1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Driver Ranking Tool (Hotlaps)

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by coderMaff, Dec 18, 2021.

1. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Hi all, inspired by this thread - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/how-do-i-accept-that-im-crap.70142/ and being one of the aforementioned "crap drivers" I thought I'd knock up a quick app to show me my progress versus the RCI Pace Chart thats mentioned there.

https://kardiak.co.uk/downloads.php

Its very much a beta, but if anyone fancies giving it a bash and supplying some feedback knock yourselves out.

Extract the zip somewhere, run the App, launch ACC and off you go. Rankings are saved on exit ready for the next try.

Please note the lap times for the tracks not listed on the RCI graphic are nonsense, any suggestions for appropriate times for Pro/Silver/Am/Rookie would be apreciated.

Cheers,

Maff

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC on PS5 - Driver swap seems to be forced even though disabled in the settings Jan 28, 2023
    ACC Tools PitSync - The FREE livery sharing platform for ACC Leagues and Drivers Nov 23, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 1.8 Access Detailed Driver Stats Like PC on XBOX PlayStation Oct 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting help needed acc will not start after game/ NVidia driver update Mar 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC CTD during online racing [Fanatec driver memory leak] Feb 3, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fatal Error when booting ACC [audio driver misconfiguration] Jan 14, 2022
    ACC General Discussions Better Driver Rating System for ACC [Seriously, stop] Nov 23, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions New Nvidia Driver add DLSS to ACC Nov 16, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Over30Clan ACC Racing Series looking for drivers. Mar 1, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room FPR - ACC League Racing -[PC] Sundays 19:00GMT NOVICE DRIVERS ENCOURAGED. Feb 27, 2021
    ACC Tools Public stats on ACC drivers/members and races? Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC keeps crashing because D3D removed??? [GPU driver hang/crash] Jan 5, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC Crash (nvwgf2umx.dll module) [GPU driver crash] Nov 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server issue - ==Err Rejected Driver 0/1 Track Medals Nov 15, 2020

3. Festa_PWR

Festa_PWR Alien

Off topic i know, sorry . . .

Looking through your list of apps, i saw Skidmarks car editor and oh, my, god. I loved that game and nearly forgot it existed!

4. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Hah! Yeah was awesome fun. Cut my teath programming stuff for the Amiga, great machine, glad racing against others has moved on from Lotus Esprit Turbo challenge or Stunt Car Racer and a null modem cable!

Festa_PWR likes this.
  5. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Few updates and some screenshots.

Main:
    [​IMG]
    Show's what you've defined as the Pro/Silver/Am/Rookie times, where you rank, what your time was, in which car and what rating you get based on those times.

[​IMG]
    Setup/Conffig options, you can either go for fastest laps or do an RCI style average of X laps.

[​IMG]
    Ingame overlay top right, your fastest time & splits, left hand Green indicator turns red if you invalidate your lap, right hand Red indicator shows thats an Am time.

[​IMG]
    Time editor where you can configure your times, (the files are saved to my documents so you can share them with your mates) the ones above come from the RCI race pace chart, but I've been unable to get anyone from RCI to answer if iI'm ok to distribute their data, so for now you'll have to convert the times on the graphic to milliseconds, or create your own set for your league.

[​IMG]
    A lap chart for your whole ACC session, some faked data above (I am that slow but I'm not that consistent!).

[​IMG]
    Times can be exported to JSON for backup.

[​IMG]
    Or to HTML to brag :)

[​IMG]
    And a debug overlay for nerds that are into that stuff.

It's still a little buggy, so anyone who fancies doing a bit of testing can report stuff here or message me.

Oh and I've fixed the download linked above, while firefox was happy with people visiting an https site but the download coming from an http (non secure of the same site) chrome and edge rightly had a fit. So ireset the download counter as mostly it was probably folks failing to geta download, sorry about that.

Pictured above is version 0.0.1.0, whereas the download version is 0.0.0.9 at the moment, so it's missing the RCI style Avergae of X laps and the Lap Chart, I hope to get some testing on that done this weeks so it's ready to upload.

Cheers,

Maff

Dewald Nel likes this.
  6. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Small update, lots of fixes, v0.0.1.0 released.

Larger update, v0.0.1.1 - Added a Live Brake Trainer, a review of each braking phase that lasts on the screen until the next one occurs.

You can see below the new Best Lap Graphics:
    Yellow 1 - 1 lap to go to complete average best lap time.
    Green Background - On a valid lap.
    Yellow Background - Current rank : Rookie
    White Time - Fastest Average Time.

White - 100% brake pressure was acheived.
    Green/Red - ABS was triggered.
    Purple - The car coasted for 664ms mid corner before the throttle was reapplied.
    Peach - 0% Steeting angle was on when the brakes were initialy appled.
    Yellow - Speed a brake application was 240km/h
    Blue - Throttle was 100% on initial brake application.
    [​IMG]
    And yes the times and brake performance are crap, it's easier to debug the code driving with a pad rather than program sitting in a sim rig.

