1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Release 0.3 discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by th3o, Nov 4, 2018.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

The circuit has been used as a test track.
    From Wikipedia:

Its flexibility and mild winter weather mean that it is used for testing by several motorsport teams, including Formula One teams.

The track is known for its distinctive black and blue run-off areas known as the Blue Zone. The runoff surface consists of a mixture of asphalt and tungsten, used instead of gravel traps, as common at other circuits.[8] A second, deeper run-off area is the Red Zone, with a more abrasive surface designed to maximize tyre grip and hence minimize braking distance, although at the cost of extreme tyre wear.

2. trutya

trutya Simracer

and the owner you want to shoot is Bernie Ecclestone.... or at least he was :)

3. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

I wonder if pitstops will already be animated. :cool:

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

More excited about BMW than Paul Richard, simply beacuse i've used it in AC's days and now it's no more something new.
    Of course the kunos version will be a big step above the mod version, but still, i'm more curious about the total new bmw.

What i really hope from this build is a step forward about hardware's optimization, finger crossed...

5. Turk

Turk Alien

Me too, especially since I splurged on a 8086k. If there isn't a massive improvement I'll probably cry. :D

Didn't really notice anything wrong with V0.2, I could get an acceptable frame rate with my i72600k/1070. It didn't look pretty, the HUD wasn't optimised, but I kind of expected that kind of stuff. Basics worked well.

6. henkjansmits

henkjansmits Simracer

I quite like Paul Ricard, there are some satisfying corners on the "large layout" (i find the smaller one frustrating). Only the corner just before the (long) back straight is very difficult for me to get right and hence very costly. Also pity its flat. I mainly look forward to the multiplayer, some good T1 pileups (i mean "close and fair racing") and hopefully a bit more AC like handling / FFB (that might not happen :) ).

7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

8. Skybird

Skybird Alien

I logged some twenty laps on Paul Ricard in Raceroom recently, to fresh up my memory for the track layout. I still find it to be an extremely unpleasurable track to drive on. Nevertheless the artistic representation of it in ACC I expect to be of good craftsmanship by the track designers. My focus however this time is not the track, as usual, but the car. I like to see the BMW and hope for improvements in AI. Maybe dynamic weather already? I forgot the details of their published timetable.

If I recall it correctly, Hungaroring and Zolder come next. Those will be driven on a lot. :) I like them.

GRFOCO and th3o like this.
  9. trutya

trutya Simracer

i like the handling as it's now, but the collisions should be improved a bit.
    also i'm waiting for a "save" option during the race weekend and the race itself, it's okay if we could save only during pit stops, not everytime... bit more realistic and i don't forget where i was on the track when i saved :D a "time acceleration" option would be nice aswell.
    also would be nice if we could switch drivers in offline mode too like in GTR2, i like that a lot, i could have a shower, or eat something while the AI had his stint :D

also hope in the final version my name will appear on the LED screen (which shows now 000)

and yes, Hungaroring and Ferrari will be great, i'm waiting for december already :) also the Jag in january.

Son likes this.
  10. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I raced the AC's Paul Ricard mod online, numerous times, and I have to say it's a good track for racing.
    A few spots for overtaking, some straights good for slipstream... It's a fun track in multiplayer

Ischemica, mESCx and anthony galmiche like this.
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Gamer

12. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

yes definitely looking forward to Basic multiplayer , really have passed the stage of playing AI . Am sure multiplayer will be packed .....with long queues of people waiting to get in like a night club.

Still a long road to go so expectations are low(hopefully up to 10 in a server) . Still so glad my pc could run acc with AI , rain and night ....in VR ,so everything is a bonus.

Ricky Reject likes this.
  13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

[​IMG]
    9 days!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  14. tabis

tabis Simracer

@trutya
    You can switch the drivers.
    Just press shift + left/right on the keyboard

15. trutya

trutya Simracer

i mean in MY car :) during a pit stop ;)

tabis likes this.
  16. Fernandito

Fernandito Racer

Couldn't care less about the bmw- I'm officially Lambo converted after acc 0.2 . I have just come from another race at Misano running on a kinda not revolutionary setup, and seriously this game makes me feel like a champion drving this car once tyres are up to temp

17. th3o

th3o Hardcore Simmer

Love the Lambo too, but also looking forward to the R8, 488, AMG and the Porsche. The other cars, nice to have but not my cup of tea :)

18. trutya

trutya Simracer

i'm definitely waiting for the Jaguar, such a rare cat. and AMG, Porsche, Aston is for my liking too :)
    the Acura NSX was only at Spa i guess, but i1d like to drive it because of the young Depailler :)

19. gornar

gornar Gamer

paul ricard is the variant with the mistral chicane, right?

20. plaid

plaid Alien

No, the mistral straight doesn't include the chicane north. Sadly, cause its one of the few chicanes that flow nice imo. And the 2 halfs of the straight are still long enough.

I expected the absolute opposite seeing pictures and the map, but I like PR. There are parts I really enjoy its mostly fast (gts are boring...unless you drive fast) and also feels fast.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018