1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Assetto Corsa vs Project Cars.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Stevesixty7, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Loved PJC last year, i tried Assetto Corsa and i will never came back.

2. It's funny that as pcars lot's of people say it's the best game and will ever be. Because they came from Forza and GT.
    Pcars it's a great game and I will always go back to drive my fav tracks and cars there.
    One example shows very easy the difference. Take a GT3 and run a lap on the Nordschleife. In assetto corsa you feel the grip and suspension and every mistake it's your own fault. In pcars in never manage to get a clean lap because the tires and suspension never gave me a feeling of safety.

3. ashasha

ashasha Rookie

PCARS has much better immersion especially using UDP with 3rd party apps like Crew Chief, but it is not the same driving experience as AC. I don't know if it is all down to physics and FFB, but I feel what the car is doing much better and I can react to it to correct it much easier. With PCARS it is more like I have to memorize what is going to happen on a track and if I am off of my line there is no telling what is going to happen and when it does I can't fix it in time. With AC I can hop on a new track and get around pretty good because I feel what is happening and react. Of course the lap times won't be great without practice, but my point is that in real life you can usually drive a car down the road without it crashing if you haven't ever been on that road before.

Now I love having options, but like others have said PCARS FFB setup is ridiculous. Almost everyone starts out with JackSpade's setup anyway so it makes no sense to not have that as an option to load instead of having to manually put in every damn setting just to drive a car the first time. I just don't get how bad the default FFB settings are....it makes absolutely no sense to have the default experience be so poor.

With that said I love AC, but if I want to get sweaty and have my heart pounding through my chest a few laps in PCARS does it every time. I don't know if it's because it's harder, but I do know that it is more intense.

Bultaco85 and Chris White like this.
  4. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

Pjc is a good competition simulation vs ia.
    Ac is a driving simulation at 100%.
    However pjc's Career at 100 difficulty is easier than AC one.
    Im struggle to reach gold in Ac at alien.

5. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I just want to chime in to say that I would be 100% OK if there was a dedicated forum for Assetto Corsa vs Simulator X discussions.

This thread started out with the question, "Why do I find the cars harder to drive in ProjectCARS," but has devolved in to a directionless echo-chamber of people blurting out their reason du jour that one is better than the other. It's completely unproductive. No one listens to the other; they simply look for whatever reason they're right and the other person is wrong, rinse, repeat.

Stevesixty7, if you genuinely want to know why you find ProjectCARS harder to drive, then your question is probably best posed at the ProjectCARS forum. It seems your question was not an honest one though. It was rhetoric intended to start yet another pointless rabbit hole over whether one is better than the other. Hint: neither is "better", because "better" is relative to one's intended goals. If you goal is enjoyment, and you find ProjectCARS more enjoyable, then by all means, play ProjectCARS.

Everyone else, remember that not everyone wants the same things out of life. Arguments over what's more "realistic" might as well be discussions over whether we all perceive the color blue the same way. It's impossible for you to step inside another person's experience, try not to take offense from other people's experiences and preferences.

6. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I see no reason to have to choose either or: Project CARS GOTY is often on sale for $30 USD and has all the DLC. It's an easy $20 pickup because of how mush is in the game. It drives well with a wheel once you tune each car individually, but (for me at least) that's a 30-45 minute process per car.

Asseto Corsa with a wheel is just a great driving experience out of the box. There are tons of quirks like how races ends and puts you in the pits until everyone finishes.

I have tried online, but I can't imagine either Project Cars or Assetto Corsa public lobbies are much fun with all the wracking ball drivers out there. I have a hard enough time with Forza Horizon 3 drivers and in that game encourages chaos (though you don't really get point for crashing others, you just get a head and they never catch up). I imagine those folks really hate it when they get banned from AC lobbies.

bradleyland likes this.
  7. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

After getting AC in early access I was wondering about the hype made over PCars, so I bought that as well .
    Tinkered around with the FFB to get it more AC-like ( nuanced, detailed, yet firm and strong enough without permanently clipping like a monkey on speed) until I had that nearly-fitting FFB setup ... took me about 5 afternoons after work to get FFB to work like I wanted it ...

Then came the "proper" playtesting sessions ...
    Setups : Barely any notice of change after switching around the values ... drove all cars with 0 aero because the aero was still there. Setting up your car had way less impact than in AC ... at least I felt barely any difference, whereas in AC slight corrections of the "wrong" value" bring you right into the "dangerzone" on some cars, making them barely controllable anymore .

