1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa End of Year Blog

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by V8_KB, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

"Track", not "Tracks". I don't think multiple tracks are realistic, but rather a single one. If any at all.
    And in that case it will surely be Donington. *yaaaaawn* :(

But more brit cars, like the GT40, would be nice. :D

Being serious, there are a couple of british cars that would be nice to have in the sim.
    e.g. the Ariel Atom, which is such a beautiful scaffolding-built rocket. Or the Caterham.
    Some classic Lotus would be cool, Elan, Cortina, Esprit.
    Maybe the Ascari A10, BAC Mono and the VX220.

But I think it would go rather in the direction of current McLaren and Lotus cars, not too much interest in those, especially the McLaren P1 GTR or the 570s, but they will surely be part of that pack.
    Have my doubts about a McLaren F1 car, because Ferrari does seem to be a bit picky about what their F1 cars compete against in AC (well, other Ferrari F1 cars …).
    So I don't think it's realistic that we will see another modern F1 car, but well who knows. Maybe Ferrari wouldn't see a 2015/2016 McLaren-Honda as a competition. :D

MG, TVR, Rover and the like can stay where they are right now, in the graveyard. Don't need any of those. And hopefully no Range Rover or the like.

2. Berry

Berry Alien

The McLaren P14 is going to be announced at Geneva this year (March), that'd be nice to have, but maybe a bit too late for it? Seems to be a big step forward from the rumours, and it looks good even with camo on.As far as Lotus'es go, the 3-Eleven, the Lotus 7 and an Elan+Esprit would be what I'd choose.Anyway, looking forward to any kind of content from now on :D.

[​IMG]

Stephen Driscoll likes this.
  3. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

4. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

British Pack? Morgan anyone? I imagine it should be a relatively cheap license and would mean they could model this beast

[​IMG]

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

And in 2018, they'll add an oxcart. :D

But at least with that thing, you won't have to worry about rear camber, toe-in and ARB anymore.
    Edit: Although on some tracks like Monza adding camber and toe-in could be helpful? :confused:
    Edit2: What does toe-in on such a thing mean anyway? :confused:o_O:confused:

6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah, good suggestion, as the available mod is one to forget about.
    Would be a fun addition.

7. Mark_McQ

Mark_McQ Racer

The Brit pack better have an Austin Allegro in it.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Anyone else still waiting for the "Beginning of Year" Blog? :D

9. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Complete Ferrari's Supercars:
    250 GTO
    288 GTO
    F50
    Enzo

The other 3 could be:
    Testarossa
    550 Maranello
    360 Modena

Just please don't make any more cars from their current (modern) stable.

10. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

I disagree.
    [​IMG]

Guido Trampe and PhenOm like this.
  11. Since this is pretty much a done deal: (one would have to think that the Lords vote over-rides all others)
    [​IMG]

That leaves six wishlist spots. I want these two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the 355 would be great also, but I doubt it will even be included on the list.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, you are free to vote for them, but imo they are amongst the ugliest that Ferrari has ever produced.
    Aren't these some of the most criticized models in Ferraris history?

I've got the feeling that people are just quoting the Ferraris that were the latest models during their childhood.

Don't get me wrong. As I said, I'll leave this one to others to decide, I just take what will come.
    I'm just surprised by which cars people want. ;)
    If it would come, please move your wheel into the horrible position that the real car had it in, for improved realism. :p

13. quakeguy

quakeguy Hardcore Simmer

Okay, I'll make an exception. Wishlist time.

[​IMG]
    330 P4

[​IMG]
    512S

[​IMG]
    Dino 246

Enzo Martin, Rosko, Tony74 and 2 others like this.
  14. The 330 P4 should pretty much be a no brainer methinks.

quakeguy and Lynch_96 like this.
  15. garyjpaterson likes this.
  16. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I am not a big fan of the Daytona, but I totaly agree for the 250 GTO and the Testarossa (Kunos, please, not the 512 TR).

I would add this too :

Ferrari-308-GTB.jpg
    A 308 GTB (the Magnum PI's car) :p

And if it's possible to have Formula one, I would love to have a screaming V12

5a7cb83397a8635b2dfa13e17ae6a660.jpg
    This beauty especially

But this beast would be nice too
    F1-1994-Jean-Alesi..-1024x721.jpg

Oh and I was thinking... why not adding the Modena track to de DLC? :D
    I would prefer Fiorano but it's a test track so not adapted for multi cars racing... but for hotlapping, it would be a dream

arthur666 likes this.
  17. Berry

Berry Alien

Seems to be a very silly decision to make, to choose from all these beauties, add all of them! :D
    @Berniyh: I grew up when the F50+-Mc F1 came out, and these were my dream cars, even though most people hate how the F50 looks and performs for some reason, those cars alongside the 911 are a very moist dream of mine :D.It doesn't always have to be a rational choice when it comes to cars.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    SMOKING__MONKEY3 and Berniyh like this.
  18. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

SO not so much interest in this beauty?I think its perfect not to old not to new and boring LOL Also F50 would be epic!

LeDude83 likes this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's not that I think that the 90s hypercars were bad looking. The McLaren F1 was a beauty. The Lambo Diablo was a beauty as well, although only with the rear spoiler that wasn't there for the original version:
    [​IMG]
    (Lambos have to weir strange colours and this one in lila actually looks quite cool. :D)

The problem I have with them is that I can see how they wanted to develop from the 80s style, but they look a bit unfinished here and there.
    Styling-wise the Murcielago completed what the Diablo began and looks more like a finished evolution.
    The same was the case with the GT2. The first one, the 993 looked like a 911 that someone abused. Really unfinished, like some dude creating a tuning version of his 911 in his garage.
    Well, some people like that sort of stuff, I'm not really into it. (I do however love the engine sound of the 993 GT2 ;))
    The 996 GT2 agains made a great evolution their finishing the design that the 993 GT2 began and was good looking despite the hideous head lamps (thankfully those are gone).

Want more examples? Noble M10:
    [​IMG]

Or the E36 M3 (I'm going to stop posting pictures here … ;)), the Bugatti EB 110.
    Wasn't only the case with high performance cars, the every day cars from the 90s were horrible as well.

To me, the F50 and also the Enzo look a bit like someone gave the order to make the F40 "modern looking" and then they decided to let the TVR people do the design.

tbh, with a bit of distance (20 years now), there are only few sports-/hypercars from that era that I think are really beautiful even today.
    The Maserati 3200 GT is one (although since it was at the end of the 90s, maybe it dosen't exactly fit), the Zonda (ok, again late 90s), of course the McLaren F1, the 993 Turbo, maybe the R33 Skyline, Jag XJ220, AM DB7 and the Dodge Viper (although here the first generation was 90s-horrible as well).

Berry likes this.
  20. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Michael Hornbuckle and AC_RAF like this.