1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMS (Automobilista)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Dean Ogurek, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Orne

Orne Alien

Any way to save seat positions on a per car basis ? Right now the seat adjustments affect every car globally.

Love the clutch functionality in AMS. Hoping the next version of AC has this ! Great stuff !

LeDude83 likes this.
  2. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

As far as I know no, but you can change it editing a couple of text lines for every car, but I should remember which file...:p

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. Jebus

Jebus Alien

.cam file in each car folder. From there you can change camera pitch too.

Edit. Forgot to mention that some cam files have hints what each value does. So if the car you wanna set doesn't have hints check other cam files until find one that does have them.

Orne, DaVeX↯, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  4. Orne

Orne Alien

Awesome,thanx !

Jebus likes this.
  5. TDS

TDS Alien

IT's ALIIIIIIIIVE DIVISÃO #3 !!!
    10475831_921748531174145_5143932920768356704_n.jpg

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Had another quick go...with the beta this time.

With the "normal" AMS build I noticed odd behaviour of the Classic Formula cars (tested the 67 one) - it was unrealistically planted. I might have messed something up back then because this time around it felt great...like AC basically with the difference that slides are just a bit harder to catch. You do need to learn when they happen by trial and error. Not remotely as severe as in iR but it's going into that direction.

Also tested the Passat, Gol and that Beetle around Ibarra quickly...lovely stuff, just great.

Gotta say though that AMS really does suffer from the "weightless spin" issue. The Beetle came around at some 30, 40 kph after I had unsettled it. Seems to get better with higher tyre temps.

What do you guys think about these above points?

Different topic: this sim shows me how f*cking stupid all those pCars 2 FFB discussions are that are being held over at that nasty thread with the enthusiasts claiming pCars 2 is totally sim and all of the user-generated FFB BS is the way to go. But I guess the thread can be used for separating your fellow sim racers a bit better - those in for pure sim and those in for bells and whistles. What's really disturbing is when some claim how it's all realistic in pCars 2...these peops I just can't take serious anymore when it comes to thorough analysis of sims.

So what am I on about? This: it took me some 2 minutes to find the right FFB sliders in AMS, adjusted them in 3 or 4 loops (super easy because ESC takes you straight to your last menu during test day) and it was all set. All in all, it took me about 8 minutes. Works for the classic F1, works for the Gol, Passat and the Beetle. Works for all tracks...just feels so silly that I even got involved into a discussion about adjusting FFB on a per car/per track base, lol.

liakjim likes this.
  7. Beetle has the engine out back and funky geometry. Not surprised. Its not true that cars cant spin at low speed, IRL its snappy as hell when you get loose at the limit (not purposely) in a hairpin for example.

These new cars are great tho. Love revvy 4cyl pocket monsters, even if 140hp doesnt sound very menacing hehe. Super responsive.

8. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Here is a RL Beetle spinning at low speed in mild corner

LeDude83 likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's a fair point. I had it happen in the F3 and the Passat, as well though. Just feels like grip loss and regain are a little more snappy than in AC.
    Nowhere close to harming the fun, mind you.

But I'm early in exploring this sim and need to dig deeper.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Gotta admit this looks a lot as my spin in AMS. I guess the speed in your example was around 80 kph when he lost it?!?

11. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

My estimation is 57,6 kph :)
    At the start of the video Beetle is at the left bottom corner of the watching cars mirror and starts drifting at the beginning of the white fence (2 sends mark of video).
    My guesstimate is that is has driven 8 cars length in those 2 seconds.
    Presuming constant speed and knowing the beetle's length=4m
    4m*8=32m
    32m/2s = 16m/s = 57.6 kph

Alistair McKinley and LeDude83 like this.
  12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Super short wheelbase probably doesnt help. I have still only tried the Uno in Copa Classic because awesome **** box. I had a go in 1 of the hot cars before release in the beta game but the sound was cutting out in 2nd and when I blip on down shifts so I went back to my Uno.

I was looking for some sort of target to aim for being new to the game so it is a shame we cant tell which Cat. B cars people set times with in time trial and that so many people are using crazy aids. If the Uno can do 1:18's at Taruma like the fastest Cat B time i've got a long way to go as yet :p

13. To me AMS feels closer to how it is IRL. I don't have any problems saving slides and what not there, just like IRL, but the dynamic and feeling is better than AC which I always found to be a bit too "lazy" regarding that.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Tried the hot Beatle yesterday and I had a blast at oulton park.
    This car is the probably the best car in ams together with the insane Ultima road car.
    Actually this car gave me the best ffb of all games I own. It's a masterpiece.
    It will be at the same level with the magnificent brabham bt20 from rf2.
    It will just not surpass my current favourite of all times, which is the AC's Cobra because I still find the tyre model of AC to be more in control and depth in extreme situations of grip and slip.
    The differences are so minute that I will enjoy them all.

This sim deserves more than current attention (and not some games like the shallow pc2)

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

do you have low force set properly for your wheel .. feeling what is happening as it is happening is the strong point of AMS FFB ... for your T500 it would be between 20 - 40%

we probably discussed it few pages back :) .. if so .. ignore

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Reading a post like this makes me wish AMS will get VR support sooner than later, so I could enjoy it as well.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  17. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

It will not get VR support

Psit likes this.
  18. dajdosta

dajdosta Racer

Is there any low force recommended value for a cheap Logitech (Wingman Formula Force GP) ?

19. Anyone tried AMS with VorpX?

20. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Hardcore Simmer

You could enjoy it right now if you played it without VR. :)
    I do understand that you will never go back to screens (in games you have experienced in VR once) but I do not understand how you can't give AMS a chance just because it doesn't support VR.
    It will fascinate you like AC does (in terms of physics, sounds, regulations, cars, tracks, ... ).

Ace Pumpkin likes this.