1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Auto clutch glitch on road cars

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by MakaveliA7X, Dec 11, 2016.

1. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, ever since v1.09 on xbox ,only the road cars with paddle shift auto clutch gets enabled somehow. I have always ran with it off and still do but now the clutch is unresponsive and the new pedal input bars shows its being done automatically and I like to use it in certain situations but now it don't work.

Am I the only one that this is happening to cuz I don't see any other posts about this paticular issue.

so far I tested 6 road cars and 4 gt3 cars and the gt cars work as intentionally

I have the g920 with shifter

Hopefully it's an easy fix

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting M4 gt3 autoclutch Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Autoclutch for Gamepad users Nov 1, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Clutch is auto? Jan 12, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Manual Clutch not working if Engine Start is set to Automatic Oct 13, 2018
    Chit Chat Room If i disable auto-clutch it still works... Dec 24, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Weird upshift behavior with Auto clutch on? Jul 6, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Very slow autoclutch with M235i Apr 8, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Corvette C7 autoclutch Apr 2, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues No autoclutch for the NA MX5 Mar 22, 2017
    General modding discussion Modded automatic cars die when put into gear / needs clutch Feb 11, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Chevrolet Corvette C7 auto clutch at 2300rpm Jan 18, 2017
    Bug reports Automatic blip and automatic clutch not working Jan 10, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues This auto-clutch isn't an auto-clutch Jan 5, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Auto-Clutch active in rare situation Nov 25, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Auto clutch Oct 30, 2016

3. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

I'm having a hard time understanding your description. Can you give an example car and your settings (auto clutch on/off)? I'm happy to do some testing to verify whether it's an issue on PS4 too.

4. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Basically he is saying you can't engage the foot clutch on many cars with sequential shifting...the Porsche 911 s is one such example (of many)

bradleyland and MakaveliA7X like this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You can only use the clutch manually with cars that have a clutch pedal/paddle IRL.

Of course all manual cars and some race cars, like GT3/GT2 or modern single seaters, that have a manual clutch to start and after that shift without disengaging the clutch.

Road and race cars with a double clutch or automatic gearbox don't have a manual clutch and so these have the auto-clutch.

This was changed fairly recent on the pc too, so I guess this was included in the recent update.

bradleyland likes this.
  6. MakaveliA7X

It's just I like to hold the clutch to put in neutral while I'm still in first or second gear and release to do a burnout or get that boost around a slow corner but now the clutch dosent engage when I press it .

Now I'm not sure if these cars have a clutch in real life but I'm almost positive the nissan gtr does but apparently not in game v1.09

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The Nissan GT-R road car does not have a clutch pedal.

8. MakaveliA7X

Ok awesome thanks for reply if I only had the money to buy some of these cars n see well that's good to know that it's probably not a glitch and it's more my incompetence haha

Pleite likes this.
  9. bradleyland

bradleyland Hardcore Simmer

Any road car equipped with paddle shifters will not have a clutch. In real life, these cars have either a dual-clutch, automatically actuated transmission, or a standard torque-converter automatic with "sport" programming. Neither of these transmissions have a clutch pedal in any road application.

Many race cars (GT3 and up) with paddle shifters have a clutch, but it's only intended for use when getting the car going. The transmissions in these cars are fundamentally different than a road car though. They are true sequential-manual transmissions. These transmissions often have no syncro-mesh mechanism, and cannot be shifted normally (slowly) with manual clutch actuation. The reason is that a synchro-mesh transmissions aren't as durable (the synchro clutches wear out) as a properly shifted dogbox, so significant engineering effort is required for a synchro-mesh transmission to survive an endurance race.

More info: Autozine Technical School - Transmission

In the past, it was possible to use the clutch with the paddle-shifter equipped road cars, but this was actually what I would consider the "glitch".

liakjim and Schnipp like this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Exactly, previous of the patch it was simply wrong to have control over the clutch in the cars that don't have it IRL.

bradleyland likes this.
  11. MakaveliA7X

Ya that's where I didn't realise it wasn't supposed to be and thought it had it then after 1.09 it wasn't there I thought it was wrong but turns out it was me that was wrong the entire time . lol

I usually do research before posting and obviously should have this time around

Thanks for the info

bradleyland, Nick Moxley and Schnipp like this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

It was discussed on the PC area, but the console gamers don't have access to that.

I just always thought it was weird from the beginning.

13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Thanks for having a level head, most threads dont turn out this politely as most people dont want to admit there wrong, but Again Very well handled Makaveli. :)