1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic 1.03 Update/impression?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Sep 29, 2016.

1. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

If I have explain to you how bad your reply was, then there's something wrong I reckon.
    Anyway, this is off topic.

huzzellio and Bibbles like this.
  2. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ok, played two hours straight career, this is what I found out:
    CAR: Ferrari 599XX
    • indeed game is smooth and really comes to shine the stable frame rate, so big here.

AI is still stupid AF (sry for the AF, hear me out)

You won't believe me when I say that I was driving 8 lap Imola for an hour straight!!!!
    • the first chicane is horror, how they start so they go through the chicane, ramming each other (including me of course), pushing of the track (including me), reckless driving....just in some stages uncontrollable driving from the AI!
    • why did AI become a bit"smarter"? I mean it can't be that they're blocking you hard when you try to overtake, it can't be that even tho they brake to early you pass one guy and he's still holding the inner line (did unread where I wrote that I pass him??), and battles with me hard? How can he be battling with me when I pass him????
    • AI brakes to damn early!!! I was driving first race Nurburgring GP, with Ferrari 599XX, difficult worry hard, best them nice, no TC etc, but AI keeps breaking to early which makes your race hard.
    Can you imagine this one;
    You're driving behind an opponent, you knows gonna brake early, you position your car (right/left) and set your car for overtaking, he brakes hard, you pass him with your complete car but he's still on your side battles you!!! How is that possible???!!!!!! I pass him clearly, I hit the Apex but he came back strong and is wheel to wheel with you!?!?
    • IMOLA •
    AI are just to slow and predictable!! ALWAYS using the same line, best one is the in the middle of the track where you come uphill and the fast left hander in that coffee AI goes constantly bit wide and breake hard on the exit (WHYYYY?????) which is very dangerous if your behind him.
    • if your behind an AI you're in a stage 4sec slower then the leader.
    • AI is predictable and not "clever"at all. Ramming, hitting, forcing out of the track is just not normal....

I've the feeling that Kunos didt touch the behavior of the AI, bcoz it can't be that they "improved it"this area without testing the behavior of the AI and what the new changes will bring.

Overall game define key bertter BUT....I really am afraid to drive against the AI!! I don't enjoy it anymore. They're just to dangerous when driving against them.

Remember, did one hour of driving the Inola track, completing the lap was s miracle!!

I don't wanna bash guys I love and I'll support Kinos studio but I really hope that they'll improve the AI behavior!

And yes, I notice as well that you've to breake earlier now!!!

Damn...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skemekos123 likes this.

3. Well I'm sorry I offended your delicate sensibilities then with a blunt comment and a joke. Didn't mean to trigger you like that.

4. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

I'm not liking what they've done with the controller, I've got it better now but still nowhere near as good as before the update, much like some of the updates for PCars they change something it's doesn't work for you, so you hope they improve it or change it back, but if not you just have to live with it.

I can get within .500 of a second on most of my time from before the update (well the tracks and cars I've tried since the update) but it's seems a bit unpredictable now so I'm less consisted (strangely I'm faster though eau rouge by about 3-4mph consistently), but I'll get there in the end.

In a prefect world we'd have the option to pick the controller algorithm but I'm realistic that's not going to happen I don't know if any game as offered a option like that before for pads.
    And I don't expect it I know Kunos are a small team that have more important things to be doing then mess with pad settings.

OT: Hoping to beat my playing time with PCars (1800+ hrs on ps4 yes with a controller I know I'm sad and have no life) so I'm in this for the long haul.

5. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Ok, I don't know what I'm talking about. It works perfectly. I won't say anything anymore on these forums. Thanks.

6. I'm betting the reason they did it was to improve things in some way.

I think it's just a matter of re-dialing in your settings.

I'd love to help but I haven't quite dialed in my controller settings yet because I only use a wheel to play but I still like to find the best settings to give to people so I'll work on that tonight and get back to you. I'm very particular about settings because I think the settings should be balanced and in many games, they're not. The controls shouldn't be too twitchy, but you should also be able to countersteer immediately to avoid spinning. It's hard to find that balance but I'll try.

Dying_Snail likes this.
  7. Bibbles

Bibbles Simracer

Ok I don't think your controller settings are the problem, I say try lowering your tyre pressures a little by say 2 psi also the toe settings on some cars are way out , check them and if its a car you having problems with set the front toe to zero to start and adjust from there , minus camber can also help .

It does sound that your entering the corner to fast and inducing understeer ( lose of traction ) combined with the weight/force of the car pushing you forward when you want it to turn, now no amount of fiddling is going to change that you simply need to slow down ( not a dig ) and that will take practice, frustration will only make you worse.

I suggest pick a car you have issues with try the tuning ive mentioned pick a twisty track and simply practice until you get the hang of it and your determination will pay off.

This game does have a steep learning curve, I was having similar issues myself and like you I blamed the game so I just ran hot lap after hot lap adjusting my driving style I soon found it was actually me just not getting my braking points correct and over doing the corners plus a few tuning tweeks on certain cars.

Anyways give it a go and see how you get on . Goodluck fella don't give up.

Foot note :
    I have got a controller setting that works well for me if you wish to try it.
    20160929_181740.jpg

2.0 ( adjust up for slower response)

Also stability control Ive no idea what its meant to do in game but it certainly doesn't work like irl , if your using it try turning it off or at the very least turn it way down low . All I've found that aid does is destroy the cars turning abilities.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Dying_Snail likes this.
  8. Never said that but you need to be more aware of what you're saying. You make comments about the handling of the cars when really your problem was with the control settings, not the physics.

