1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A simple question about releases

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Patcha, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Is it true, like they told me, that Kunos will not release new features and new contents together in any beta release?

As to say: if they include new cars and / or new tracks, they'll not include new features (multiplayer, damages and so on), and viceversa?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Needle in a Haystack, just a simple question. Jan 26, 2019
    ACC Gameplay A simple question Jan 17, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Simple question, do/can python apps run on the oculus rift ? Mar 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room I have a simple couple of questions regarding multiplayer rules. Jul 7, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes 2 simple questions Mar 28, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple settings in-game for crisp image? Feb 6, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Simple BestSetting VR for G2 3080ti 90fps Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Andy Host Can't configure a simple server Aug 10, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room ACC League Management Website - Simple, Easy to use and Free! May 19, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Assetto Corsa Competizione / Server Creation Tool / Guide / Simple and Easy Setup Oct 5, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Seems like there are many simple fixes to improve the VR experience that Kunos could be making Mar 10, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality Game won't start with Pimax5k+ [Simple Fix] Apr 13, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request - Simple Sector/Lap Times Nov 25, 2018
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC Support for EDTracker... it's really simple to implement :) Oct 1, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Are non visible AI on simpler physics? Sep 29, 2018

3. Is that important in any way?

4. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Sure.
    First, if it wasn't important for me, I wouldn't ask. :)
    Second, if it's true, so we can't expect multiplaye or damages this week, 'cause they already introduced Huayra.

5. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Hmmm, if you´re right about this, I wouldn´t mind driving the Huayra, even if we don ´t get *insert personal wishlist here* .
    Doesn´t really look like a huge tradeoff, at least to me, plus it´d give the gents of Kunos more time to fiddle with the game which in the end will benefit not only us but KS as well.

6. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Anyway, I'm not criticizing Kunos in any way.
    I just wanna get that info to know what I can expect, and what I can't, from updates.

7. OffAgain

OffAgain Simracer

@Patcha

I suspect the reality of it is they'll release stuff in such a manner as to make sure something comes out every other Friday. This may well end up translating into "functionality or content" simply because by controlling the release rate of content they make it easier to guarantee something of note in every release.

Darren Blythe and Patcha like this.
  8. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

Yup. In case I guess the same.
    But I just wanted to know for sure if it's true or not.

Anyway, there could be still few releases before 1.0 comes (if they keep numbering new releases as +0.1 or even +0.05).
    I hope we'll have time to betatest very well every feature before they go gold. ;)

9. Schuberth

Schuberth Racer

i dont care about getting anymore contents at this time really. (unless its a Ferrari F2008 or any new generation F1 cars) what i do mind is getting MP and actually using the content i now have. because without MP i am not using them anyway.

and i hope MP will have a good base.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  10. Turk

Turk Alien

I guess it depends how how much work they have left to do. I'm sure they want to have content (either car, track or multiplayer) for every update however we don't have an awful lot of content left to go. We have to remember the core of the game is being made as well and those important updates have to come with or without the obvious content like cars and tracks.

To be honest it's gotten to the stage where there's too many cars for me to get through, with trying to beat achievements, hotlap times and challenges set on this forum I don't have enough time for it all. I'm in no rush for new content, I'll take it as it comes but I don't get to play it as often as others might.

11. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah i think the reasoning behind this is...

If they release a new car, or new track for that matter along with MP and the sim starts to crash for many folks.
    Then... is it the track that caused the crash, or is it the car.

Maybe it was the car/track combo, or maybe it was just MP itself.
    Whereas if they release say one new track alone and the sim crashes, then i think it's safe to say that it's possibly the track to blame.
    So much easier to narrow things down.

12. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Sure most of us were seeing the italian interview and friendly users translated it: MP maybe in mid march. Nobody said it will be for sure.
    But to be honest: All are "screaming" for MP, but when its buggy it would hurt Kunos more then help them.
    Marco stated this already in many interviews.
    in Reality i expect more fixes (which i like to see really), more AI Optimisation, new car and new function like race weekend.
    If MP wont come now, i wouldnt be sad as i know they are working on it and make it better. I trust Kunos a lot compared to other companies IMO

Edit: Oh and thats why i love Kunos:
    [​IMG]

Direct connection to member/players.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  13. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

A quick look at your update log will show that this isn't the case, there's features and content more often than just one or the other. ;)

Something big like MP may get a release of it's own like the Christmas AI for all cars release did, who knows?

Patcha likes this.
  14. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

@Shaddix

I also prefer to have multiplayer only when it's ready.
    The topic of the thread is not about moaning for having or not multiplayer soon. ;)

It's just a generic question to know if it's true, like I heard, that features and contents aren't released together.

Shaddix likes this.
  15. Haven't we had features added in just about every build? And I think there has only been one build without any new content.....not sure where you heard it has to be one or the other

16. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

MP will be delayed because me and Aris are still battling. :D

(disclaimer for whiners: it's a joke guys! Smile!)

17. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

Yeahhaaaaa :D
    for the kunos team:
    [​IMG]

baliwa, Patcha and AC Support like this.
  18. Patcha

Patcha Hardcore Simmer

If I was a Kunos, I would be scared of you! :D

Shaddix likes this.
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

So going by the disclaimer we can say officialy it hasnt been delayed ;)

Still end of March would be the update after this I think. Must be hard making such a cool sim and not being able to just race eachother all day instead having to work more while everyone else has all the fun.