1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER 1.2 - Competition Server changes

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

Coanda, martcerv and Barracuda have gone on at length about US servers being the only option for Aussies, and even that depends on where in Oz you live.

2. Stains

Stains Simracer

Well i don't get any US or any servers at all show up ! So that suck hard !

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

It depends on where you live there are only CP servers hosted from Europe and the US, these are also the only servers with a ping limit and so a fair part of the userbase has no access to a cp server in their region or timezone.
    In Australia from Melbourne since 1.3.10 I have been seeing a CP server in the US. Timezone sucks as its only very early morning AEST so I have never used it or likely ever will. In some parts of Australia you still wont see these. With nothing in Australia or Asia the majority of the worlds population probably will never get a CP server in their region and have a server lobby thats useless overall. You will be lucky to even see a local server in the lobby, its flooded by servers way outside the ping limit the CP server has implemented so as I said its useless to us.

Best option is join a league as public server racing is pretty much dead too as you can host local public servers but they wont even show in the lobby most of the time so will always stay empty. If you get a few people into one after manually searching for it, then the euros will flood in with their huge pings so again mostly useless outside of private leagues atm. :oops:

We have nearly 50 entries to our current season with racing likely much better then CP servers can provide, the US CP server only has SA60 as the min limit. :p

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  4. eracerhead

This is ridiculously low and my only quibble with CP servers. I hope Minolin is analyzing the SA level of the participants and finds that it’s OK to raise the limit again.

5. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

I honestly can't remember ever raising this, but it does sound like an issue if there isn't a CP server in reach of many Aussies :cool:

Stains and martcerv like this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe your post will just vanish :D, its easier to hide an issue then do something about it or at least make a statement if there will ever be more regions supported, or this is all that is planned and STFU to everyone that bought the game outside of Europe and the US. ;)

7. Stains

Stains Simracer

I've always been looking through the list of servers trying to find the CP server not realizing they are on the first page of the MP as its always just said NO SERVERS IN YOUR REGION but i didnt ever attribute that to the CP server ! Silly of me i know but it has never shown any servers since ive been playing MP .

8. Captain Barracuda

It seems to be all the replies addressing the issue that vanished. Can't find them anywhere. :eek:

9. Captain Barracuda

Yep it's that big ol' error message on the 1st MP page. Rumoured by many Aussies to just be a static JPEG, it does do something if you are geographically located near their target market.

Stains and martcerv like this.
  10. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

CP races on US server are fine, people behave way better than high SA public servers. Right now there is usually 1 split, at most 2. If they raised the SA requirements I don't think we'll have enough people.

11. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Gamer

On the US servers I've been noticing that where there's "too many" people, the low SA requirements starts to kick in. Simply because on a 15-car field, 1 bad driver probably won't cause THAT much trouble, but when you get a 2nd split with full grid (25 cars) you start to have 5+ guys messing it all up and depending on the track it can be problematic.

But, as you said, the amount of people, their pace and their safety will always be a tricky math for ACC to do. I believe they are aware of it, as they have much more data than us, and will make adjustments when viable. Hopefully.

12. Arnold96

Arnold96 Gamer

Hello everyone. So... I've just decided to give ACC a try, since I got tired of iRacing lately. The problem is that I didn't manage to join the competition servers twice, just because they are full. Now I don't know what kind of requirements I need to get to race in this title but if I don't even get a chance to race, I don't think it will take too much for me to get back into iRacing. By the way my SA is 86 (I know it can be higher but it's not possible to raise it too highly without losing my CC (92)). What should I do? I mean I've wasted also my time practicing.

13. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Forgett about CC and raise SA! Thats what u have to do!

14. Arnold96

Arnold96 Gamer

Thanks man!

15. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Can we plz get an second 2h Race maybe 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month!?

16. holnivek

holnivek Gamer

I see a 2-hour CP race on Sundays occasionally. What's the schedule like for 2-hour race now?

17. eracerhead

It’s the first Sunday of each month. I believe you run the US servers? Those are held at 6PM CST (theoretically; servers have been borked the last two months I’ve tried to run the 2hr event)

holnivek likes this.
  18. kashifm

kashifm Racer

Today, all 3 of the 3 races on the US servers got stuck in free practice and it wouldn't start.

19. xX-Chris-Xx

xX-Chris-Xx Gamer

Cant join CP server! it says Server is full try again Later!?? WTH

Attached Files:

20. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

This bug happened some time ago. Looks like for some reason your split server failed. Maybe it crashed or something.