1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa early access 0.22

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 29, 2014.

1. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Great update guys, haven't even tried 22.8 yet.
    Large improvement in performance, 95% error gone, no stutters, stammers, lags, just fast a smooth, constant 60 FPS with 9 AI, granted my setting are pretty low.
    Driving physics is better.
    Graphics appears to be better with no changes in my settings, appears to be less jaggies, maybe just my imagination.

Really like the new track, now favourite.

I did discover something that maybe of interest.
    I do a lot of "restarts", my tag should be "GRASH-A-LOT".
    During one restart, I did notice some 95% warnings as AI cars were retiring like flies.
    Turns out that they, and eventually I, were running out of fuel.
    Appears that AI stopping on the track really messes up my low level system.
    When I changed to "no fuel usage", the problem went away.

AI is still getting better, but still have the problem of AI pushing from behind and not backing off, a little "tap" would be OK, but then back off.
    Also, they get real timid when you come you from behind, seem to have things reversed.
    On the positive side, great fun going thru corners side by side.

I feel I stole this sim, considering what I paid for it.

Thanks, LATE4APEX

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

You better don't say that to people who do hill climbings with tatuus formel cars or gp2 cars ;) I think it's better for them that they don't know that they will crash horrible on every rear sliding :D

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

0.22.9 is out.
    Now you can disable phyton apps through a file entry.
    But can anyone explain to me what this means?
    What is the advantage/disadvantage of doing this?
    I would appreciate if there would be a short disciption of the changes in the update-logs which explains the sense of the changes...

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

What??? Didn't read anything about 22.9 version!

5. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

It´s one quick update per lap! Awesome support from Kunos. :cool:

6. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Done a few MP races and everything is good. I really like the addition of the Race Position bar now at the bottom - was always a pain not having that. One other request: when going from Qualy to Racce can it be made much clearer on the screen the number of laps of the race? I always forget! Needs to appear in a dialogue box please unless I have missed it.

nate and Pascalwb like this.
  7. Niklas

Niklas Gamer

Tbh, I don't know what you mean with that, but since added that big smile it seems to be some kind of joke I don't get...

Anyway, thinking about it again I think I can withdraw my criticism about the behaviour of the Formula Abarth. It seems legit that they are tail happy around tight corners, but easy to save as it is low speed (hillclimbing). At highspeed corners it is understandably harder to control the car again, and I think that is just how the car is behaving in AC, so it is spot on.

But still there is now difference in the steering when the car loses grip, I guess that also is the reason why some people wrote that it feels 'disconnected'.

8. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Yeah was kind of a joke, but i think you get the message behind. i wrote my opinion few pages before and it's the full opposite to your position. pre patch i felt much more disconnected and it feels unrealistic in such rear sliding situations. but to be also honest i can't judge it too, because nobody asked me to drive one of these cars in real life. so it's all about imagination.

but back to what i wanted to say with my "joke", i think a video says more then words:

and this is a gp2 car with a lot of more power compared to the tatuus, so i think (or imagine if you prefer) it can not be kind of magic or a rarely luck to catch the rear of such a car.

9. Niklas

Niklas Gamer

Well, that video shows something completely different. It really doesn't look like that was due to a driving mistake, the road conditions changed (hit the white line under the bridge, colder asphalt temperatures under the bridge, a damp spot or something similar I guess). A bit like hitting a curb and losing it a little bit, but recovering from it as soon as the car completely runs on tarmac again.

10. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

The SLS is so fun to drive :)

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  11. kro

kro Simracer

Yes This ^ can anyone comment or explain ?

0.22.9> I did get a 95% CPU again for the first time with 0.22.xx build, also I still have that sound stutter/glitch (in MP only) but it's been with all the last 3 builds but not on all servers:( , at first I thought it was ping related but last night I joined a server in Argentina with a 260 ping and it was super smooth and some players had like 30 ping to me and no sound stutter:D it ran great and I could exit normal then I joined a lower ping server and had the sound glitch o_O,the bummer with the sound glitch is I cannot exit the server when this happens ,I get a screen freeze every time I hit exit on servers I get the sound glitch on , :mad:ctrl/alt/del is the only way out and it hangs for up to 2 min sometimes waiting for the AC.exe to appear in the task manager ;-(

so then I thought maybe its only servers with flow control on or off ?? need more tests ..
    im asking on the servers if anyone can tell me if flow is off or on, I haven't had anyone be able to tell me yet as no admin was present on the last server it happened on .. .. but its happening more than not! 1 server out of 5 worked for me the others all had sound glitch/freeze on exit

If I host it runs perfect ! players can join and the game runs very smooth ! I also have flow Control on on my server ..

any ideas ?

