1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

120/144hz screen

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Dean, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Dean

Dean Gamer

Hey fellas,

Im currently gaming on a 1440p 60hz IPS monitor though I've always wondered what 120/144hz would be like in AC......
    Is it really worth the upgrade? and would I notice a major difference and or would it give any advantage and improve lap times? just a thought thanks

2. What monitor is it mate , ive got a hazro 1440p monitor and i use a prog called NVIDIA Pixel Clock Patcher which overclocks the monitor . I can get it too 114hz . Just noticed u have an amd card so maybe u can do some research to see if amd supports this software of some kind and if your monitor can be overclocked. I dont think it will give any advantage ive played at 60hz and still set some wr times on rsr.

3. Nao

Nao Alien

When you start playing on 120/144hz, there is no turning back :p ... games that only use camera movement in two dimensions (most top down games, like RTS, action rpg's etc) are ok on 60hz, but any FPS, TPP, sim game will feel better. I'm already a lost cause, I can't return to play in 60hz at all ... bought FinalFantasy13, managed to get it on perfect 60fps with no stutter and im still feeling sick after an hour due to not enough fps >_< as the game is locked to 60 max.

As for laptimes, it's not that big of a deal, it might improve it indirectly by making your eyes strain less and by improving peripheral vision (you can actually look to the side and follow close track objects passing by) improving spatial sense (speed sensitivity), but don't expect much. It's more of a comfort thing, like a mechanical keyboard. You don't feel much improvement when you change to it but then going back feels horrible haha.

Personally i don't feel like there is a big difference between 120 and 144, it might be for really hardcore FPS-ers but i'm running AC at 100FPS and 120Hz refresh rate and its silky smooth. If anything thou, i would recommend picking a monitor that can do G-sync (for AMD cards its FreeSync) - it's a next step from v-sync, makes the monitor and graphic card work in sync so playing at any framerate, even when it's changing, will look smooth and stutterless. Another (less important but still cool gimmick too look into) is lightboost - it makes LCD work kind of like the CRT, making the movement really clear (ghostless), but idk if there is a monitor on the market that has both G-sync and lightboost.

A good site to start looking into all this would be: http://www.blurbusters.com/ It has a bunch of articles on refresh rates and other new tech and it has lists of monitors supporting it so it's easier to actually find what you want.

ps: There is a reason all the VR software are pushing for higher refresh rates, Rift CV1 is 90hz i think and the sony VR is supposed to be 120hz, higher refresh rates are a requirement to prevent sickness there, and while some people may not feel or see the difference for example between 60 and 80hz on monitors, the eyes will definitely feel it :p higher hz are just better.

Alexims and Thomas Gocke like this.
  4. Dean

Dean Gamer

Thanks I have a Dell u2713hm.

I just looked into a program called Monitor Cru and over clocked to 2560x1440 @ 80hz .... so far it's working however I'm not sure if it's really allowing 80hz or just frame doubling, will have to have a play with it for a while and test it out.

I really like that new 144hz IPS monitors that are out now... they're just so expensive $1,000 lol...... I hope that the come down in price slightly

5. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I have a 1440P Qnix OCed to 90hz and the difference from 60 to 90 is enough to make me really want a 120/144 display. Will have to wait for prices to come down on non-TN panels though.