And after fiddling around another 3 full days with setups I gave up on PCars ... for me it´s a nice actionracer (Grid, anyone^^) with some settings and a beautifully looking engine/world, but comparing it to AC is harsh for PCars (and vice cersa) since they have so differing fields of expertise, namely AC being the "realer" sim, while PCars is the damn shmexy looking racingtitle .

paul_wev likes this.
  8. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

This is demonstrably wrong. Go record your lap times with and without aero and show us how there is no difference. If there is a fair criticism of pCARS, it is that it favors low-drag, low-downforce setups, but to say the setups have no effect on the cars is just a straight up falsehood.

Henry_T23 likes this.
  9. AC is easier to drive than PCars like it is in real life. Most cars in PCars are just undrivable. In real life, if you are not too fast, cars are easy to drive. However, AC become very hard if you trying to get close to the real life lap time done by pro racer. In PCars also cars are hard to catch once you lost them but they also have way too much grip, as the Formula C and Formula Rookie and it's almost impossible to drift a M135... even in the rain. Tracks are inaccurate and too much flat. What I like in PCars more than AC is the stronger FFB, wether, day-nigth. PCars is a very fun racing game, while AC is more a seriouse driving simulator. I dont' use AC as a racing simulator but as a driving sim.

10. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

I never had the impression that Pcars was harder than AC, or vice versa. AC does feel like a more nuanced driving experience than pcars, but not by that much, to be honest.

The force feedback settings in Pcars make a massive difference though, and unfortunately the default settings are terrible; the jack spade ones not much better. I have found much better force feedback settings that are right for me and it makes Pcars very sim and very enjoyable.

The hardest sim I've ever played is Dirt Rally, by far. Man, the Lancia Stratos with no assists and with heel and toeing drains the life out of me after 4-5 stages.

TitzonToast likes this.
  11. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Harder is subjective, what is objective is that the tyre model in PCars is less forgiving than the tyre model in AC.

That opens a big can'o worms about which one is more realistic though of course........

12. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Yeah, the which one is more realistic discussions never end well.

13. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I think it's ultimately subjective, I know which one I feel is closer to reality though, but there are so many things that go into that feeling, I can totally understand why others might not think so.

That said, the road car tyre model in PCars is utter rubbish whichever way you slice it!!!.

14. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Here's a quite good explained comparison between Assetto and Pcars tyre model and which behaves more "realistic"

Second part as extra.

Bultaco85 and ShredatorFIN like this.
  15. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

The roadcars in Pcars are a very mixed bag; some feel quite convincing, and some are pretty terrible. Plus I think the roadcars in Pcars seem to have too much tendency towards oversteer generally, and this coupled with the less progressive than AC loss of grip, can make for some very interesting and sometimes frustrating experiences.

The racecars in Pcars are very enjoyable though, and I don't find them significantly different to AC.

Stevesixty7 and ppbucko like this.
  16. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

100% agree, the physics in Dirt Rally are top notch.
    Which ffb settings do you use for PCars please?

17. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

If assetto corsa (console) could match the FOV settings, look to apex feature, depth of field effects and cockpit cam shake that you get in Project cars they'd be neck and neck for me.

As it is now, I get that the FFB, tyre model and general physics is better in AC but I don't get the sense of immersion I get from PC even if those effects are not strictly accurate simulations of real life.

And I know insisting on fully laser scanned tracks is all very noble and stuff but, personally, I'd be happier with more tracks if not always 100% accurate. Maybe introduce some non laser scanned tracks with a view to replacing them over time with their official scanned counterparts later on when time and financials allow.

Luke7 and paul_wev like this.
  18. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Indeed, dirt rally is a masterpiece and I hope they make more with the same uncompromising sim philosophy.

As for my force feedback settings, these are very personal settings that I was forced to develop when I switched from my malfunctioning t300 to the g29.

The jack spade settings for some reason felt pretty good with the t300, but I really didn't like them with the g29.

So really, unless you you are using the g29 you might not like my settings and they might cause some clipping.

In any case, let me know if you want them and I'll give you the basic template that you'll be able to fine tune to you liking and to suit each individual car.

19. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Basically...take project cars...give it Porches, ferraris and AC driving physics and FFB and you have the perfect game (or sim..whatever you want to call it)

ppbucko and paul_wev like this.
  20. gixerman1277

gixerman1277 Rookie

On ps4 assetto corsa is n arcade racer and pcars is an actual sim....with wheel rig pcars is just amazing can setup everything to minutia wheel pedals cars etc etc and udp, ac? Meh good arcade diversion you can drive around a Track