1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic 2017 911 RSR

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alex21212121, Apr 5, 2017.

1. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

When it gets added, will it be free or will I need to buy one of the Porsche packs?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No force feedback on Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Mar 7, 2021
    Audio Bugs & Issues No engine sound from the ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017 cars May 1, 2018
    Console Lounge 911 gt3 cup 2017 tires bug Apr 25, 2018
    Bug reports Porsche 911 RSR 2017 - Wrong Color Nov 8, 2017
    Console Lounge porsche 911 rsr 2017 livery xbox one Jul 30, 2017
    Bug reports 2017 911 RSR Camber Setting rear right Jul 13, 2017
    Bug reports 2017 911 RSR camber settings Jul 2, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 2017 911 RSR was built just for me! May 29, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at NürburgringGP - 1:53.727 + Setup May 9, 2017
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues stuttering monza 911 rsr 2017 May 5, 2017
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa - Porsche 911 RSR 2017 @Monza - 1:45:479 + setup May 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 2017 911 GT3 set a Nordschleife lap time May 4, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at Silverstone - 2:00.226 + Setup Apr 30, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Rift and Vive Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Skins Apr 11, 2017
    Screens & Videos Porsche 911 RSR 2017 at Monza - 1:47.046 + Setup Mar 28, 2017

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

you need PP3 or the season pass

alex21212121 and Epistolarius like this.
  4. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

yep, it was a part of the 3rd porsche pack and that havent changed.

5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

On Steam, I see the 911 RSR included in PP III, but I thought the 911 RSR was released later than PP III. How did that work? Did Kunos release an update to the DLC?

On PS4, PP3 contains:

- Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017
    - Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016
    - Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016
    - Porsche 908 LH
    - Porsche 917 K
    - Porsche 911 R
    - Porsche 911 Turbo S

PS4 PP3 page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-dlc/cid=UP4040-CUSA01830_00-ASSETTOPORSCHE05

Hopefully it will just come as an update to the DLC.

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

If you bought PP3 or the season pass you will get the car (2017 RSR) for free when it is released.

bradleyland likes this.
  7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Kunos delayed the '17 RSR because they needed more tech data to build the physics. To fill the hole, they decided to include the 911 Turbo S.
    To answer your second question: the car itself will be included in one of the next console updates. If you have purchased the 3rd Porsche Pack, then It will be unlocked and you will be able to drive it.

PhenOm and bradleyland like this.
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I believe you will get all cars missing in this next update, think i saw stefano say that somewhere. will try to find it.

edit: here it is

ZX636 likes this.
  9. XR6T

XR6T Rookie

Great news ill have to get season pass if Kunos give us all that. :)

10. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Is the 911 RSR a real MidEngine Car or is it a RearMidEngine Car??? It confuses me because first Porsche said they will build a Rear Mid engine car by turn around the Motor , and a few months later they say it is a real Mid engine car. But a RearMidEngine and a MidEngine is not the same! So, is it really a MidEngine car???

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Any car where the majority of the engine is within the wheelbase (between both axles) is called mid-engined. A "rear mid-engine" layout is a subset of the mid-engine layout describing where the engine is (in front or behind the driver). Basically the 911 RSR has the same layout as for example the 911 GT1, transmission in the rear behind the engine and the majority of or entire engine pushed in front of the rear axle.

12. DonZmeuheu

Thanks for reply and for your explanation. This is really interesting, so then it's a MidEngine car like you said the 911 GT1, or the Carrera GT or Cayman etc. So maybe one time in the Future a 911 Carrera street car will have also a midengine. IMO this would be great. I know a lot of 911 fanboys will be upset when the engine in the Future maybe will be in the middle and not in the back but for the car it would be the Best solution

13. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Highly unlikely, the only reason its mid engined right now is the new ruleset is very optimized around rear aero which simply cant be utilized with a rear engined car. Wouldnt be the best solution for them to put it in the road car, it kills their USP of having four seats and the only rear engined car in class and of course heritage. Since those kinds of diffusers arent legal due to needing a bumper there isnt much benefit for Porsche, all they do is annoy their fans and that will 100% not be good for sales.

bradleyland and DonZmeuheu like this.
  14. DonZmeuheu

It wouldn't be the first time Porsche annoy's their customers. Think how all people sighing when they put turbo engines instead of their famous Saugmotor:) Although the 911 is a sportcar, and for a sportcar of course the Best solution is a MidEngine! I know the 911 is iconic but to make the 911 weight Balance better by put a lot of weight in the front to compensate for the Rear engine makes also no sense;)

15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Honestly doesnt have to be the best, thats not why it exists, people do buy things even if they arent the best, why do you think Aston Martin and Maserati are in business, both arent the best at anything let they sell a fair deal of cars. Its one thing to change your engine, its another thing to radically change the characteristics of the car by moving the engine.

