1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Assetto Corsa contributed to the failure of my T300 conical brake mod

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by bradleyland, Apr 16, 2017.

1. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Please do not take this the wrong way. I do not blame Assetto Corsa for the failure of my brake mod, but I do feel it contributed. This isn't a huge deal. I'll order the part from Thrustmaster and be on my way. When you use something a lot, it's bound to wear out, but AC's lack of calibration settings accelerated this failure. I'm providing this feedback, because I want the AC developers to be aware that while it may have been well-intended, the lack of advanced calibration settings does have a very real, negative impact on some of their users.

In order to best take advantage of the brake mod that comes in the T3-PA pedals, you have to adjust the cone so that it very nearly touches the brake pedal when at rest. This significantly shortens the travel of the brake pedal. Assetto Corsa does not seem to like this.

In the absence of any brake pedal calibration settings in the game, I have to stomp my pedal (pretty hard) repeatedly (three times) to get AC to go to full travel. The result is that AC requires quite a bit more brake pressure than other sim titles I play. This morning, my conical brake mod broke at the base, where the bend for the mounting tab starts.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I need to do this on PC aswell where we have calibration settings so its not because they are missing you need to do that.

_Fulgore_ and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

5. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

When you've started loading Assetto (or any game) After the wheel self calibrates , hold down the break and accelerator to maximum for about 2 seconds. This should calibrate the pedals.

iwanchek, Daz730, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

i also use the conical brake mod, just take the mod out and press the brake pedal a bit further than it would travel if the mod was in, then put the brake mod back in! that seems to work for me. you can also try screwing the rubber part further back and pressing brake pedal firmly then screw the rubber part back to wear you had it originally.

7. PRO Stream BG

PRO Stream BG Simracer

I have the same problem on ps4... I hope fonally they add a Wheel/pedal calibration settings with the incoming patch finally...because its a bit strange a SIM RACE game without this features!

8. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Jon legg got it right m8

9. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

yes there are many ways M8!!!!!

10. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Yes there is but which is best.!!!!!

11. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

good question, :(

12. robbosr76

robbosr76 Gamer

Put the conecle mod where u want it hold your brake for a few seconds and bobs your uncle

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

on PC when i had g27 pedals i had to do that every single time, its a hardware/firmware lack of internal memory issue.
    With my fanatec csp v3 directly plugged into a usb i never had this problem again, aleluia. ;-)

14. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

I do it every time out of habit. I once accidentally lent on the accelerator pedal lightly while GT6 was loading and calibrating. I had about 10% of the throttle!

TDS likes this.
  15. bradleyland

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm familiar with the calibration procedure, but the specific issue that caused me to create this thread is that I have to press the pedal very hard in order to get full pedal travel, regardless of calibration procedure. I'm not really looking for solutions, as I am able to calibrate my pedals.

Again, I'm not blaming Assetto Corsa, I'm simply looking to provide useful feedback to the developers. The issue may be entirely Thrustmaster's responsibility; I don't know. I'm just putting the info out there in a way that makes it clear what's happening.

I made a short video showing specifically what I'm talking about.

16. Jon Legg

Jon Legg Racer

you need to calibrate the pedals when the wheel initially calibrates its self as the game starts. when you do this with the mod installed the reduced throw limit is then used by the wheel as the 100% value. This calibration is for the wheel its self and nothing to do with the game (I mean sim).

17. bradleyland

This is mostly correct, but based on additional testing, it's not entirely accurate. The key is that the brake pedal must pass 50% travel in order to calibrate, regardless of how many times you press it, or how long you hold it. For example:

Depress 3 times at 33% = AC will not reflect 100%
    Depress 3 times at 50% = AC will reflect this amount of travel as 100%

I did similar testing in pCARS, and it looks like the same 50% travel requirement is present, so it would appear to be entirely within TM's court.