Still in Beta, anyone want to do some beta testing, give me a shout.

https://kardiak.co.uk/downloads.php

Cheers,

Maff

Dewald Nel, Want2BFast and chksix like this.
  7. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

I’m trying to improve my driving (which is rookie level at best) and that in game overlay showing the best lap with the added data would be a fantastic standalone widget. I can compare to RCI’s lap table manually and don’t need an app for that (though I can understand that some want that), but the best lap thingy would be wonderful on its own. Not sure how practical that is to make or whether you have time and interest to do so, but I would test it if you do.

8. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Afternoon, you dont have to have all the RCI or any other lap data in there. If you start the program, set Barcelona - Column P(pro) to something silly like 80000ms, click "Calculate Missing Values" and save. You can then ignore all the target times and it will happily just keep a log of your best times (1 fast lap or an average of how ever many laps you like) and show you the overlay with your fast lap (or average) and the braking data from the most recent braking event. Let me know how you get on.

Maff

9. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Hi, Can you make the app display the time in minutes and seconds? I get ms as unit in lap time views and it's a bit confusing. I used lap times from Simsource and entered them as milliseconds.
    Safe to say I remain solidly in the noob category LOL

10. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Do you mean Time Editor while you're setting things up? Screenshot the bit you mean, usually the easiest way :) If you do then yes probably, the .net grids are a bit crap by default but should be able to make it a bit more friendly.

On that subject if someone has set up a bunch of target times, they are stored in "My Documents" as "ACCDriverTargets.json" so you can share them with other people.

chksix likes this.
  11. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Here's my times from Brands compaired with the Simsource time as an example. I'd like to see the laptime as 1:38,638 instead of 1,586383
    Skärmbild 2022-01-14 130446.jpg
    The laptimes in track order as I entered them in the Time Editor

12. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Ooops! I think its a globalization thing, where Brits use "," for a thousands seperator and most of Europe uses "."

I'm guessing from the attachment name you're Sweedish and the time translation goes wrong when Windows is not set to English.

I'll stick a VM in Sweedish and do some testing this evening after work.

Mine looks like this:
    upload_2022-1-14_12-43-37.png

Tack!

13. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

Tackar! The bugfix worked. Unfortunately I'm still a snail LOL

14. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Great stuff. You're still faster than me :)

New release live 0.0.1.2 - Globalization / Time display issues in countries that use "," as decimals seperator now fixed.

chksix likes this.
  15. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Hey there, I did some testing. Interesting app, I like it.

I’m Getting virus warnings with the latest version that I didn’t with the previous. Anything I should know?

In addition, you allow exporting of some JSON files but how does one import? Simply remove the _exported part in the file name?

The log showed that the app registered my best lap, but the UI panel on the right that shows rookie time, Vehicle, etc, gave a time from a best lap earlier in the stint.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  16. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Morning, that's good to hear.

Can't think what's causing the virus warnings. I've tried running the latest Windows Defender over it and get no warnings here, I've also tried ESet on my work pc and that returns it as clean. The only change between 0.0.1.1 and 0.0.1.2 was to the code that works out Minutes/Seconds/Thousandths from Milliseconds. I'll paste it here, incase any other devs have a clue/want to tease me about my code :)

Code:
        private string fnMilliToTime(int pMilliseconds, bool pfPrefix = true, bool pfDebug = false) {    

float viSeconds = (float)pMilliseconds / 1000;
          float viMinutes = viSeconds / 60;
          string vResult = "";
          CultureInfo vProvider = new CultureInfo("en-GB");    
          string vFormat = "F2";

if (pfDebug) {
            fnLog("FnMilliToTime() Milli " + pMilliseconds.ToString());
            fnLog("FnMilliToTime() Seconds " + viSeconds.ToString());
            fnLog("FnMilliToTime() Minutes " + viMinutes.ToString());
            fnLog("FnMilliToTime() FSeconds " + viSeconds.ToString(vFormat, vProvider));
            fnLog("FnMilliToTime() FMinutes " + viMinutes.ToString(vFormat, vProvider));
          }

if ((pfPrefix) || (Math.Floor(viMinutes) > 0)) {
            vResult = viMinutes.ToString(vFormat,vProvider).Split('.')[0] + ":";
          }

try {      
            vResult += (Convert.ToInt16(viSeconds.ToString("F2", vProvider).Split('.')[0]) % 60).ToString("D2",vProvider);
            vResult += "." + viSeconds.ToString("N3",vProvider).Split('.')[1];
          }
          catch(Exception e) {
            fnLog("Fail : fnMilliToTime() : " + e.ToString());
          }

return vResult;
        }
    What Antivirus are you using? It's probably a false positive from the heuristics.

