1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Cockpit View Movement Tool

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by WallyM, Apr 5, 2020.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I've written a little tool that lets you set cockpit view movement settings (e.g. lock to horizon, movement and dashcam factor), PER TRACK.

[​IMG]

You generally want Lock To Horizon to be fairly large, to more closely mimic what your visual system does to keep your view stable. But ACC doesn't handle this well for hilly tracks like Mount Panorama, Brands Hatch etc, where a large Lock To Horizon leaves you looking at your dashboard or the ceiling half the time. On hilly tracks, you want a smaller Lock To Horizon.

Also, on quite bumpy tracks, you might want to set Movement to a low value.

This tool lets you save and restore those settings independently for each track.

To use the tool
    You probably already have a preferred view setting set up in your game. Run the ACC View Tool, and click the "Load View Settings from Game" button. This will load your game's view settings into the tool. Then I would pick each track from the list in the tool, and click "Save Track Settings", one by one. This will give you default view settings for each track. You only have to do this once.

Then you can go and drive at a hilly track like Mount Panorama, and adjust your view settings to whatever you like for a hilly track. Quit the ACC session. Then go back to the tool, select the Mount Panorama track, and click the "Load View Settings from Game" button, then click "Save Track Settings". This will remember your settings for that track. You can repeat this for whatever track you like, or if you already know your preferred "hilly track" settings, just got an enter them for the hilly tracks, clicking "Save Track Settings" for each track you change.

Then, whenever you want to practice or race at a track, run the view tool, pick your track, and click "Save View Settings to Game", and go and drive with the correct view settings.

You can do this any time while you're in the ACC launcher, just so long as you do it before you go and drive. You can have both programs running at the same time.

Download link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZtRIwSyKqwgM6Oq9nDVEWp-URxUal5xA

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020

2. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Love your work Wally.

WallyM likes this.
  3. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

Nice stuff :),
    What does dash cam factor changes? I still don’t know after all this time XD

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  5. Coanda

Coanda Alien

For those struggling with too much movement on tracks like Spa or Brands I use dash cam view with 14% for LTH, Movement & DC Factor which seems to be pretty good..

Maciej Malinowski likes this.
  6. Maciej Malinowski

Maciej Malinowski Hardcore Simmer

7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

8. Iketani

Iketani Simracer

It would be great a tool for editing the replay cameras... Could you do that?:eek:

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Thanks - fixed cut & paste error.

sherpa25 likes this.
  10. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Lock To Horizon - 0% keeps the car still, while the track bounces around (camera fixed to car). 100% keeps the track still, while the car bounces around.
    Movement - only seems to affect pitching of the viewpoint forwards and backwards, under braking and acceleration. This does not seem to affect the amount of vertical car or horizon movement. 0% = no view pitching, 100% = max view pitching.
    Dashcam factor is a further % of the Movement, for dashcam view only.

Why doesn't Movement scale the amount the car bounces around? Don't know.
    Why is there a separate dashcam view that needs its own dashcam factor? Don't know.
    Will magicfr make a Real Head Motion for ACC? Don't know.

11. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Wallym - Thanks so much for this software tool!!!

WallyM likes this.
  12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

I don't think so.

13. RoccoRacing

RoccoRacing Rookie

I assume it does not work with helmet camera ? I want to get rid or lower the movement of the head.

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

All it does is set Lock To Horizon, Movement and Dashcam Factor to whatever you have set for each track. It won't magically lower the head movement, or anything like that. But if you find some combination of those settings that works for you in helmet view, you can use this tool to remember those settings from track to track.

15. naish

naish Rookie

Never knew that you have to set this per track. That's why, when try a new track, I get litte bit sick. :)

16. WallyM

WallyM Alien

17. This would be great with a per car setting too, especially for seating position! The wind screen and hood height is quite different from car to car. Good job.