Thx ;-)

12. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

What is there to explain?
    You can now disable python support (thus ALL 3rd party apps) by editing a .ini file (gameplay.ini in \Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg)

13. kro

kro Simracer

I guess the reason you would need to do this ?

are the AC apps that came with the game in their as well they would all be turned off as well right ?
    Or is this a tool to chk for errors ?

I guess that's the question , what's the advantage ,reason ,for this .. ?

I guess I don't care but they released an update with it so just wondered what the deal is with it .. lol

thanks anyway for the reply ...lol

14. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

The advantage in my opinion is to have a more fluid game, didn't try it but maybe it's that, i read some days ago that the apps even not showing on the screen are running, so if you disable them you're freeing PC resources to take care only of the game itself...

15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It would help if you could tell us which servers run smooth and which do not. Most servers have a name in their title, some even have a web address so you can talk to the server admin directly.
    As for the sound glitch, I'm not convinced that is server dependent. We had a league race on Sunday and only 1 person out of 14 had a sound issue which was rectified when he restarted AC.

FYI: ALOOG servers all run with flow control off ATM.

16. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Thanks for the update. Here's some feedback. I didn't read all 28 pages, so it's probably not all new.
    • message 'select car supported by server' is shown even when theres only one car available.
    • add filter to show servers in Q session only, for if you want to do a quick online race without needing a search through the list. On the other hand, there are many filters already and it may get more complicated with all the icons. So how about adding a new bar on the side where every filter is listed (in plain text with checkboxes) so you can just checkmark your wishes (B/P/Q/passworded/recents/freejoin/mods, sliders for #racelaps, etc).
    • add server option to disallow people enter during races, or only allow them to stay in pits. People joining during the race may interfere the race.
    • timing tab not working anymore in pits.
    • noticed strange FFB vibration when driving ~20km/h (at least in abarth and the new merc).
    • strange slides on flat curbs, especially on mugello. I know theres already topic on it, but here I want to emphasize that its very annoying :)
    • talking about annoyances, the penalty system is especially annoying when it's applied if you are forced on the grass at a straight for example. Penalty should only be given when cutting a corner and gaining advantage. It would help a lot if the penalties where area-specific (so only applied when driving on 'cutting' surfaces).
    • add driver ranking in the label. This would help to know whether someone is racing with you or is lapped. It would make up for the missing blue flags.
    • in the chat tab, show whether damage/penalty is on, and the number of race laps.
    • unsharp/out of focus image when in pit.
    • track selector shows only six tracks. Could be more if the tiles were smaller. Add scrolling with the mouse wheel to quickly acces mroe tracks. Add submenu or rather a popup menu for different layouts of the same track. Same for cars with multiple editions.
    • number of opponent-slider not updated until mousebutton is released.
    • In general, I find the menu's a bit too cluttered/complicated. For example the summary tab. This tab shows a plane with 4 'subtabs', one of which called opponents. If you click on it you see a new window (which is almost empty) with some options, but why the need for another opponents tab as there's already the 'main' opponents tab at the top. Also, the 4 subtabs at the summary page are displayed as 4 tiles horizontally, until you select one: now they are arranged vertically as small icons at the left. Its just a bit confusing when the layout changes on every click.

To end positive, I like the new car, smaller replay size, leader bar.

17. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

• noticed strange FFB vibration when driving ~20km/h (at least in abarth and the new merc).
    me too... in every car I tried from 0.22 on.

18. Changelog:
    Tyre model modifications, more direct and "alive" FFB on all cars. We advice less FF "effects"

Not sure if maybe you guys missed this....no weird vibrations here but I did turn the effects completely off and lowered the overall gain on my FFB by 5% after the update.

Eduardo Aguiar and Rui Santos like this.
  19. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

never had effects on, nor damping nor anything...
    g27 here.

I appreciate the deformed tyre effect on the FF when rotating the sterring wheel while stopped on the tarmac. (wheel mooving back a little when you stop rotating it)
    I recall RBR had this.
    It's a sign of how well everything is build up with physics principles.

Also you can apreciate how rotating the wheel while pushing the brakes' pedal gives you a stiffer FF because the tyres can't help rotating back and forth a little...
    that's subtle, but it is another sweet indicator ;)

20. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

I WOULD ADD ... 20-30km/h and not accelerating nor doing anything with any pedal... just slowing down by friction and inertia