have a similar thing that rocks from left to right it's great fun taking a corner as it makes you lean into it. LOL

6. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

I would make a (very low, hight 2cm) wooden tub and put your office seat in it. In that case you can still slide around when you're not racing.

I'm a truly artist!! :cool: But you get the idea. It's a cheap simple solution.

Attached Files:

7. tkrisz2

tkrisz2 Racer

I had the same problem when i started sim racing, I've simply taken off the wheels and put a carpet under the seat and the pedal and the problem has gone:)

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  8. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

But a playseat takes not so much space right? They can fold.

I'm getting a second one. The first I build with a friend and now I'm buying an original Playseat. My friend is working there so I can buy a demo (used 2 times ) for a veeeryy good price (150eu).
    http://playseat.nl/shop/playseat-gran-turismo-newedition/747/758/7237/

It's the Gran Turismo edtition but that's not bad. I don't complain with that price.

BTW if someone is interested to see Playseat HQ, I've been there and had a exclusive tour trough the company (the HQ is in Doetinchem, The Netherlands. Building takes place is China). :D

9. Ricky Reject

Qwaribo: I like the picture you've drawn! It could be a modern art masterpiece! :p I seriously have something in my like that for the pedals tho; some kind of wee platform to tilt them a bit...

For the chair, I did find these for a very reasonable price. Together with the stoppers that Horus suggested, I think I'll be on track (pun intended!):
    http://www.arozzi.se/

10. Horus

Horus Alien

For the pedals I use a plank of wood bolted to the bottom of them and then a t-bar that rests against the skirting board. It raises them and holds them in place. I have also made a mod for the brake pedal using some high density foam and a couple large tap rubber washers that I drilled out the middle with a hand crafting tool. It has given the pedals that little more force so that you can feel the pedals more than the slightly sloppy feel with the clutch swap spring switch. :)

11. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

When my officer chair broke I thought I could get another one.... or

First I made a strong box, glued and screwed... a lot ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Because it is for tiles I glued to it's base that super non slip stuff.
    [​IMG]

Painted it black and then put wheels on the back of it so I could lean it backwards and then move it around.
    [​IMG]

I then stuck some faux metal plate to it and used cheap racking cut to size to go on the corners.
    [​IMG]

Went down to the auto shop and bought a cheapish racing seat....
    [​IMG]
    Profit :D

It doesn't move an inch but can be moved simply by tilting it backwards. Also when in place it can be adjusted forwards and backwards and tilt just like a real racing seat... mainly because it is. When I first made it I was not quite happy because it was not the most comfortable seat in the world however after it "broke in" it is superbly comfortable.

Highly recommended :)

BTW I simply throw the race stand in front of it for racing fun.
    [​IMG]

CanOx, Horus and Qwaribo like this.
  12. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Wood is the most easy I think. Be creative like Schrubbo! ;) We'll see the progress I hope! :D

13. Horus

Horus Alien

@ Shrubbo that is a well crafted design and implemented beautifully. Very nice workmanship and clever touch with the wheels. :D

14. Ricky Reject

Shrubbo: looks very nice! Also sweet to have an actual real seat

And also: that's some freaky sh*t! The chair on the right in one of your pictures, with the zebra upholstery, looks exactly like the one I have now!! Frikkie....

15. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

hahah was an office chair. Took the back off and my x recovered it in the zebra crap. Best drum seat ever :)

Ricky Reject likes this.
  16. Ricky Reject

Good deal :p I have a Roland-kit myself. Maybe should do a Shrubbo and use it for my a drum seat as well, heh. Zebra feels a bit too Mötley tho...

In any case, I think my plan will be to buy a game/racing-chair and replace the casters, then build a box or platform of sorts to tilt the pedals a bit. Hopefully I can push it up against the wall somehow so they stay put. 98T and the 3rd party AC Cobra are forcing me down this road...

17. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

A benefit of deficit depending on how you look at it is that with my solution it doesn't twist. I never noticed how much of a difference that made to car control until I made the change. Actually if you think of it how well would you go driving your real car if the seat twisted while you were driving? Something to consider anyway.

18. CanOx

CanOx Simracer

I ditched my office chair completely and use a recliner like this now, mostly because I had to lower my desk to make racing comfortable. I can lean back a bit and stretch out race style, nice and low to my pedals.
    I find its also much more comfortable for any long periods on the computer.. I just put my keyboard on my lap if Im doing anything else.
    Really considering building something like @Shrubbo 's seat though.. very nice.

[​IMG]

19. Horus

Horus Alien

But then how many beers would you drink and drive. (Hopefully none) :)

Still that is great workmanship, anyone would be proud of that as their driving seat. :D

20. Ricky Reject

I ended up buying an "Arozzi" gaming chair in Monza Red. However, the armrests are driving me mad; they seem to constantly be in the way. I'm not sure how anyone can race from a recliner!

It only costs me like 170 euro, but still considering returning it. The more expensive ones have armrests which are removable, but I really dont want to ditch out 300+ euro...

21. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Casters with brakes?
    [​IMG]