1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

lol... ok. :D

2. martcerv

martcerv Alien

[​IMG]

Kopiller, sissydriver and liakjim like this.
  3. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

na actually I'm annoyed about this:

[​IMG]

so you'll have to wait for the official information about it, I'll just avoid investing time to useless stuff and adjust my communication to what seems suitable :p

DM2zzion and tabis like this.
  4. There is no need for questions about the rating stuff since the community knows you're doing this job.
    You're doing a great work with MR and I'm sure your work will be better with the off. support now :)

Thx and greets
    After_Midnight

5. minolin = work guarantee :)

6. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Upon closer inspection it appears to be the Sparco F-10 A mounted to the CSW 2.5 base through the CSW Universal Hub.

rycil and hristo1026 like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

People typing their questions in Twitter hurt my brain. 90% of them could get answer by checking sticky posts, ACC website or the Roadmap image

sissydriver likes this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

The rating stuff was actually the most interesting as the rest was just timeline of inevitable content so knew the what just not the when. Figured to soon to ask more info though, “behavioural data analysis” was the one that stood out, care to share more details?

9. elchshooter

elchshooter Hardcore Simmer

No need to be pissed, we do care a lot! Most innovative feature without any doubt, and we´re eager to hear/read more about it!

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

The people who care about the rating don't ask a million questions. But to me it's one of the most important topics. I saw the entries in the roadmap and I'm very curious! I don't care about VR and content + date is crystal clear.
    What you make of the ratings really is my greatest interest in ACC, together with physics.

Kopiller likes this.
  11. Minolin

haha don't worry guys, my mood or view on my work doesn't change upon the "feedback" from "communities". Not after Misano, and especially this weekend. Ofc. it's entirely possible to fail, but for the moment I don't regret any decision or priorization during the development process so far.

btw. just in time and relevant: @Aristotelis had his take on the event, specifically the difference between real drivers and alien-like simracers here.
    While this is absolutely true, I can pronounce that the most visible difference is the approach (at least if the driver is driving the sim, not playing a game*):

Real drivers are 100% capable to be on the safe side, while having very impressive pace. This is not only having a valid lap, but the whole package - consistency, risk management, attacking where it's needed. There are lots of secondary skills including the almost instant adjustment to a new environment and conditions. The simracers (and drivers playing a game) aimed for being super fast, and easily accept an invalid lap or even spin/crash.

It's in the nature of a hotlap event competition, you only need that one best lap, all the others aren't worth anything. But this may be a core difference between most simraces and real drivers: the real drivers tend to be much more complete. And to me, that's leading to the interesting gap to reduce.

*you could see the difference between playing and driving on wet conditions. Literally everybody is becoming super serious then, driving perfectly on the limit (both real drivers and aliens), no stupid moves or risks.
    On the dry, some would do the same while others obviously played a game, overdriving and going as risky as they'd never do in the real car

Edit: And I forgot to insert the unrealistic, hyper-agile setups everybody is using just to set this single best lap somewhere in that text

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  12. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Makes sense, us sim racers have never had a manager come and chew our arses out for binning a £500,000+ car in T1.

D.Jankovic and chksix like this.
  13. Minolin

I thought about automatically uninstalling ACC, and replacing the FFB config with some garbage after a crash. But somehow this was refused

14. amazing words and weekend for all who could attend and try the sim (not me ofc.)
    we all hope the online experiences, collisions, damage is as great as now the game looks and sounds (and ofc drives but as in any Kunos game, that's the least to be worried about)
    we hope the pro drivers could give the same feedback on collisions, crashes and everything related to the online experience.

anthony galmiche likes this.
  15. chuky

chuky Alien

If it rained during the real race you would probably have seen the same kind of differences (as in ACC but in the real race) between experienced drivers and less experienced ones, obviously smaller ones. The podium wouldn't have been the same even though there were mistakes and mechanical problems and damage. But maybe with ACC, now pilots will get more experience in changing conditions and rain, and differences between experienced drivers and other ones will be smaller in the future. At the moment I'm sure you could also make a meme like Aris did : What are we ? Pro drivers ! What do we want ? Day and Dry ! I mean in real races. Although I'm not sure playing ACC at night will be exactly the same as in reallife because screens are not hdr so your eyes don't see the same range. And there'll still be a difference of race manager experience.

Btw I was thinking even though changing conditions bring strategy, in real races they have scripts that tell them when is the best to pit depending on people on the track and chances of rain. Maybe in the full AC2 there'll be python scripts that will calculate the best strategy for you (and maybe the probable strategy of other drivers), and suddenly a big part of the strategy will be gone.

16. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

eh, just the other day I saw Paolo do 2:14's in an R8. Someone came along in the chat and said "I've seen 12's". lol

I would love to see a 2:17's lap from that event to see where the track limits were.

Fun idea would be to have a timetrial competition in September against the aliens 2:17.3xx lap of this event.

17. Metallurgy-TR

Metallurgy-TR Rookie

Hello guys,

Do u think about ACC prices? Maybe it has been written other pages but i didn't see.

18. hristo1026

hristo1026 Racer

This part is especially interesting.

19. Metallurgy-TR

Metallurgy-TR Rookie

Hello guys,

What do u think about ACC prices? (for steam) Maybe it has been written other pages but i didn't see.

20. The price hasn't been announced yet. Save up the sixty bucks that every game costs and then be pleasantly surprised when it costs less than that.

jaxx_za and miky like this.