1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alternative Escape button mapping

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Calvin, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Calvin

Calvin Rookie

Hi there, just wondering if it would be possible to allow users to map a button on their peripheral as an alternative Escape key? I haven't really found a use for the keyboard as yet, so I've been keeping it on the ground and I always have to go and pickup the keyboard just to press escape.

Thanks!

Flee and FUORIGIRI like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions DLDSR/DLSS as alternative to TAA Dec 21, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Servers Down - We Need Alternatives Dec 8, 2021
    Chit Chat Room Triple screen alternative Aug 21, 2017
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes MouseToVJoy 1.0 - Easier Alternative to FreePie Jul 15, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Triple 27" Screens or alternatives? Oct 24, 2016
    General modding discussion Mouse and keyboard script / alternative Aug 31, 2016
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Content Manager (aka alternative launcher) Jul 1, 2016
    Suggestions Alternative launchers official support May 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Alternative USB pedals for g27? Feb 14, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Alternative keybind for the gear (for the wheels!) Oct 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Alternative load cell pedals to csr elite? Sep 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Gamepad controls! - alternative configurations. Jun 22, 2015
    Suggestions Blue flag alternative Dec 29, 2014
    Sounds modding Ruf ctr alternative sound **update v 1.5** Dec 26, 2014
    General modding discussion Very cheap oculus rift alternative Sep 15, 2014

3. i use an autohotkey script that makes a button in my button box
    send a keypress for the ESC key:

Code:
    1joy4::
      sendplay, {esc}
    return
    where 1joy4 means "button 4 of joystick 1".

4. CRONIN

CRONIN Rookie

That script is cool, but will the default button assignments be integrated to whatever wheel someone is using?

For example:

bind ESC to START button
    menu navigation to D-PAD
    Traction control adjustment to the rubber dial on the Driving Force GT Wheel
    Bind multiple button to shifting. Sometimes I use the paddles; sometimes i use the shift knob

These are just a few. I'd like to just use the wheel only in stead of keyboard+mouse+wheel

TheMagicYeti likes this.
  5. TheMagicYeti

TheMagicYeti Gamer

+1. Saves us wheel users having to get up just to go back into the pit menu and what not.

6. ACgt1

ACgt1 Racer

Would be also nice for ABS and TC.

7. +1

Took me 20 minutes just to type this.

I have almost 20 buttons on my wheel going to waste.

I can use my joystick as a mouse though:).

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  8. Pbure

Pbure Gamer

+1 for this idea. Already getting annoyed with getting up from my rig to press the Esc button..

Having this in-game solves this issue for nearly all users that do not have a keyboard near when racing.

9. Under the same heading I would like to be able to pick the 'Drive' option without having to go to my mouse. And I would like to be able to assign buttons to Mods so I can toggle them while I'm driving.

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  10. FUORIGIRI

FUORIGIRI Racer

I succeeded in assigning ESC to button 21 of my G27. I have just created a new profile pointing at acs.exe and then I recorded the pressing of ESC button.

Sono riuscito ad assegnare il tasto ESC al pulsante 21 del volante G27. Manca la mappatura del mouse... (ho provato ad abilitare l'utilizzo del mouse col tastierino numerico e poi a registrare la pressione dei tasti di quest'ultimo sul volante ma non ha funzionato). Per lo meno non utilizzo più tastiera, mouse e volante ma mouse e volante.

La procedura é la seguente:

avviare il profiler
    cliccare su Profilo/Nuovo
    assegnare un nome al profilo
    cliccare su sfoglia e selezionare acs.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\acs.exe)
    cliccare su OK
    cliccare col tasto sinistro del mouse sul pulsante desiderato e selezionare Seleziona pressione tasto/ Nuova pressione tasto...
    cliccare su Registrazione
    premere il pulsante ESC della tastiera quindi cliccare Stop
    cliccare su OK

Ora quando avvierete la sessione di guida potrete simulare la pressione del tasto ESC premendo un tasto del volante.
    Non avviare il gioco dal profiler ma avviarlo da Steam. L'impostazione appena applicata mediante il profiler verrà automaticamente riconosciuta.

Qualche screenshot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

almarm likes this.
  11. FUORIGIRI

FUORIGIRI Racer

E' possibile effettuare l'operazione anche per registrare la pressione di più tasti contemporaneamente come CTRL+A in modo da poter attivare e disattivare l'ABS dal volante.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Calvin

Calvin Rookie

I've just started using xpadder in the mean time, works fine, but would prefer native support of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Flee

Flee Rookie

+1

14. Vampire

Vampire Alien

+1,000!

Please can we have the option of mapping the ESC key to controller such as wheel, please?

I got along fine with my stand-in DFGT as I could map the buttons in windows, but now with the Fanatec wheel I have to run Joy2Key just for the escape key (and the turbo boost levels...), which has to be 'run' everytime I restart the PC.
    Without this option I have to get up out of obutto and go over to keyboard just to hit ESC, mildly annoying.

Not a massive deal, but for something that seems super-easy to implement(?) - is there any chance of malking this happen please? Obviously an increment/decrement/turbo level preset mapping owuld be awesome too.