1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Akis' onboard videos with foot/pedal cam (update: lotus 72d at brands hatch indy)

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by Akis Kev, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Update!
    After a request from a steam friend, I present you the next video:
    BMW M3 E30 GRA at Silverstone

Enjoy!

john oliver and eSEA One like this.
  2. cberinger

cberinger Rookie

Nice driving, Akis!

But I have one Question on the 2-11 Video: You shift up with your feet not stepping from the gas - just using the clutch. Is this the way it is done in reality with the 2-11? I always thought that this is only possible with DSG kind of gear boxes...

Cheers,
    Christian

3. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Hi Christian! Thanks!

If you do this in real life, you'll have the clutch slipping after a couple of laps (best case scenario). So it is not a recommended technique. But it is ok for AC (till they introduce mechanical damage, clutch overheating etc). I stopped doing it in the following videos anyway!

alex72 likes this.
  4. cberinger

cberinger Rookie

Hi Akis,

Thanks for the explanation :) I thought I missed some kind of new technology :)

Cheers,
    Christian

5. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Hi Aki (γεια σου φίλε) i like your driving style and i want to ask you if you can share with me the f-40 s3 setup in Magione.I did some laps yesterday and i loved it . F40 is my favorite car.Muggelo is very nice to i ll give it a try if i can in the weekend.

6. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Γειά σου Πάνο! It's been a while since I tried the F40 S3 at Magione, but here's my setup (dating 31-12-2013) : Link
    I'll try to do some laps with the new tyre model and see if the setup needs any changes.
    Plus you can find the standard F40 setup in the description of the video you posted! I think I'll do this for all my videos from now on.
    Cheers!

panosdimp likes this.
  7. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Thank you, keep up the nice driving style!!! Looking forward for nice and clean multiplayer races with you.

8. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

Yeah i noticed that silverstone vid Gra A challenge, the track brightness is almost like daylight brightness.
    It's weird 'cos when i'm at that challenge it's difficult to see the track because the track and environment is so dark.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  9. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

It is, maybe because I have HDR enabled. But what does this have to do with the way I change gears? :p

paulieGTR likes this.
  10. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

It was more to do with the difficulty of the challenge when the track and environment is very dark,
    opposed to the environment being in near daylight in the video.

It was the diffculty of challenge, not about the shifts mafrien'. :)
    But thanks for the info(hdr). :cool:

I need to enable hdr for that event. :)

Akis Kev likes this.
  11. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Ok next one is not technically a hotlap, but it is a "hot" lap in a quick race. ;)

Enjoy!

john oliver and alex72 like this.
  12. panosdimp

panosdimp Gamer

Ok you persuade me i hire you for my team's first driver..:) Please give me that setup if you can and want i am desperately slow with this car.:(

13. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Hehe. Setup added in video description!

14. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Update!

Lotus Elise sc step 2 at Silverstone international

2nd in rsr, 1st in rivali. You can find more info at the video description. Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoyed it!

john oliver and nijeat like this.
  15. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

This week I tried something that was a bit faster.. :D

Enjoy!

john oliver, qucheey and panosdimp like this.
  16. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Pagani Huayra at Mugello with 2 active wings cameras + pedal camera.

1:49.126 ;)

17. River71

River71 Gamer

Awesome driving ;)
    Share setups? :D

18. I am going to sound like such a newbie now but I need to ask this. When you're down-shifting in this video you brake with your right foot but also hit the accelerator to boost the revs on the downshift. What does this do? Is there a benefit?

I was driving on a Driving Force GT wheel (no clutch or H shifter) but I have a G27 turning up tomorrow so I want to improve my technique. That said.... watching your videos makes me feel very far from being competitive lol

19. Akis Kev

Akis Kev Alien

Thanks! Some of the setups can be found in the video descriptions. If you are talking about the Pagani, I've put 27 psi all around and -1,7 camber at the front wheels.

Hi Craig, it helps maintaining the balance of the car while braking. If you don't match the revs while downshifting, you can easily unsettle the car.
    Oversteer if it is a rear wheel drive car, understeer if it is front wheel drive. These are the last things you want to happen when you are in the middle of a hotlap :)

20. Traediras

Traediras Hardcore Simmer

Guh, I really wish I could get myself a steering wheel setup, not so fun doing heel-toe downshifts using a gamepad! :p