1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Project CARS 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Berry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

was just running at Indy in VR, wow just wow. Very cool.

mister dog, Cote Dazur and Slowbloke like this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Just a few lines to mention to those like me here who have not used PCars2 in a while.

I am trying PCars2 again and again from time to time after updates, to see if it is improved and if I might enjoy using it. I bought the game after all, why not using it.

Before this last update, I have been impressed by the clarity of the VR brought by a new setting in the previous update, but I still was unimpressed by the overall performance of the game on my system. Particularly an intermittent stuttering. The driving was also inconsistent.
    The AI was also annoying me. The sound, who always felt like it was coming from weird places at time.

Since the last update, 1.6.0, I believe we are at, the performance is excellent, not sure what they have done, but finally PCars2 runs well on my system. The AI, while still not “perfect”, but none are, is much better. The sound is better as well.
    All that to say that for a few days now, I have been enjoying PCars2 like never before, might even say for the first time really.

Some of you that might appreciate some aspect of PCars, like the graphics look really good in VR now, might have found an acceptable setting for FFB, I did, took a while, had to lower my expectation, but it is nice now, might want to give an other go.
    Really not sure what they did, as they did not document this last update much, but it sure feels much better to me.

Who knows, this time might be the time, PCars2 finally has reach a stage that is good enough to have fun with it for you.

Ace Pumpkin, Andrew_WOT and mms like this.
  3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

I saw players number went up as well, could be also Le Mans DLC related.
    We"ll see, everytime after I run GT on Nord I tend to uninstall it right away.

rauf00 likes this.
  4. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Can anyone tell if demo was updated since cca 3 months ago?

mms likes this.
  5. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I got problems with ffb settings. Tried to find sth decent on my g29 and for me the feeling in this game just sucks. How is that possible that after my second lap in P1 gtr (very sluggish etc) I got 80. result in the world. Wtf. For me it is arcady anyway. Idk :/ But I really respect other things - whole world and complexity of different modes. I would love to see Assetto in this format.

6. mms

mms Alien

Unfortunately I think it has never been updated, at least I never saw an update in Steam and my local files have timestamps from 2017...

7. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

The time trials are not that popular, or at least certain cars at certain tracks on PC (there are a huge number of cars and tracks in PC2 - there are thousands if not tens of thousands of combinations)) I hold at least one world record and I'm a slow driver. The tracks I hold records at have nothing like 80 other times.

8. Haiden773

Haiden773 Hardcore Simmer

I do the same. I recently upgraded from the V2 to an Accuforce. I was hoping I'd feel a vast improvement, or at least be able to use SimCommander's Foundation mode to improve the feel. Sadly, the improvement wasn't as big as I'd hoped. PCars2 has a lot of detail in the FFB, but, for me, I can't feel the grip levels like I can in other sims when braking hard in a straight line, or when cornering at threshold. If those two things were there, I'd be playing a lot more PCars, because I totally agree with you on the graphics. Whatever they've done has made a huge improvement in VR. It's the best looking sim I have in VR and it runs at a smooth, consistent 90 fps. It's absolutely gorgeous, which makes the FFB issue just a real bummer. The sounds need work though. Compared to RE3 and AC with the Fonsecker sound mod, some of the cars in PCars sound awful. And, unfortunately, a lot of those are the cars I like most...LOL.

I haven't given up hope with SimCommander, though. It's pretty robust, and I'm hoping that I can get it to work some magic for PCars. The problem is, all my other sims feel insanely better with the DD. PCars does too for the things it does well, the problem is, the DD also makes what lacking in PCars more pronounced. :(

9. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Hmmm I was underwhelmed after I tried the demo. Now reading positive comments about latest improvements I am tempted to give it another chance but then again not having enough time even for sims I like (rf2, AC, AMS) I won't buy this unless I am really convinced. And demo didn't manage to do it. So if it is true that demo is still old tech then why don't devs update it along with the main build? Isn't old demo doing more harm then benefit? I bought NetKar Pro and RF2 after I was pleased with their demos.

mms likes this.
  10. mms

mms Alien

Yup, I was wondering the same, I'd really like to have a demo with the latest version...otherwise I'll just grab it during the summer steam sale if the price will be right...

11. plaid

plaid Alien

I think the problem with the AI was, that the AI didn't avoid puddles (especially cause they aren't effected by them). Wet tracks were no problem and puddles are supposed to be tricky I guess. Anyway Im bothering about the AI in endurance races. In sprint races they are actually good depending on the stettings (aggression 100 appears far too high :?) Its better but overlapping and pitstrategies still seem to be a problem. I read somewhee that the FFB changed, while it seems like it didn't.

