1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI opponents tanking VR frame rate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by IAN DANCY, Sep 27, 2020.

1. IAN DANCY

IAN DANCY Rookie

(I wasnt able to post this in thet support forums)

Hi ya

Im not able to have more than 5 AI opponents in VR without the FPS tanking can you help?
    I have an 8 core 3700X, 32gb RAM and an RTX3080 so that "should" be able to punch through this game i imagine? Im guessing its CPU related so the games not using all my cores? I changed the assetocorsa.ini file thread lines but still no luck. Prioritising power on GPU and CPU has not done anything either.

Here are the collection of details so far...

I run an HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye)
    Windows 10 is up to date
    Latest motherboard BIOS updated
    Latest Nvidia drivers re installed
    GPU boost clock confirmed working up to 1965Mhz
    Checked USB devices in device manager, no conflicts

Verified game data
    Content Manager Shader patch re installed
    NEW AI BEHAVIOUR in the shader options on and off did not affect anything
    PPF is off
    Vsync is off
    Content manager has no super sampling set.
    Steam VR has Super Sample filtering on Auto, render quality High and render resolution on auto. Turning these off made no effect
    Anti virus exception created for Assetto Corssa

When I run the in Game Benchmark, the average is 70fps with min 60fps (lots of AI)

Averages I get during my testing when testing….
    GPU load 45% to 55%
    CPU load 11% to 27%
    GPU RAM – 5GB of the 10GB used
    System Memory – 24GB to 29GB of the 32GB used

(Brands Hatch Indy / Lotus Eleven trials)
    1) Trying practice with no AI – locked 90fps

2) Track day with 14 AI – 63 to 88fps. In the pits with AI around me the fps goes down. Also after Graham hill bend it also drops, im presuming because there are lots of AI in the pits near. 90Fps to clearways but then another fps drop down the start finish straight, again AI are close/visable. Sporadic is the word really, with commonality being the AI

3) A track day with 5 AI or lower and im locked at 90fps. Any more and things start to tank.

Is there anything I can do?

if its any help the Render stats app with 14 AI in game shows :-
    FT 11ms
    Main_T 94%
    PHY 18%
    PHY_late 6
    FMOD usage 7%
    All others are zero

Going through all the content shader patch options I have managed to salvage a few frames by deactivating Smart Mirror and turning off the mirror in Asseto Corsa settings to. Obviously not workable to have no mirror and I still get increasing fps drops the more AI I load in. I was surprised to see my system memory using 24GB of RAM

I reduced the replay quality and size and i cleared the Microsoft/FTH/State lines in the registry and rebooted but alas nothing

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 2023 Season Opponents not correct Mar 27, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem: new opponents every race May 30, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting No Multiplayer possible. Opponents staying in Pitlane Nov 25, 2022
    ACC User Interface Warning popup when changing the number of opponents Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Ai opponents removed from private lobbys Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Invisible Opponents Jan 3, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues "Opponents Visibility" *New Idea* Nov 8, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Only 15 opponents at Barthust Mar 31, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Raced Lemans on Season mode. I was new on the track but opponents pit so bad I won anyway Mar 9, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Opponents can't see me although I can? Feb 24, 2020
    Audio Bugs & Issues Some opponents have no sound (AI) Jan 8, 2020
    ACC Audio Opponents to hear when Opponents in sounds to 0 Nov 24, 2019
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Career - opponents laptime assigned to user Nov 13, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Car doors - Some opponents opened them both during the race Jul 14, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Kunos, please remove the Gallardo R-EX from the opponents list Jun 19, 2019

3. IAN DANCY

IAN DANCY Rookie

ADDITONAL: Going through all the content shader patch options I have managed to salvage a few frames by deactivating Smart Mirror and turning off the mirror in Asseto Corsa settings to. Obviously not workable to have no mirror and I still get increasing fps drops the more AI I load in. I was surprised to see my system memory using 24GB of RAM

I reduced the replay quality and size and i cleared the Microsoft/FTH/State lines in the registry and rebooted but alas nothing.

Can you help?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  4. André57

André57 Racer

Hi, My system is by far slower than yours and I have the same loss of fps, turning shadow off is the most efficient for me. Not perfect but at least I have my mirror active. Note that a few track are better, at Spielberg 1974 version 2.1 I have a stable 90 fps (Oculus) with 10 opponents.

5. IAN DANCY

IAN DANCY Rookie

Thanks Andre. In despiration i turned everything i could off or to lowest and I still got the issue. Its got to be something simple im missing?

6. IAN DANCY

IAN DANCY Rookie

if its any help the Render stats app with 14 AI in game shows :- FT 11ms Main_T 94% PHY 18% PHY_late 6 FMOD usage 7%
    [4:31 PM]
    All others are zero

7. IAN DANCY

IAN DANCY Rookie

ITs happening in rFactor 2 now so im thinking its system rather than software. Either the drivers for the RTX3080 or a BIOS setting on the mobo? (Asus ROG Strix X570F)?