1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa, the real ferrari's simulator

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by GRFOCO, Dec 27, 2014.

1. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I already knew that Kunos Simulazioni was one of the Ferrari's partner.
    In fact, at the museum ferrari on Fiorano, was and still is possible, use a workstation/simulator where you can try some of their virtual models.

But i really did not know that Kunos and Ferrari had a close relationship to a more professional level.
    Reading one of the most famous Italian automotive monthly, i discovered this (see the photos)

So, I made 1 + 1, and i reconnected all the words of that @Aris a few months ago:
    "... we offer a technology that costs thousands of euro at a popular price, inserted in a video game ..." (the words were about these ...)
    I thought there was an element of truth, but that was a little bit much "inflated" compared to what had really made for OUR AC.
    Apparently I was wrong.

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa Evo Modding Support? Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.1 hotfix update OUT NOW! Apr 4, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.10.0 update and Nürburgring 24hr DLC are OUT NOW! Apr 3, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto corsa 2 Mar 26, 2024
    Console Lounge How to share clips to Assetto Corsa club Mar 17, 2024
    ACC General Discussions An official Assetto Corsa discord server please. (iracing, raceroom, and gt7 has one) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Assetto corsa competizione ps5 Mugello best track Mar 14, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Assetto Corsa Competizione UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close. Feb 25, 2024
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa 2 Silence Feb 22, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Moving Game Files from One Drive to C:\Users\Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione Feb 19, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.8 hotfix update OUT NOW! Feb 1, 2024
    Bug reports Assetto Corsa Competizione PS5 Version 1.9.7 Wipers Bug Jan 29, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.7 hotfix update OUT NOW! Jan 26, 2024
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.9.6 update and GT2 Pack DLC are OUT NOW! Jan 24, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Play Assetto Corsa on Steam due to Malicious code found by AV Jan 5, 2024

3. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

Great find! What does the text in two photos say, could you kindly translate? :)

4. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

from google translate:

...we are, in fact, on board the simulator that Ferrari uses to develop its road cars. Other than video games: this is a much more refined. And it is the first time that someone who does not wear a Prancing Horse on the jacket sets foot in this kind of "inner sanctum". protected by huge doors airtight. A technological jewel that, since 2012, is used to define the performance, the driving feel, in short the soul of every new Red destined to the roads around the world.

"We developed the whole project at the LaFerrari, that with 22 control systems required a simulation environment for the adjustments, extremely complex," says Matteo Lanzavecchia, head of development vehicles, the area that most benefits from this tool . "as the basis, we used the simulator built for F1, but integrating it with their own specific, to make it suitable for road cars."
    "First, this step was performed with computing systems," adds Stefano Varisco, an engineer specializing in vehicle dynamics, "but now the mathematical models are built from the simulation, which gives us much more information and allows you to develop together mechanical, electronics and performance."

Ace Pumpkin and claudiopolez like this.
  5. The text could ROUGHLY :D be translated like that:
    Image 3:
    ...(dis)crepancy between what the eye can see, and what other senses get is strong, and it upsets. Because we aren't in a real track, but immersed in the virtual reality. That, here (at Ferrari's), is something damn serious.
    We are, indeed, onboard the simulator that Ferrari employ to develop their road cars. Not at all a videogame: this is a much more refined system. And it is the first time evr that someone without a prancing horse on their clothes enters this sort of "sancta santorum", protected behind huge airtight doors.
    A technologic jewel that, since 2012, is used to define performances, feeling at the wheel, in short the soul of every new Rossa aimed to the roads of the entire world.(...)

Image6:
    In front of us, on a 180 degrees curved screen, three projectors cast the images of an almost absolute perfection.
    "We made all this on occasion of the LaFerrari's project. It, with its 22 electronic control systems, needed a simulative environment for all the settings, that are extremely complex." tells matteo Lanzavecchia, chief of vehicles development, the branch that get the most benefit off this "tool".
    "We used or F1 simulator as a foundation, and customized and fit it to the road cars. This step was once accomplished with math systems" he adds "whilst now the mathematic models are integrated into the simulation. this gives us many more informations, allowing us to develop mechanics, electronics and performances at the same time.

Edit: Opsss, a bit late :)

tommi karsikas and claudiopolez like this.
  6. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This.

7. Temeter

Temeter Gamer

Wow, i've known that Assetto Corsa was originally developed as an industrial simulator, but the actual software used for Ferrari's road car development? :eek:

That's impressive. Makes me even more excited, since i've just ordered my first actual Force Feedback Wheel. Can't wait to see how this stuff is ment to be played. :D

8. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Completely arcade, no day/night cycle, OP is a liar

Jebus, er540, Fear and 3 others like this.
  9. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

Ferrari F1 definitely moved to RF Pro last year--- this was very clearly and publicly stated by Ferrari. I think it is still unclear what they were using before as a simulation base.... that this article says the road car team took advantage of.

10. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Simracer

rFpro is for F1, this is for road cars

11. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

<---- Doesnt give a low-flying yank about either and just enjoys what AC is about :
    DRIVING CARS !

alex72, g4b1bb097 and PhenOm like this.
  12. g4b1bb097

g4b1bb097 Hardcore Simmer

Btw joking

13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Have you read the article ?
    Because on this , there is no mention to Assetto Corsa , or Kunos Smulazioni.
    How this could be a publicity?!
    Only that little photo where only a sim raging's fan can recognize the AC's logo .

14. Traind

Traind Hardcore Simmer

When I said that Ferrari publicly stated it I was referring to the switch to RF Pro for the F1 team. They confirmed that in an interview and mentioned RF Pro and the benefits they found in it over their old product.

BTW, I find this a little bit of dangerous ground to trumpet these things about the sims we play. Many, many racing teams, including multiple F1 teams, use RF Pro. The core of RF Pro is ISI based-- just like RFactor 2. But the Pro software is highly customized by the racing team that has all the detailed data they need to get the parameters nearly 100% accurate. And the hardware is probably significantly more sophisticated than the PCs we use at home.

So is it cool that the companies that make the sims also serve racing teams? Yes! Are we using the exact same software as the racing teams? No, not really.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Mogster likes this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ferrari Store Milan opened its new Simulator Center

Ferrari Store Milan opened its new Simulator Center
    The three floor Ferrari Store in Milan Italy located at Via Berchet opened up a brand new Simulation center. The store features four full motion F1 simulators where customers will be able to experience the thrill of driving a race car on five different race tracks.

Ferrari Driver Academy talent Antonio Fuoco guided a group of select journalists and Ferrari enthusiasts through their simulation experience. From what we gathered, the Ferrari Simulators at the stores are powered by a custom version of Kunos Simulazioni’s Assetto Corsa software.

Vibe Style and tabis like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Nice, last year during my Italy vacation I visited the Ferrari Museum in Maranello and had a go with their F1 simulator running a custom AC version (Imola). It was really nice and felt realistic. It was buggy though since whenever there was an impact (curb could be enough) the FFB went away. I hope they have a better one because I kept calling for the instructor/operator to reset the car instead of racing. I still put in a decent lap or two but I was angry afterwards since they charge 25 € for 7 minutes (!) in a bugged simulator :-D

17. Anyone else notice an old version of Silverstone in that video? About 0:08 seconds in:

[​IMG]

claudiopolez and ears1991 like this.
  18. If Kunos have such a close relationship with Ferrari, I hope this means that getting the road version of the Ferrari 599 into Assetto Corsa will not be a problem. Yeah, I know. Broken record.......blah blah blah ;)

claudiopolez and victor86 like this.
  19. We knew that. ;)