1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Blue flag - high priority

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ziozeus, Sep 10, 2014.

1. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

As of thread title.
    I've done a search but couldn't find anything here in suggestion topic

My suggestion is: give it a high priority :)

I know someone must have talk about blue flag... but I'm coming now from a 5 races in a row where I was struggling to compete with someone and really enjoing the nice outcome of a race and than got frustrated by some other guy joining at middle race and ruining my race not letting me pass. Sure those are stupid guys, how can you keep someone behind when you joined a started race? But all the same a blue flag could help letting him know I did not join middle race like him and mabye will educate his mind in a while..

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay AI Blue Flag Behaviour after v1.10 Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Blue flags not working during final lap? Mar 28, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Blue flag at starting line Jan 12, 2022
    ACC Gameplay No Blue Flags After Clock Reaches 00:00 Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Brands Hatch AI Blue Flag Collision (1.6.3) Nov 27, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer No blue flag after leader has finished the GT3&GT4 race Nov 16, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Set AI to ignore blue flags please Aug 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer BLUE FLAG PENALTY NOW! May 3, 2020
    Bug reports BLUE FLAG PENALTY NOW! May 3, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Ignoring Blue Flag - starting from pits Mar 26, 2020
    ACC Gameplay So this is how AI handles blue flags huh... Mar 18, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.1.2] car racing for position blue flag Nov 17, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI blue flags Oct 6, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI disqualified, blue flag and SA rating Sep 18, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Problem blue flag AI with update 1.0.8 Sep 17, 2019

3. alex72

alex72 Alien

lol.

Yeah, we all want flags and better rules. Kunos knows. Tons of threads about this and i think Kunos got the message. What they will do however no one knows.

Nyowa225 and osy1950 like this.
  4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Yep public multiplayer is just pointless for now, full of idiots, voting system is useless as the damage is already done by the time someone is voted off

osy1950 and jjmaxxracing like this.
  5. If somebody joins mid-race and doesn't get out of the way of anybody around them what makes you think a blue flag icon is going to make them race any different?

Horus likes this.
  6. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Blue flags should be pretty easy to implement, but black flags are needed too.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

It matters little without admin controls. You may as well wave the white flag till that happens. Still do you really think a flag will make idiots behave? Come on, flags are of no value at all except for those that care about other racers. Wreckers wreck, idiots just mess you about, flags will just flag when they encounter m0r0ns.

8. beingy

beingy Racer

i agree we need blue flags.

9. Horus

Horus Alien

I want yellow, red and white stripy ones, black with white spots, orange... Come on do you really think flags are going to make any difference at all? If you are a fair racer you know where you are and give way, if you are a bit of a right hand obsessive wrist jerker you will not give a pile of brown smelly stuff about anything being waved infront of you. Admin control is needed more than anything right now, with the ability to give admin rights to people on the server via the chat function. Flags! Come now do you really think that will change peoples behaviour?

10. Peter Molnar

Peter Molnar Simracer

Flags and added time penalty on results (not during race) would be awesome. But sadly, you can't help the stupid gamers. The only thing they are noticing, when they get kicked from the server. If you want competition and peace, join into a league. Teamspeak is an other solution until we get flags, but that isn't works with "free-room" gamers either.

11. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Agreed, blue flags won't do much...but black flags for driving the wrong way, reversing on the circuit and cutting more than three times in a race would certianly help get retards off the racing line.

osy1950 and beingy like this.
  12. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

What we need is admins with missile launchers watching the MP public races so if someone wants to drive like a complete ***** they get blown off the track... Problem solved :eek::D

DaveRS and Lucas - Xtremepsionic like this.
  13. That's the only idea that's gonna work so far I think! As much as I want blue flags, everyone's correct here, it won't do anything to prevent people who don't give a **** crashing/blocking you.

I got punted off the track every single race I've had in public MP so far, yeah it's pretty terrible. Only some sort of system wide racer ranking system will prevent this, which means you gotta join a league of some sort.

14. Horus

Horus Alien

I'm sorry I seems to have made a huge mistake. Last night I went to bed and had the most horrendous nightmare about flags. I now have to agree the most terrifying thing in the world is having a flag waved at you. It will scare the living crape paper out of all these wreckers and ner-do-wells. What was I thinking when I said we need Admin controls, obviously a flag is a far better and scary thing to do to those naughty sim killers.

15. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Blue flags would only help in the situation where the car in front doesn't realise the car behind is lapping him. As for people joining mid race, well that's a separate argument all together. I would argue that you shouldn't be allowed to join mid race, or at the very most join, but you are not allowed to leave pit lane until the race is over.

Horus and fioc like this.
  16. DaveRS

DaveRS Racer

Sitting above the track in an Apache could work... I'll put my hand up for that job :D

17. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Yeah this solves several problems, we still need an automated way to punish idiot rammers etc, although I guess damage should do most of the job, and the idiots will stick to no damage servers

kakusso likes this.
  18. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

game needs full flag rules and server options for kick/ban they need to remove the silly vote to kick option and change the entire lobby system,somthing like gtr2 or gt legends dedicated server is whats needed.then if say your hosting you can just click on a ****ty player and kcick ban them job done.

osy1950 likes this.
  19. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

Pretty easy, if he ignores Blue flag for some time, than give him drive through or kick.

20. TCLF

TCLF Alien

thus we need admins.

21. ziozeus

ziozeus Racer

I wrote ... "sure those are stupid guys, how can you keep someone behind when you joined a started race? But all the same a blue flag could help letting him know I did not join middle race like him and mabye will educate his mind in a while.."

Did you read?

I chatted with those guys after those episodes and many times they were unaware of what they caused to me.
    Don't understimate ignorance and overconsider stupid wrek attitude.
    And, why is sometimes governaments make advertising on TV or by other mean about good social behaviours?
    Don't understimate education possibilities and good human nature.

Peace ;)

Lucas - Xtremepsionic likes this.