1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DzelRacing

DzelRacing Racer

I agree !

2. [​IMG]

Well today ended up being pretty underwhelming.

Freddie Seng, Radfahrer and mms like this.
  3. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

hristo1026, ShimonART and Andrew_WOT like this.
  4. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's alive and kicking, that's important.
    But it's hard to stay super positive after seeing this, sorry. May be proper footage in 4k would be better for showcasing the beauty of the engine, but this looks nowhere near previously posted screenshots.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Looks great, I hope the physics are the same and you can lock the view so the car doesn't move in the view.

7. As long as they improved the way they calculate and more importantly, APPLY grip, this is a buy for me. Otherwise, forget it. It would be simply a slightly better looking Assetto with night and rain with less cars. I can do without rain or night.

8. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Watched the video, the guy on the left who tried the game says the biggest difference he noticed compared to AC was in the track lighting (which is to be expected given the different engine) with darker shadows, but of course the setup of the rigs at the booth may have played a part in this. He also confirmed he was told by the devs the game will be available in early access this summer. He does not seem to be a hardcore simracer (he said cars in AC are hard to control), so he couldn't give any in-depth impressions.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its a highly compressed video in low res so will never match good quality screens. From the look of it I think it looks quite natural and nice apart from the compression and general low quality video.

Its a driving sim in daytime its not going to blow anyone away visually in these conditions. Still to me it looks fairly clean other then the motion blur which I would disable for any driving mode and only use for replays. That would be nice to have as an option same with other camera effects if they could be set specifically for all cams that arent incar driving ones.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    LeDude83, Orne, Typer and 2 others like this.
  10. Ku_Ba

Ku_Ba Rookie

Yes, I think it was part of trolling, part of negativity and part of dissapointment (not from AC, but from Kunos attitude to lunch new game) . And ok, I apologize for that.

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Got to remember that they are not “launching” anything. They are just showing current progress and with early access kindly allowing the public to play/test a work in progress project of theirs.

The alternative would be not seeing/hearing anything until it’s very close to finished and only getting to play the completed v1.0 build. I prefer the current approach

12. ShimonART

ShimonART Alien

great video! loving the UI and the helmet cam looks cool.
    btw is that the new 2017 GTR?

13. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

In the menu it says 2018 GTR :)

ShimonART likes this.
  14. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

There is in game footage on IGN from e3 if you can find it, I'm not going to post a link without admin's go ahead, the are obviously being very cagey about releasing video.

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

bgil66 and McKiernan like this.
  16. pavano

pavano Simracer

I, for one, am pretty happy with the game footage. They managed to port the game to the new engine, not losing anything.

17. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Well apps are lost, which was great thing in AC. But well we have to sacrifice something.

18. TheBoss

TheBoss Hardcore Simmer

it seems that it looks pretty good ... it seems ... the quality of the video is horrible.

I would like to see a video in good quality to judge. The driving seems nice, it feels like AC, I hope we have a breakthrough.

19. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Not so good video quality + blur effect.
    I'm quite anyway. UE4 is a warranty, Kunos is a warranty, the old screens and trailers doesn't lie.

We just must wait for a proper video coming from E3.

20. I can only come to the conclusion that 505 wanted the game at e3 . I cannot see kunos unveiling the game for the first time in this way . Doesnt unreal engine have lag, street fighter v had 8 frames which they have got down but i temember them saying later builds of ue4 had less or no lag .