As far as I remember the physics/FFB didn't improved that much, at least not in dry conditions. It would maybe best to wait till they are done with physics and FFB improvements (and maybe AI if you are into endurance) and then think about to buy/refund or wait for a sale.
    Personally I rather would hope they close the gap regarding the FFB to AC etc. with the next game (or GTR3 does that or ACC in case the content will drasticly grow). Still some are happy with it or enjoy it for what it is. Some cars aren't that bad imo, if you have the patience to spent time with the FFB settings

12. Haiden773

I believe I made some progress last night. Since the release, the general rule I've seen from the SMS threads has always been to lower Fx. This never made sense to me, because when I did, I lost what little scrub feel I there was. So I never lowered it below 45. With the other settings at my preferred values, raising Fx any higher would cause too much clipping or require me to lower the gains more than I wanted. But last night I raised Fx to 70, assuming the DD's increased torque range would absorb it, and it did. The result was much better scrub feeling under heavy braking and threshold cornering speeds. I was only working with the Porsche 911 GT3 R and the LMP 900 Ferrari 333, but both felt better than anything I've ever driven before in PCars, and I was actually really enjoying the session at Watkins. Insanely enough, when I switched from the Porsche 911 GT3 in PCars to the same car in AC, for the first time EVER, I actually missed the PCars2 experience. :eek: However, that said, there's more to it than FFB, and the sound of the Porsche in PCars2 is just depressing. And the AI is still a bit wonky. They don't run into you as much, but their driving patterns are erratic and twitchy, almost like someone racing with a d-pad, and they run wide too often. Not completely off track, but putting the left or right tires over the kerb and into the grass far too often to be realistic. That and the erratic lines, really break the immersion, which is really a shame because, aesthetically, it's a beautiful sim. But every time I see the AI twitching and putting tires on the grass even though it's on a straight with no other cars around, it's just strange.

Anyway, I obviously want to give it a bit more testing, but boosting Fx seems to be step in the right direction for me. Might be worth a shot if you've been feeling the FFB is vague under heavy braking and cornering.

13. plaid

plaid Alien

For the people who enjoy some cars but dislike many others in PCars2: Which would you recommend?

IT would be helpful to have some good examples to test FFB settings/improvements.

It would be cool to have at least one good car per category.

Its maybe better to ask that in their Forum, but i assume there will be a maaaany Posts and b including Bad recommwndations.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  14. Haiden773

I'm currently going through the same process--trying to figure out which cars are decent and which aren't. I'm not going to be changing setting per car, so what I did was find a car I love, got it feeling decent, and now I'm looking for cars that feel good with those settings. Adjusting Volume on the fly is about all I'm willing to do. If they had per car saves, I'd totally be willing to tune each car. But having to do it each time I change cars is just dumb.

So far, I like the Porsche 911 GT3 R. That's the car I started with. The Ferrari 333 SP also felt decent with those settings. I've only recent started trying to filter through the list. Let me know if you find anything else.

Alistair McKinley likes this.
  15. plaid

plaid Alien

Im too annoyed by trying each especially with specific Settings and setups. :oops:
    I didnt tried that Many before i threw the towel, but its mostly the Porsche gt3. (Street)
    The Aston was The Most okay ish gt4. Gt3/e hmhmhm, lmp meh.
    Anyway i only have a Logi Dfgt. Mid to high end Wheels offer probably more Potential.

16. Haiden773

Even with the V2, there was a limit to how much Fx I could add without running into clipping issues. I like a little weight in the wheel, so I kept Fx at 45-50 when I running the V2. The Accuforce has more torque capacity, so I can get it up to 70. I noticed some other AF users sharing profiles with high Fx settings, as well. Might as well see how high you can get it. It might help.

17. The best thing you can do (other than uninstall) is to unplug the wheel and use a gamepad instead so you don't have to deal with the crappy ffb.

18. Slowbloke

Slowbloke Simracer

Right car and track combo no other SIM touches the FFB in Pcars2 to me.

Jordi Lloveras likes this.
  19. bobken

bobken Rookie

ignore these sort of comments and just enjoy both games, AC and PCars2, form your own opinion. These type of comments are spoiling a good forum.

ElPueblo, Slowbloke and miky like this.
  20. kraM1t

kraM1t Racer

Can you give me your FFB settings and some good combos? I can never get PC2 to feel like rF2/AC/AMS. Also the strange thing is I seem to actually get better FFB with more information in the wet on wet tyres where as it should be the opposite lol