1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AI update

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by TOBES, Sep 25, 2016.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Mugello, firs, second and third corner it's an nightmare so Monza as well.

Mugello, even tho u do s clean dive bomb through middle of the track, go to uphill, one car in front one in the left, but on grass third beside me, and that dude who comes from the left hand side-always hits me while comming back or wanna with force charge the next 2nd left handed + I get squeezed to middle of the track + that 3rd car on my fight hits me as well.

Monza firs chicane is an nightmare. No words needed here though.

I like that the game sometimes is hard and nerve breaking but specially on start they're retard. + during a race when they come from behind they just nail your ***, you spin they continue.

They need be just bit smarter nothing more nothing less

Pedal to the metal

L2D Godzilla and Exage304 like this.
  2. Mauler_77

Mauler_77 Racer

I can't believe that due to the many times I've crashed but yet the pack never gets far away, it's weird. I watched a replay once of an AI car and it looked awful; completely unrealistic driving, kinda not pushing at all yet mysteriously still going fast. All looked pretty artificial to me, but I've not played for 2 years so things may have changed.
    You get good battles though and it was generally a lot of fun with some very good tracks.

L2D Godzilla likes this.
  3. Archangel22

Archangel22 Gamer

I agree I wish the AI would avoid and not ram you. I also wish they would fight for position over take other AI drivers, hold them out etc. Its 2016 and not 1 racing game dev has made an AI improve, its mind blogging sport games can make AI team mates or opponents competent enough to score defend etc and give you a challenge but racing games have to be about hot lapping.

I also wish the AI reacts where if they are taken to the sand trap, or you bump into them causing them to fish tail they dont recover with ease and continue driving with no speed loss thats what irks me the most. Here and there just to test them I nudge them and its like they activated NOS mode and just zoom past me few seconds later thinking what happened no speed loss instead they got faster. I just want a fun race feel type of racing game where the AI is smart enough to compete I dont want a boring snooze fest race where how the cars are on the grid that is how the race ends every single race. Cant 1st place drop positions, 6th place move a few positions up etc etc.