1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 A 1.47 GB patch is live for download...

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by @P73, Sep 12, 2017.

1. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Cant say without video if it is your fault or AI's. They sure make mistakes (happened to me) but those are very isolated.

2. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Are you referring to the classic police PIT maneuver? If so then yes and it seems to happen to me more at Imola.

Lewisxbone likes this.
  3. Photonmonkey

Photonmonkey Racer

Oh God, how did I miss that! My only excuse it was really late

4. If the aggression values are the same as on PC, which they should be:
    Zero percent aggression is default; at this setting they will still pass, but are extremely cautious/careful about it. At one hundred percent aggression they will attempt to overtake anytime they are even close to being able to make a move, even when it makes no sense to do so. The overall speed of the AI will usually actually be slower at high aggression levels simply because the ai are more prone to try to pass than to run a correct racing line. At higher aggression levels the ai will also generally make more mistakes.

Photonmonkey likes this.
  5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Would you say there is sweet spot with the aggression value @ Michael Hornbuckle?

So gutted to be working away this week :(

6. Yes and no. Every AI combo is different along with the player's skill level. Some tracks (cough Nords cough) give the ai fits in just about every car, no matter the ai or strength setting. Some cars they simply can't drive for ****; mainly older, slower cars that need to be hustled (slid) around to be quick.

If there is a car/track combo that I particularly like I will test different strength settings (with zero aggression) until I can get them dialed in to where they are running the same relative laptimes as me. If I am setting up a track day scenario (long practice session on a race weekend) I will set the aggression somewhat low, say 20% or so, that way they will still overtake but will generally be very polite about it. (which is what you would expect out of an open trackday)
    For races I generally set it anywhere from 50%-80%.

My two biggest complaints about the ai currently (aside from them ranging from not being able to competitively drive some cars to being insanely fast in others) are this:
    I hate the way they weave around on the race start, and I hate that you can divebomb them going into a turn and they will literally (somehow) move up out of the groove mid-corner. No human would ever do that.

7. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul Hardcore Simmer

Something I have been asking for some launch seems to have sneaked into v1.15 without mention. After a race you now get the gaps among drivers and not just the PB lap of each driver during the race.

Should have been there all along but it is nice to see it be added. Good stuff!

PS_Messages_20170914_234316.jpg
    Just need to get the ability to display the timing tower and tyre info simultaneously on the HUD and have a numerical value for litres of fuel remaining added too.

pippo10, nate and SlimCharles like this.
  8. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

What did I tell you. Both toyotas were DNF. Assetto is very realistic, indeed.

PD: Sorry, I cant help it :p

9. Scuderia Paul

:D They both got wiped out by the GTE traffic. It led to my win but part of me was disappointed. I had revenge on the Silverstone event though.

You're right it's too realistic. It's probably a good thing we don't have Le Mans as I would probably have a mental breakdown if that went wrong.

SlimCharles likes this.
  10. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Gaps among drivers has always been there as far as I know. At first it will show PB then as each car crosses the finish line it flips and starts to show gaps. If I finished way ahead I'll just skip it and hit quit instead of sitting there at the end of a race waiting to see what my margin of victory was.

11. Scuderia Paul

In post #107 above I mentioned how I noticed that after a race we now see the gaps between cars. Tonight after finishing the Audi TT Cup Special Event at Zandvoort I waited to see the gaps but they never changed and I watched it for 2 minutes anyway. Seems odd. Perhaps it is something that needs looking into.

By the way, the TT Cup is a fabulous little car which you can really throw around.

paul_wev likes this.