1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

1906 Le Mans Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Ace Pumpkin, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I'm a great fan of the historic content in AC and stumbling around the YouTube archive I found something I want to share with you

Impressive shots of the infancy of motor racing.
    I love the fact you needed a knife for tyre changing :D
    Feel free to add more classic racing footage.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of Le Mans! LMP1 + GT3 multiclass. Sat June 3rd - 8PM EST May 23, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room busco servidores donde correr con coches tipo lemans, wec.. Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Le Mans 24 1971 Jan 27, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room VSR 24h of Le Mans - LMP2 (URD), GTE (URD) with Driver Swaps Mar 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4h Le Mans Jun 8, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC-PC] Virtual Le Mans Classic 2021 May 25, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans – Episode 1 Hockenheimring Feb 2, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of 1967 LeMans - 30th July 2020 Jul 19, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [ Assetto Corsa] Special Event-Virtual Le Mans Classic 2020 Jun 15, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room 12 h of Le Mans - LMP1, GTE (URD) with Driver swaps May 24, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Raced Lemans on Season mode. I was new on the track but opponents pit so bad I won anyway Mar 9, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event]Le Mans'66 -The Great Challenge Oct 29, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Sportsmanship is NOT to play around Oct 21, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Assetto Corsa [Championship Sport Prototypes 1970]24 Hours of Le Mans. Jun 25, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Assetto Corsa] Virtual Le Mans Classic Main Race . Jun 17, 2019

3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

There's historic then there's prehistoric lol... :)

4. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Fantastic, I love pre-war races...except for the video quality. So I'm happy that we have Goodwood and can see these cars ina proper race, with high resolution and the original sound:

vegaguy 5555, Ace Pumpkin and Quffy like this.
  5. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I love old content, either cars or tracks. Yesterday I made a start on the circuit for the 1966 grand prix of Singapore, the Thomson Road circuit. It looks brill, with a mile-long straight and a 'hump' half way along it where the cars used to take off :)

[​IMG]

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Here is an other gem of historic racing. A bit long though, but a good documentation imo

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

@Ace Pumpkin

Thanks it is very interesting, it is awesome that it really doesn't matter how deep into history it goes, it is still interesting, always a special time. I wonder how much grip was on that wooden road :D

@Fat-Alfie

Nice. Layout looks interesting, and I never knew that track, interesting. But what about DEUSCHLANDRING !!!???? It is so awesome, I wonder how good can you get it to look, as it is already A class entertainment to drive.

8. chakko

chakko Alien

"Motor racing is as old as the automotiv itself.". Dunno who said that, but it's so true. :) Historic motorsport has so much character too. Love the smoke too haha.

vegaguy 5555, Mogster and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  9. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

"The first automobile race happened as soon as the second car was built."

Speaking of historics, the full-day Goodwood Revival 2016 videos are finally up at YT now.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Goodwood is always a good watch. Looking for the races I missed that weekend. :)

aphidgod and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  11. chakko

chakko Alien

Yeah, that was it. :)

12. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Archival newsreel from the first Indy 500 in 1909 (I attended the 100th running this year).

13. chakko

chakko Alien

I checked the Indy 500 Wikipedia page not too long ago. It's funny to compare the average speeds from the first year it was run. The winner of the first event had a blazing average speed of 120 km/h. :p

vegaguy 5555 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  14. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Interesting little tidbit about that, the winner (Ray Harroun) decided his best strategy was to maintain a constant 75mph. While the car could go a bit faster than that, and his competitors were going faster, he knew the slower speed would save on tire wear. In those days tire changes were very lengthy because they had to be hammered off of the wheel and then a new tire seated back on. So by saving a pitstop or two he was able to be victorious even though he was cruising at a slightly slower speed than everyone else. He also opted to not have a mechanic ride with him (which was common at the time to help with repairs and be a spotter for approaching traffic) so he was carrying less weight which also saved on tire wear and led to the invention of the first ever rearview mirror (seen below). He also came out of retirement for this race, and then promptly retired again after winning it. (He's also buried in my hometown, Anderson Indiana).

MarmonWasp.JPG

15. chakko

chakko Alien

I will remember that next time someone talks about the boring influence of pit strategies and tire choice in modern F1 racing. :p

16. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

It was especially ironic when the 100th running was won on fuel savings strategy and many people moaned about it. I though it was rather fitting considering that's basically how the first one was won (just with tire saving instead of fuel saving).

vegaguy 5555, Ace Pumpkin and chakko like this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well this is a vid the thread was called for;)
    Thanks m8
    :)

BrandonW77 likes this.