For paece of mind the only file access the app should perform is to:
    $INSTALL DIRECTORY$\logfile.txt
    $INSTALL DIRECTORY$\targets.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverTargets.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking_Exported.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking.html
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverTargets_Exported.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart_Exported.json
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart.html
    $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart_*DATETIME*.json

And the only Registry access is to:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACCDriverRanking

Finally the only internet access call it makes is (when you press the check for updates button):
    https://kardiak.co.uk/update.php?download=34

So yup, there's no Import as such, the Export is more of a "Back this up incase the app does something stupid and looses all my lap times". And yes the format is exactly the same as the $MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking.json file, you just take _Exported off the end to swap back to that backup.

A brief explanation of the files is:

$INSTALL DIRECTORY$\logfile.txt
    Logging the program creates to help me with debugging if an issue occurs.

$INSTALL DIRECTORY$\targets.json
    Initial targets distributed with the program, 0 times at the moment, was going to be the RCI targets but I cant get anyone at RCI to answer if I'm allowed to distribute their data, hopefully one day this app will have generated enough data users can agree on our own set of targets.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking.json
    This is your fastest lap times, the file layout is the same as the tagets and contains the targets too, was just easier to write it likle this. If you drop in a new tagets file, it will import them into this file on start up.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverTargets.json
    This is your target lap times saved from the Time Editor page.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking_Exported.json
    As noted above, a backup of your record times. Created by pressing the "Backup User Lap Times as JSON" button.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverRanking.html
    Simple HTML document for sharing your best times.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCDriverTargets_Exported.json
    Another backup, this time of the target times.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart_Exported.json
    A manual export of the lap chart.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart.html
    Lap chart in HTML.

$MY DOCUMENTS$\ACCLapChart_*DATETIME*.json
    Lap chart created at the end of each session, with Todays Date and Time, this one probably needs an option to turn it off because there's going to be quite a few after a fairly short amount of time.

Hope that's helpful.

Anyone have any thoughts on the "Brake Trainer"? I threw it in to help me try and understand where I lose time, but without anything to compare it to...

If anyone has the time to Youtube/Twitch some video's with the brake trainer running I'd be interested to see the results.

Cheers,

Maff

17. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Oops, missed a bit. It's possible it missing your best time was a bug or its possible it was set to only do valid laps and you went wide? Maybe even set to do average of multiple laps? Hard to tell. If you stick the logging into verbose and have some more runs then if it does it again link me the log file and I'll see if I can work it out.

Cheers,

Maff

18. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

That's a great detailed reply, thank you for the file information.

I use Malwarebytes for malware protection. You're right, it's heuristics that triggered it, because it was not specifying a virus, rather saying this app may do suspicious things and should be checked out. So I checked their support forum and they make recommendations to developers on this page in the the false positives section near the bottom:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/238670-machinelearninganomalous-detections-and-explanation/

I'm not asking you to do anything, just giving you info if you are interested.

I tried the brake trainer - it's what I really want the app for anyway. Couple of thoughts:

1. There is no way to move it at all on the screen is there? I'd like to shift it slightly because it blocks some game UI elements that I like to see.

2. I'm not sure how to read the coast info - it's in milliseconds, I get that, but on some corners I am getting 8000 ms which seems to me really unlikely that I am entirely off throttle for 8 seconds. What am I missing here?

19. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

Thanks, I had a quick read, the binary isn't signed - that's why Malwarebytes is upset, I may have a play resolving that in furture. On to the fun stuff:

1)Not yet, I'll have a go at some positioning config, at the very least I can make the Brake Trainer sit at the top if the Best Lap overlay is off.

2)You've found a bug. I had a quick play to reproduce and duplicated it. In the code the logic I used was that the Coast Event begins at point that the brakes were on and they're now off and ends at the point that throttle is now on but was off. However, if you use the brakes to steady the car mid corner without ever fully coming off throttle, it starts a Coast Event but doesnt end it until the next time you change throttle. You can reproduce it by tapping the brakes on a straight while at 100% throttle count to five then release and reapply the throttle and you get an elongated and incorrect Coast Event time. I'll have a go at changing the start logic for a coast event to when brake and throttle are both 0% but on the previous update one of them was more than 0. See how it goes.

chksix and Want2BFast like this.
  20. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Great, sounds like my report was of use. When you update the app for the coasting behaviour if you let us know here, I’ll have another go. Going to continue to use it as I like it anyway.

Question about Steering angle: does it factor in the different steering ratios one may change in setup? I’m using the Huracan GT3 and doing laps around Brands and mostly the angle reported is 0, less often 1, and almost never 2 degrees. It would seem to me that I am turning the wheel more than that for many of the sharper corners. Am I misunderstanding what the number means?

21. coderMaff

coderMaff Gamer

The steering angle is the angle the wheel was at when you first applied the brakes, its trying to teach you to keep the wheel straight during that intial hard part of braking. Which if you're getting 0 or 1 sounds like you've got nailed. The "Brake Trainer" widget is all about braking. The plan is to build up a selection of different widgets, so maybe a Throttle Trainer Widget monitoring TC events, non linear or spiky throttle progression, etc... or maybe a Fuel Trainer widget that monitors pedal crossover and lift and coast times etc etc...

Want2BFast and chksix like this.