1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by phil, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

You press the middle mouse button (or the wheel if you have no middle mouse button).

Same to close it.

if it refuses to appear, it helps to press the left mouse button and the wheel/middle button at the same time. It’s a bit fiddly, so it can sometimes take more than one press to get it to work.

FriendOfJah likes this.
  2. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks so much for the information on how to get this screen to come up. I'll try it out tonight.

Is there a way to save a created camera view for use again on other replays? I believe this can already be done in AC based on some of Chris Haye's videos that I've watched on YouTube, but I'm not sure if it can be done in ACC.

3. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Now this would be a useful feature, @FriendOfJah but I don’t know if it’s possible. The camera resets each time one changes the in game camera during replay.

As a side note, it also resets in Highlight replays each time the Highlight moves to another scene. I’ve learned to enjoy highlights but not to bother with changing cameras at all during replay as the game controls them. :confused:

FriendOfJah likes this.
  4. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Thanks again for all of your feedback on this topic. I appreciate it.

Wouldn’t it be great if we had this camera ability in AC in ACC too?

Want2BFast likes this.
  5. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

Watch this new unbelievably high quality AC video. I wish we had this type of camera ability in ACC.

6. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I noticed the same thing while watching a replay to get some screenshots. I press the F12 key and the program says a screenshot was taken, however when you go the screenshots directory for ACC its empty. New bug with version 1.6+ perhaps?

7. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Have you checked your pictures folder in my documents? F8 puts the shot in your ACC screenshot folder. f12 is a steam overlay feature and puts all shots regardless of the game in /my documents/pictures

8. FriendOfJah

FriendOfJah Racer

I looked there, no files. I'll switch to using the F8 key instead. Thank for the feedback.

9. Alibi_GT

Alibi_GT Rookie

Hello, anyone has a different kind of solution with the DoF issue? I can't blur/focus the picture, it stays the same no matter what. I've deleted the engine.ini and even the whole game. Any help would be appreciated!

10. kiks73

kiks73 Rookie

Hi to all, trying to create a nice picture from the replay, using the camera tools that open up with a click on the mid mouse button, I thinked about this:

Should the Focus Area and Far Size regulation be added in graphics options?
    This should be great to reduce pixeling and add a blur effect on far distances as a user preference.

I can imagine that this is not easy to do, or that it should be too much computationally expensive.
    Please let me know if you are a developer ;-)

11. The_Breeze

The_Breeze Rookie

First time experimenting with in game photography and facing some issues.

I go into single player, do a custom race and save the replay. Start the replay, pause replay, adjust camera position, run the replay to see what will make a nice picture, go back 10 seconds, run replay and press F12 at the point where I want to take the picture.

The 1st issue is that If I do not place the camera in a certain angle, the shape of the car deforms (the car flattens or stretches), and when I get the shape of the car right, some of the surrounding cars look strethed or flattened. Is there a setting I need to adjust to avoid this issue.
    Not he best picture I took but on this one the Ferrari looks ok (although I forgot to set Nvidia settings to focus on 'quality' instead of performance') but the Merc on the left is out of shape, the front wheel doesn't look round.

The second issue I have is that, in general, I do see sparks coming from the car but I do not see any flames coming from the exhaust pipes, not during the race nor during replay, is this also setting related? And if so, how do I get the game showing flames/fire?

small-20201226172801.png

12. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

The game is simulating lens distortion so at wider FoVs objects and vehicles will appear stretched the closer you are to them. Pull the camera back, or narrow the FoV.

For my own shots I usually narrow the FoV to 40 degrees, which allows fairly close shots with reduced visible distortion.

[​IMG]

In my replays I do see flames although I have a tough time catching them in a screenshot as they only appear when the game is unpaused. You may observe the same effect with dust, when one goes a bit off track, dust will appear but if the game is paused it fades away.

FriendOfJah and The_Breeze like this.
  13. The_Breeze

The_Breeze Rookie

Thanks! Much better results now :)

805550_20210104215902_3.png

14. Want2BFast

Want2BFast Racer

Glad it helped you out. Nice shot! ;)

FriendOfJah likes this.
  15. Vaipale

Vaipale Rookie

I've the same problem!

16. Vaipale

Vaipale Rookie

17. davo84

davo84 Rookie

Can the middle mouse button be revamped for folks who don't have one? :p

18. davo84

davo84 Rookie

Hey folks, I'm having issues when saving using f12, as I have a triple screen setup and it shows seams ar different angles where the screens join. Couldn't find an answer above :/

19. hits4

hits4 Rookie

Does anyone know how to capture 360 degrees video like this.

20. FlakNine

FlakNine Gamer

Hi all, thought I'd make a quick video showing how the new post v1.8 Cinema HUD controls work.

AndyK70 and Whitestar like this.