1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AC rear camera

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Morv, May 12, 2014.

1. Morv

Morv Gamer

Hello I would like to suggest to make rear camera free like in this movie:

Pls add option to do that. Standard camera sux for me.

DavidD1, Filippo94 and mesa like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Interior rear camera screen always off [Mirrors disabled] Sep 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions McLaren 720S rear view camera Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Sun creates glare/bloom from digital display camera rear view mirror Mar 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to turn off the rearview dash camera? Aug 27, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues 488 GT3 rear-view monitor / camera behaving like a mirror May 20, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Replay - Rear View Camera Jul 22, 2016
    General modding discussion Editing rearview/"glance back" camera placement Feb 24, 2016
    General modding discussion How to change rear view camera position? Mar 5, 2015
    General modding discussion Rear camera Feb 20, 2015
    General modding discussion In screen LCD mod as a rearview camera? May 22, 2014
    Suggestions A rear view camera for Seperate screens Jan 31, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds "Front of the car" rear camera view Dec 18, 2013
    ACC Physics Maserati MC20 GT2 loss of (rear) grip Feb 28, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Como crear servidor, con varias clasificaciones y carreras Oct 9, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Porsche GT3 992 Rear View Monitor Jul 9, 2023

3. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

This is not meant as a flame or anything derogatory but, You realise this is a SIM and should be used in cockpit view?

It's not a SIMCADE.

4. Infectonator

Infectonator Racer

This aint no NFS.

While the LFS cam shows smooth car movements it does not transmits the "feel" of the car, thus the actual rear cam seems more accurate.

5. Morv

Morv Gamer

So? I play simulators for about 10 years or more and i like to use rear view camera sometimes mainly in drifts.

6. Morv

Morv Gamer

So Kunos Team. UYou even consider to add in future thing like this "free" rear view camera?

Of course I know that you have more important things to do.

7. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

The actual rear cam is sucks. That is not accurate but feels like video games from the 80s.

The LFS or RBR rear cam is much better because the camera angle is always follows the road, and never turns with the angle of the car!
    Not a hard job to do that modification but the Assetto Corsa should be more popular
    I agree with Morv.

Please Kunos, do that simple modification to make a better game.
    Grazie Mille

8. TCLF

TCLF Alien

untrue. it points in the direction the car is going, not where the nose is pointing. It doesn't follow the road

9. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Also a simple note to all:

It may be a racing simulator, but that doesn't restrict people to using the cockpit view. some people can't afford a expensive racing wheel and thus are driving with different controllers. Those people tend to use different camera angles as well. If you want to be restricted to cockpit view only, play iracing or something.

10. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

Can't you understand what i'm talking about? In AC the camera always turn with the car, in any movements.
    Who talking about racing with rear cam view? We aren't. We are talking about making videos which looks more real. That's all.

11. Dori

Dori Hardcore Simmer

I was just about to make a thread suggesting this view, but I personally want it for replays. I like a camera that looks like it's a car following behind. It would be nice to be able to adjust the height and distance of the camera behind the car too.

Another nice touch would be to have the camera not at a locked distance behind the car, so it's possible for the car to pull away slightly from the camera depending on how hard the car accelerates and get closer under braking, as if the camera was mounted to a car following behind.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  12. Morv

Morv Gamer

Any mods to change that stupid rear view camera?

13. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Very easy....

Assetto Corsa Launcher_2014-09-16_21-10-38.png

Assetto Corsa_2014-09-16_21-02-51.png

Assetto Corsa_2014-09-16_21-02-32.png

Assetto Corsa Launcher_2014-09-16_21-01-51.png
    This give you some braking g-forces... like most games have..

dauntless, DaVeX↯ and mesa like this.
  14. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

3x3x3 is the worst of all.
    Which is the default? (I don't remember)

15. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

I think... 1x1x1

16. mesa

mesa Hardcore Simmer

Thanks. I'll check it and try 0x0x1. Camera also should a bit far frow the car, but i think it requires a major update by the developers

17. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

I've looked at all the configs and none allow you to change the height.. Hopefully KS adds the ability to change these views just like the cockpit.

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I would like the rear view to have a wider FOV. I use the rear view quite a lot to determine where people are at race starts and whilst overtaking etc. At the moment, the FOV is too narrow for me.

mesa likes this.
  19. MaRcIu

MaRcIu Gamer

I was about to making a new thread and this came up so I want to say we need a rear camera just like project cars. sorry to talk about another game but it's the perfect example. you can "feel" everything while on rear camera as bumps, catching corners, the suspension feel is amazing and AC rear camera is so fixed that looks ridiculous.
    The selling point that AC will require (about rear camera) while moving to PS4/XBOX is the exaust sound you hear. (it's amazing on Project CARS) PLease Kunos make our rear camera more alive!

20. Morv

Morv Gamer

Seriously after 2 years no changes in worst exterior view in racing games ever? How they want to sell that game in console market... Pls Kunos make better rear view camera.

Maybe I can get any mods to change that after 2 years?