You made strong comments against Assetto Corsa, I responded in kind but I mainly was trying to help.

9. Dying_Snail

Dying_Snail Gamer

Thank you, before the update I had the controller at its default settings and to me it was prefect I was amazed how good it was probable the best controller settings in any sim I've played ever since my first "sim" Indianapolis 500 on Amiga IMO.

10. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

The force feedback seems to have improved since the last update. It's now more like it was pre-day-one patch. Combined with the smoother frame rate the game is now very beautiful to play.

Definitely a leap in the right direction and my faith in AC on console has been restored.

TitzonToast and Mattbeastblood like this.
  11. Really? I didn't like the default. I messed with them a little and came up with this (this is pre-update)

Speed Sensitivity- 20
    Steering Speed- 20
    Deadzone- 10
    Filter-0
    Gamma- 1.0

I'm gonna tweak and try to find the best. Also between cars because good settings for one car can be terrible for another.

I also thought there might be a small improvement in the FFB, but there's nothing about it in the patch notes so I thought it was just me.

12. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Mattbeastblood, I'm glad I'm not imaging it. It's possible that it's some other factor that's contributing to the slightly different feeling. Perhaps the smoother frame rate.

13. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

When people ask for private lobbies what they really mean is custom lobbies, English isn't exactly prerequisite to be a gamer with an internet connection. And the lack of custom lobbies is the reason why the community is so small, its the reason why almost all PC sims are dead online.

RE: 1.03

Steering feels different. I reset to default then applied my wheel settings again (t500rs) but the cars feel much more twitchy, the steering is more direct. Not too sure this is a plus. Also while the framerate is improved, they have left in bugs and introduced new ones.

I don't get the huge delays in updates either. They say they need to submit to Sony then it takes weeks. So how come other games can have patches out within hours of other patches in response to introduced bugs? Like with GT6 on a few occasions there was a big update, within literally minutes users were finding some small bugs and within a couple of hours a hotfix was online. This is happened with GTA5 also and I am sure there are other examples. So why can some devs throw out patches within hours and others take what.. a month?

14. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

For me the steering, the handling and the force feedback seem to be much improved; it all just seems more believable to me and I don't know what you mean when you say that it feels twitchy.

With regard to updates on console; it costs the devs money to submit an update, so they try to get as much done as possible and then submit it in a bigger batch. Obviously with something like GT6 this is not an issue since it is a ps exclusive, nor is it an issue for bigger devs with massive budgets.

Mauler_77 and Mattbeastblood like this.
  15. Just a general rule of thumb but, never compare massive, system selling games like Gran Turismo and GTA to a tiny game like Assetto Corsa from a tiny studio. They're never going to be equal or operating under the same circumstances. That's just not how a business like PSN works. Obviously they're gonna give special treatment to huge games like those while indie dev's have to wait their turn. It is what it is.

The problem is Sony is just pathetically slow in general about updating their store, not patches.

And btw, you said "weeks" when talking about patch submission to release, it was 6 days for this patch. The only time it ever takes weeks, is when the patch gets rejected. Sony isn't slow with patch approval, they're slow with store updates. There's a difference.

16. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

I am sure it was weeks ago when Kunos said the patch was submitted. And your store update theory doesn't mesh with other games getting updates within hours. How to you explain that?

Also isn't the cost for updates a myth? I know it used to happen but I thought that got scrapped years ago when Sony started to allow self publishing?

Either way your small studio excuse does not count when the game cost the same price as games from the largest studios. If they are demanding large studio money then I expect large studio performance. Period.

gregOr1971 and Larryf1951 like this.
  17. nasanu

nasanu Gamer

What I mean is that I jumped on after the update and immediately was oversteering (as in moving the wheel too much). I would turn the wheel and the car would turn more than I expected, and I was overcorrecting slides. I have to relearn how much the car will turn when I turn the wheel. Its twitchy now in that a small turn of the wheel makes the car swerve dramatically.

18. So I've got some settings now. Let me know what you think.

Speed Sensitivty- 30%
    Steering Speed- 12%
    Steering Deadzone- 2%
    Steering Filter- 18%
    Steering Gamma- 4.0

I'm at that point where anything I do isn't an improvement so I think they're good. They provide total control over the car without being too twitchy IMO.

The one setting that doesn't really do much IMO is speed sensitivty. I tried going without it completely, but for some of the faster cars I think it is needed because oddly, speed sensitivity doesn't work based on a percentage, it works on speed straight up so on some cars, it won't even really kick in at top speed, while others it'll affect steering through general driving.

It's hard to find settings that will balance between all cars, which is why Gran Turismo tends to have different controller settings for each car to get a better level of consistency. But this was the best compromise I could get between cars as I tested a range of cars after getting a baseline setting and adjusted for balance after driving different types of vehicles so hopefully it helps some people.

19. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Can't say that I've noticed this; it all seems fine to me. I'm not familiar with the t500 but I know that on the t300 you can change the degrees of rotation of the wheel itself by holding the mode button and sometime I had a problem where it would switch to a lower degree of rotation by itself. Don't known if this could be your issue as well.

20. Lucky your not on Xbox one, Microsoft always seem to take longer than Sony with the patches:(