1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Beginners question., what do DRS and cycle TC mean?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by theflashinglight, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Also, Steering Speed, steering filter, steering gamma?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Career-beginners questions Oct 17, 2019
    ACC General Discussions How to gain good rep in ACC (Beginners Guide) Nov 2, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Setup Guide for Beginners May 9, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC Screenshots Beginners' Guide Dec 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Developer Minolin just posted playlist of his Tutorials for beginners in ACC (GERMAN language) Apr 16, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Beginners guide to Assetto Corsa? Dec 21, 2017
    Suggestions Nord for beginners Apr 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Practice server for beginners? Apr 10, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Beginners guide to triple monitor setup Sep 18, 2015
    Chit Chat Room League: seat leon beginners cup Feb 16, 2015
    General modding discussion How to create your own showroom video guide / for beginners Jan 31, 2015
    Tracks modding Track building for beginners Jun 16, 2014
    Screens & Videos Zonda R - Monza Hot lap with tips for beginners Dec 18, 2013
    Chit Chat Room Question? Apr 26, 2024
    ACC General Discussions Small question about time multiplier / offline Apr 16, 2024

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

DRS = Drag Reduction System : Some cars ( Ferrari F138, McLaren P1 for example) use systems like this to allow drivers more topspeed on long straights by turning wings "flatter" so they have less drag, less grip but higher top speed .

Cycle TC = switching through all available TC (TractionControl, allows to adjust slip of driven wheels to personal preference) modes via button

Steering Speed = (I guess this is from joypad setup ?) How fast your controller will react to your steering inputs

Steering filter = dont know, sry

Steering gamma = to adjust your controller input so that your steering is either quicker or slower than your input (so the steering is consisently slower or faster over the whole way of travel) : higher gamma should make your steering inputs be way quicker than your actual controller inputs and vice versa if I figured that one out correctly .

Sorry if I was wrong somewhere !
    Maybe one of the joypad users on here can tell you more about the different joypad setup options .

4. Steering Filter: If you controller is jittery or has input spikes, you would add some filter to filter out those spikes. If your controller is not spiking you do not need any filtering.

DRS (F1 Cars): There are DRS Zones (usually on straights) on the tracks where you press the DRS button to open the wing and reduce drag.

Above: Open
    Below: Closed

[​IMG]

5. I should add that when Cycling through TC (Traction Control), the lower number have more assistance, and the higher number get less assistance, then Off obviously means TC is providing no assistance.

Some cars TC is simply on/off, others (especially higher performance stuff and many race cars (GT3/GT2)) have many levels of TC and ABS. Note that real life race drivers almost always make use of Traction Control if allowed, so don't feel you have to turn it off to be a hero.

IRL, the higher assistance TC levels (thats low numbers, I know, confusing), are usually saved for wet tracks or slippery surfaces, where the low assistance are used for dry races, and of course each driver has a different preference.

This is the same for ABS (low number allow little slip before kicking in, high number allow the wheel to get closer to locking), again preference.

For me, in a quali run I'll have TC turned very high (so low assistance) or sometimes off if I just want to have fun. In a race though, I usually have it set between 6/12 and 10/12, which allows some slip but takes care of the big wheelspins, helping me keep the tyres in check.

Hope that helps :)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  6. Rocket77

Rocket77 Gamer

DRS, is as described above. It's function allows the horizontal flap, on the rear wing to collapse, reducing longitudinal down force, giving you a significant advantage, and greater straight line speed. Do not activate DRS whilst cornering.

EMW SMILER likes this.