1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Best way to recording AC replays

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by almarm, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Are you planning on uploading them to a site? If not why not just save the race replay after you finish your session? The reply files are tiny compared to any video capturing software.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

For AC definitely OBS with NVENC encoder. If you use Nvidia shadowplay directly, it present microstutter in the recording so it's best to avoid using it for best recording performance. For AMD you can use VCE encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework), maybe require to download plugin.

3. almarm

almarm Racer

No upload plans, records are for myself. That's my idea: save before race (I made a confusion with my first post). But still set a big replay size in general options has impact on system memory, hasn't it?

Another question is: can I save my replay before an online session?

4. almarm

almarm Racer

"Save after race", that's what I wanted to say... :)

5. jarqus

jarqus Racer

@MrDeap

Just trying OBS now.
    I have a 1070 gtx
    When I select nvenc codec it won't start to record. But if I select h264 it will record fine.

How do I get this other codec to work.

Thanks.

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I use x264 for streaming due to compatibility issue, but for recording I use NVENC H.264 20161116090325_1.jpg

7. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Since we have this topic, there's something that is bothering me for a while. My recordings aren't smooth/fluent, tried different software, even thought it might be GPU because I had that issue on my old 7850 but it's the same with 970. What can be a cause of that? HDD? Some software settings?
    Any help would be appreciated.

8. I actually had quite a bit of trouble such as you recently after, I think 1.9. The smoothest result was achieved with Adaptive Vsync Forced On, and Triple Buffering.

9. Stereo FTW:

10. jarqus

jarqus Racer

Thanks MrDeap, but still cant get it to record a 3d application. It wont let me select nvenc. Do i need anything else installed?
    I can record desktop with software encoder, but that is it. Do you know of a good tutorial anywhere?

11. Orne

Orne Alien

Black screen when trying to record a game ? I had a similar issue. OBS was recording the launcher instead of assettocorsa.exe I believe. I had to alt tab then choose asssettocorsa.exe in the taskbar . I didnt have good performance with OBS so I went back to Shadow play

12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

On OBS the game run on a different application than the game launcher(AssettoCorsa.exe). You have to alt tab when the car is on the track to be able to select the right application to record which is (ACS.exe).

AssettoCorsa.exee=Game Launcher
    ACS.exe=Game

I usually choose [windows capture] AssettoCorsa.exe & put the [game capture] above with ACS.exe.

To use NVENC, Geforce Experience probably have to be installed.

Orne likes this.
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Thanks, I tried your tip but still same issue. It looks like recorded with <30 fps, runs a bit in slow motion at times, while it's butter smooth when recording and locked at 60fps with Adaptive V-Sync.
    Not sure where to look for the cause of that.

14. Hmm. If AC looks butter smooth while recording, then for some reason the recording process isn't working well. My issue was with AC not being buttery smooth.

Have you tried some different capture programs? Mirillis Action has a free trial. I can definitely recommend it.

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Yeah I tried OBS. Anyway it seems to be OK-ish. The "raw" - recorded video (Shadowplay) still had some issues, but I used Handbrake mentioned by someone here on the forum. Mainly to reduce the size but it seems it also helped with making the video smooth. It's in the spoiler.

Thanks for the tips.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  16. That replay looks pretty smooth. I wonder if OBS is recording variable frame rate? Did you set the converted video in Handbrake to a constant frame rate?

17. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Not sure about OBS, I tried it couple of days ago and that was my answer to your question about other software, should have been more clear about it in previous post. The replay that I posted above was recorded with Shadowplay and then I used Handbrake. And yes I ticked the constant frame rate option in Handbrake, not sure if it's good or not, but I thought it's better to set it like that.

18. Vel

Vel Simracer

Played around with OBS last night. Initially had blackscreens with just an audio track when trying to record. The solution was setting up a profile for AC in the "Sources" section of the primary OBS UI.
    Essentially - go Game Capture, capture specific window, capture via executable.
    Then get AC fully active on track and tab-out. in OBS in the same UI, select the now visible acs.exe in the executable pulldown.
    Return to AC and exit the sim completely. In OBS save the profile for AC and rename it AC or whatever you wish.

In OBS' settings, go to output, select the "Recording" tab, set some conservative values at first with NVENC. Finally go the hotkeys section and create two hotkeys to start & stop recording.

With OBS setup and running, the AC "source" clicked on (a small red circle should appear in the OBS preview window) just once, and running in the background, start AC as usual. Get onto a track or similar part of the actual simulator engine (acs.exe). Do NOT tab out of AC. Use the hotkey you set up earlier to start the recording process. Begin driving/racing/or playing a saved replay. When your time on track (and running acs.exe) is complete, use the stop recording hotkey you set up earlier.

Back in the launcher, feel free to alt tab to OBS's main window, take a look at the video file in your saved videos' directory.

Getting the most from the capture seems to be a bit of an art where you are balancing bitrate and quality of encoding. Most notably, bitrate can have quite the impact on file size/fluidity of recorded video.

(FWIW, i don't use GeForced Experience, or any of the extra software the drivers are available with aside from PhysX)

Jadonyx likes this.
  19. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Does anyone know how to remove that text ontop of the screen when you switch to F3 cameras ?

luchian likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Not possible AFAIK :(

Heeelp, anyone else having problems with nvidea adaptive v sync? it isnt working in AC anymore on my PC :( AC looks all stuttery and I've never been able to achieve good results with ingame frame cap.