Lots of people say that a 911 is really fun to drive, why do you think that is, its because its different, its not the norm so you find it more exciting by default. Why throw that away for slightly better laptimes. Theres a reason why that 911 is the best selling sports car and the best racing race car, its not a broken formula by any means.

Anyways theres no point discussing this further, dropping their rear engine would make them a lot more generic and they lose way more then the numbers they gain on paper not to mention it makes the higher end caymans a lot harder to justify

bradleyland likes this.
  16. bradleyland

Yeah, there is no way Porsche move to mid-engine in the 911. They've got way too much invested in the 911 brand, and 911 = rear-engine. All the racket we heard over "rear-mid engine" was just Porsche marketing influence over the messaging about the new 911 RSR. Porsche's marketing department are desperate to maintain any link they can between the 911 RSR and the 911 road car. GT racing, unlike LMP and Formula 1, are still identifiable as road cars by consumers. The fact that the 911 RSR uses a mid-engine layout was absolutely necessary, but from Porsche's perspective, it is not desirable.

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  17. DonZmeuheu

Never sayd a 911 is not fun to drive so please don't try to teach me. You also don't need to defend Porsche. I love Porsche!!! I have also no Problem when the 911 will forever have a Rear engine. The only thing I say is with a MidEngine everything works better. But don't write such Bad things bout Maserati and Aston. They have both a lot to offer and build really great cars. maybe you should try to drive in real live and not only on a sim then you would recognize that!!!

18. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Not defending Porsche, just defending the reason why they would keep their position on things and about Aston and Maserati I know it sounds very harsh and it is more or less true depending on what you consider best to be, what you look for in a car, a V12 is on paper ridiculous and barely has any advantage to a smaller displacement, in reality because we are humans and care about sounds and madness it still works, same with manual control instead of paddles.Going even further its the same with why Tesla has a lot of haters and why people fear AI driving their cars, best is very subjective and depends on the situation. Everything doesnt work better with mid engine, you have less space, this means two seats in the cabin, that means at least in the uk you cant trick your way into paying less for insurance, you get larger turning circles with mid engined cars, rear visibility is horrible(camera sort of solve this though), acceleration is best in class and as grip levels decrease(such as in rain, low temps, high altitude) having all the weight on the rear wheels is the best possible asset to have. Heres my point mid engined isnt some god tier, solve every problem scenario, god I had to a presentation on engine placement advantages and disadvantages merely two weeks ago in front of two hundred people most of which there rivalling formula student teams. Is mid engined the best overall package, yes. Is it best for Porsche, no.

Please dont take my harshness as attacking a company, I respect the work of many manufactures as well as your opinion but in our current climate and in the current way that humans work here is no best solution to engine placement, we are all to subjective for that and in a racing environment it doesnt even matter because it all gets balance in the end in our current popular GT cars(apart from the WEC because no one knows what they are doing there).

bradleyland and alex21212121 like this.
  19. DonZmeuheu

Like I sayd, maybe you should drive in real live such a car like a Maserati or an Aston Martin and then you wouldn't write such a ****ty comentary. And your whole book you have written above is ridiculous! Porsche 919 is a MidEngine! Cayman is a MidEngine. carrera GT was a MidEngine. 919 Spyder is a midengine and so on and so on. So of course is a MidEngine in any way for a Porsche the Best solution!!! I have no Problem that you like a Rear engine so much but don't write such half truths you act really absurd.

20. DonZmeuheu

Haha I have seen you are only 19 years old, now makes anything sense. ;)

21. bradleyland

Well Don, I'm 40 years old, and if someone were to ask me which person in this conversation were being immature, it wouldn't be the 19 year old :rolleyes: If you ask me, he's got some pretty finely tuned and nuanced views on the subject. Especially considering most people his age can't get past numbers like peak HP and 0-60 times.

Maybe just take a chill pill and stop being so defensive. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.