1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC Blog Aris Drives

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Ecnelis, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Tiger Feet

Tiger Feet Racer

Aris every time you say "Chassis Roll" you make me hungry! I always hear sausage roll :D

Great videos. Hammer time was well explained! Can we see more tools please :)

2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

TL;DW - Too Long;Didn't Watch.
    Fuel Load Testing. What it is, how it works, how to use it.
    Learn all about this cryptic parameter in the setup UI.

BMcK, Radfahrer, JanR and 6 others like this.
  3. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Thank you very much for the videos and congratulations for the channel.

They are very informative and a joy to watch.
    The 2 to 3 hours videos pass by without noticing the time, which is a very good indication of how very interesting they are.

@Aristotelis , just a minor suggestion, that perhaps can save you some editing time and work with the cutting, which is just adding a time stamp index to the video description, after ending the live streaming, of course.
    This way anyone can jump directly to the respective part to watch, without you needing to cut and upload again.

Andrex likes this.
  4. swigaffu

swigaffu Racer

Thank you so muchfor your time and your very good explanations.
    I really learn a lot from your videos.

sissydriver likes this.
  5. Ule

Ule Gamer

Hi @Aristotelis ! Do you plan to stream tonight? Just asking so that I can cancel all events in my private life :)

6. Aristotelis

Probably yes. I'll let you guys know, scheduling on YT.
    It's a busy period and not sure if I can make it 100%, but almost probably will.

7. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

Loving your vids, Aris <3. :D

Edit: Btw, the 'f' bomb you let go in one of these videos had me spitting coffee all over my 32 incher :eek:.

sissydriver likes this.
  8. spaceweed10

spaceweed10 Racer

LOL, me too - I thought he was on about kerbs :p.

9. Aristotelis

Join me this Friday night at 22:30 in a first try to explain dampers.
    Hard to understand... impossible to master!

Subscribe and set your YouTube reminders!

Tiger Feet, Radfahrer, Andrex and 5 others like this.
  10. Cheeky Thumbnail :p

Aristotelis likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

watched the stream yesterday for the first 60min or so - david perel, dookie - really amazing :cool:

the mysterious land of the setup is conquered piece by piece. :p
    and it is so much fun to try these things and to feel how the car reacts.:)
    the difference between setup changes and the reactions of the car in acc is so much more detailed than in ac.
    simply amazing what kunos has developed
    congrats to this masterpiece of simulation
    and @Aristotelis - thank you for all the effort and time you spend teaching us :)

SellerieMitDip and Flavus like this.
  12. Glk73

Glk73 Rookie

sissydriver likes this.
  13. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Simracer

sissydriver likes this.
  14. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

Could only attend the livestream after the RLM Race yesterday, so watched the reupload of the stream from the beginning today. Happened to watch it until the end a second time again :D
    It's so cool that @Aristotelis gives us the chance to ask questions and get answers from first hand. One can really feel his passion about all car and racing stuff.

One of my university professors once told us students that a professor is only really good in explaining if he can explain all topics using food analogies :D I think Aris is on a good way with all his example analogies (honey & water viscosity).

Some things I am still asking myself and maybe you can touch in more detail in one of the next streams:

Lower slow damper settings lead to higher suspension travel velocities right?
    But why then do lower slow damper settings also lead to lower weight shifts?
    Cannot wrap my head around it :D

And:
    When doing setups for the Porsche my damper histograms usually are around 40% slow and 10% fast movement. I've read that usually you want it more to be 30%/20%.
    If I want my damper histograms to have higher percentages in the fast movements, how do i then have to tune the FST damper settings? Should i increase or decrease them?

I am really looking forward to your next streams and more topics to discover!

Cheers

P.S.: I will try to come up with some sort of MoTeC channel to show me when my car is bottoming out and/or touches the bumpstops in the next days :)

15. Aristotelis

Another Too Long;Didn't Watch "short" video.
    TL;DW - What is the operational window of a modern GT3 car. Case study of a wrong setup.

Learn how to recognize if your setup "works" in your GT3 car. Understand why modern aerodynamic cars need to stay in a specific range and how they break every rule of thumb if you go outside this range.
    Watch a clear example of a setup pushed way too far and how we bring it back to proper values and the car starts to work again.

D.Jankovic, Andrex, Ecnelis and 8 others like this.
  16. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

@Aristotelis Great videos thx! I have one question related to the 2019 Porsche. I drive with the standard aggressive setup (with one click less rear ride height) and 60l of fuel at race start (30min) race. After 20-25 minutes the car become almost undrivable because i have much mid term ofersteer and it feels like the rear tyres has no grip any more. (I expect the same behaviour but more pronounced in rain.) When I simulate the fuel in Practice as you mentioned I see that when the fuel goes down from 60l to 15l the front ride height increases by 2mm. So the expected behaviour should be that the car gets more understeer but I feel the oposite. I drive quite aggressive but the tyre temps and preassure are allways in the operating window and tyre wear should be no issue aufter 25 minutes. Do you have any tipps for me?

17. nimp

nimp Racer

Some tracks the default for the Porsche Evo is too low at the front, starting to push the splitter below optimal operating window with fuel. Try raising it a click at the front instead of lowering the rear.
    Also depends on suspension setup obviously.
    As you burn fuel the front raises to a more effective height and grips better, while at the same time the rear tires wear faster than the fronts.

sissydriver likes this.
  18. Nico1979

Nico1979 Racer

Thanks a lot for your help. That may be an explenation. I will try it. Then maybe the Porsche is not the best car for a non pro like me (I noticed that the default aggressive setups are quite different from track to track) and I shoul better change to Ferrari or Audi?

19. Tobias Queck

Tobias Queck Racer

I kept asking myself the same question. Thats why i asked it in the stream as well. Aris talks about it at the end of stream.

@nimp : That makes sense. Thanks for the tip, I will look out for it in the future.

Regarding your car choice @Nico1979 : I agree that the Porsche is not the most beginnerfriendly car. But the audi isn't as well. I would try the new Aston Martin, the Ferrari or the Benz.

20. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

When you start a race with, let’s say, 100 litres of fuel, and set a certain front height, the one of default aggressive setup, for instance, the height won’t be lower than starting the race with the same setup and 15 litres of fuel.
    The initial setup is automatically set by the virtual ACC mechanics to have the set height for the loaded fuel.

However, the height will change when starting a race with 15 litres and then pitting in and adding 85 litres more.

Therefore, if the setup height is good for starting with 15 litres is just as good to start with 100 (thanks to ACC mechanics).
    The changing balance happens as the fuel is used during the race (starting heavy), or by adding more fuel than had at the start of the race (starting light).

@Nico1979 what you notice is the balance change in weight as the front becomes lighter by burning the fuel with the balance changing more to the rear and, at the same time, a bit less grip in the rear tyres, than at the start.

A rear biased weight balance can help the traction in acceleration but, at the same time, the driver has to deal with the increased oversteer tendency, caused by the shifted balance and, also, the rear weight that is now stressing the less gripping rear tyres even more than at the start.

The suggestion is to control better the turn in, paying close attention to trail braking, to keep the rear steady (this is intrinsic to the Porsche driving, probably more than any other car) and, eventually, if you find it helpful, changing the brake balance a bit to have a slightly better balance in braking and turn in, once you start to feel the front to light for your liking.

Let me still add that, at the end of the 30 minute stint starting with 60 litres, the Porsche is very much manageable and, not rarely, the last laps can be just as fast, if not faster, than the first ones of the stint.

Mark Lee likes this.