1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa open world/street race?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nitrogamingnl, Dec 12, 2015.

1. nitrogamingnl

nitrogamingnl Rookie

Hey people!
    So I had this idea in my head for a long time now, and I tought, I would share this idea with the internet.
    In the past years we haven't really seen a REALLY good open world, street racing game. So I tought to myslef: What would I want in a open world, street racing game? And I tought Assetto Corsa could make for an awesome platform; it's physics are realistic and the graphics are great.
    Anyways, here is my list of what I would like to see in an open world, street racing game:

World:
    -Fictional city
    -City area (Japanese style)
    -Mountain (for mountain racing)
    -Highways
    -Docks area
    -2 fictional race tracks enterable from the map
    -1 side of the city mountain, other side of the city desert
    -City is right next to the sea
    -Giant airport
    -Top of the mountains snowy
    -Car dealerships
    -Car tuning companies
    -Day/Night cycle
    -Dynamic weather
    -AI cars
    -Offroad area's

cars:
    -Variation(American muscles, Japanese, European)
    -Huge carlist
    -Stored in a garage, wich you can buy

Car customisation:
    -Crates
    -small variety of custom parts are obtainable via the tuning garages,
    the car parts are bought via the crates systrem, wich has a HUGE variety of carparts.
    The crates system gives no sertainty of what part you get, the tuning garages has a small
    variety of carparts, but you can choose wich one you buy.
    -You can make your own livery in a livery editor, like in Forza.

Crates:
    Crates are the way to get new bodyparts.
    They are the same principle as cases in CS:GO.
    Crates are obtained via microtransactions(small ones like €0,20 per crate)
    Crates have a random bodypart in them. They can include: Rims, complete bodykits,
    widened fenders, spoilers, front splitters, etc, etc........
    Parts you bought can be sold like the CS:GO skins on the steam market.
    You can make your own bodyparts in 3d software an put them on the steam workshop, if enough people like it, it can make it into the full game, just like how CS:GO works.

Ingame currency:
    Ingame currency is used for buying cars.
    The currency is obtained by doing races.
    the price won in races is dependent on lengt of the race and place you finished in

Gameplay:
    four main gamemodes: Free roam, Racing, Missions and Drifting
    Free roam is standard driving trough the city, when in online, you can hold "impromptu races"
    these are races wich are point-to-point races, wich are made up on the spot.
    Racing is pretty self-explainatory, you get an organised street race, either point-to-point or "circuit".
    Drifting is in a competition form, 1v1 battles. You go up against other online players. Whoever gets the
    most points, wins the round.
    Missions is a gamemode where youhave various missions, like a chase between 2 cars, whoever outruns the
    other, wins the chase. If the person, running away didn't run away in 5 minutes, the roles change.
    Another mission will be that you need to drive someone to a place, without crashing within a set time.

Physics and looks:
    The phisics will like Assetto Corsa and the looks will also be like AC.

online:
    All of the driving is done online(freeroaming, driftin, racing and missions).
    There is an option to go offline freeroaming, you can do missions and you can do singleplayer drifting,
    but you can't do races.
    people are catogorised on rating per server.
    64 people MAX per server

Rating:
    Rating is a way to catogorise people on their driving. It works the same as in Iracing with the Irating.
    People with high rating will be matchmade with other people with high rating and vice-versa.

video making:
    There will be a full video making program, wich will work like the Rockstar Editor.

Please give me feedback on what you like about the idea, and what you don't like about it. Also, post your ideas in this thread too, so we can make for an even better idea.
    If you liked this, share it with as many people as you can, maybe Kunos thinks this is a great idea, and maybe... They can make this real? Or even take note for the normal Assetto Corsa ?Who knows?

-Patrick Veenstra

fastto likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.2 hotfix update OUT NOW! May 7, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian Assetto Corsa league - XGN Tuesdays and Thursdays May 7, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

the moment you said micro transition your opinion became voided to me.

micro transitions are a cancer.

Vel and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Wrong forum, pal.

irfan.pratama likes this.
  5. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Expect more of these topics once the game gets released on consoles, this topic is just sensitivity training. :D

PuffTheMagicBelgian and Horus like this.
  6. plaid

plaid Alien

I would like to see a game like that with realistic physics. :) However there are a few games filling that niche, while just not with realistic physics.

Realisticly: I would add Lake Louis to the consoleversion of AC. One of the best experiences I had in driving/racing and if its your thing you can act like cop and robber.

LeDude83 and Nobby76 like this.
  7. Nobby76

Nobby76 Alien

I don't think that kind of sized map is even possible in AC,. Doesn't it throw a spaz after something like 16km away from center point?

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Reminds me of the insanely fun Midnight Club 2. What's needed for me is pedestrians (that jump away last second) and traffic.

9. Xtriko

Xtriko Gamer

I don't want a "coin" on my favorite simulator. I already paid for the simulator and I like to drive the cars I want without burning my eyes to have "coin" for cars and parts. Street racing simulator with traffic could be interessing... but not my cup of tea.

Vel likes this.