1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Brake and throttle on buttons are not possible?

Discussion in 'Steering wheels discussions' started by peter13sd125, Aug 24, 2018.

1. peter13sd125

peter13sd125 Rookie

Hello to all "Assetto Corsa" friends.

I have a problem with the steering wheel adjustment at "Assetto Corsa".

I noticed that it is not possible to configure throttle and brake on 2 buttons.

I need this attitude because unfortunately I have a disability.
    Unfortunately, I can not move my legs anymore.

And that's why I have to use the throttle and brake on 2 buttons.
    Can someone help me to configure it?
    Or is there perhaps a patch or update?

I have tried it with the tool "Xpadder", but unfortunately it does not work.

I use the steering wheel "Logitech Formula Force EX USB".

I would be happy to receive any help that will help me.
    I have not bought "Assetto Corsa" yet.
    Because I tested it with my friend first.
    But I think the game is very good and I would like to buy it.
    But with the problem of steering wheel adjustment, I can not use it unfortunately.
    I hope someone here can help me.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Cannot remap throttle / brakes on gamepad Nov 27, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Why does this game force me to use R2/L2 for throttle/Brake (Analouge Controller) Aug 12, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Throttle and Brake Linearity settings like F1 games Mar 28, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Throttle/brake always active problem resolve guide. Dec 13, 2020
    ACC Physics Sudden loss of speed with 100% throttle [riding the brakes] Nov 19, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Driver Model stops pressing brake pedal with simultaneous throttle input Aug 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fanatec Brake and Throttle constant rumble [revisited] Jul 20, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Pc throttle and brake mapping to Xbox controller right stick. Fixed. Jul 2, 2020
    Console Lounge TMX wheel, no steering,no throttle, no brake. Jun 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Throttle/Brake mapping Jun 23, 2020
    ACC User Interface *Fixed* Throttle, brake,clutch HUD needs frame and indicator Jan 20, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Brakes always on if off throttle Jan 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Throttle and brake pedal are the same input problem Dec 22, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot Configure both Throttle and Brake Oct 17, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Need combined Throttle/Brake Axis for Joystick control please! Sep 25, 2018

3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Unfortunately it’s not possible to bind an axis to a button.
    You would need to modify your wheel to access the 2 axis from your wheel.

4. peter13sd125

peter13sd125 Rookie

This is very disappointing that it is not possible to use 2 buttons for throttle and brake.
    And that for a price of 40 euros.
    For other games, such as rFactor, rFactor2, Automobilista and many others, it is possible.
    As "Assetto Corsa" should really take an example.
    I would send a message to the manufacturers, but unfortunately I can not find contact data.

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Do you really want an on/off switch as throttle and brake? I don’t think it’s feasible in a racing sim.

6. peter13sd125

peter13sd125 Rookie

Yes, certainly it is feasible.
    Like I already wrote.
    It is also possible with simulator games rFactor, rFactor 2 and Automobilista.
    It is possible to put the throttle and the brake on buttons.
    And it works very well.
    I've been using this feature for a long time.
    Because I have a disability and unfortunately can not move my legs.
    And that's why I can not ride with pedals and need throttle and brake on 2 buttons on the steering wheel.

7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well, @AC Support may be prepared to answer you here, despite the fact that your question is essentially a pre-sales enquiry.

8. peter13sd125

peter13sd125 Rookie

Thank you for the information.
    I just hope that AC Support reads this topic and will solve this problem.
    Because not only I have the problem.
    Also many others have already indicated this problem.
    It must be possible to create a patch or update for it.
    I think then the sale of the game would continue to increase ;-))

9. Nao

Nao Alien

@peter13sd125 It can be done with vJoy and UCR (universal control remapper) thou it takes a bit of tinkering (both combined basically give more powerful version of Xpadder).

I don't think throttle being on off would be any problem at all, heck at some point Alonso shortened his throttle pedal travel just to hit 100% faster :p. But brakes yeah, thou he can use more than one button. For example even 2 buttons could allow a choice between 0% , 10%, 80%, and 100% braking for example, if we combine this with downshifts and ABS it would probably be enough to get some WRs with enough practice.

Neilski likes this.
  10. No idea if this can be an option, but I once owned a Thrustmaster steering wheel that had 4 palettes, 2 at each side of the wheel, and I kept using 2 of them for shifting, and the 2 others for throttle and brake input.
    They had a progressive input (I guess a potentiometer, since they were recognized as Axis by the software) and after a while that configuration felt perfectly natural.
    The wheel was a pretty cheap one, I can't remember the name right now. It didn't even have a proper force feedback (it had just a rubber string inside to counter resist a bit during steering movements).
    Maybe a 4 palettes wheel could solve the configuration problem and it could offer a finer control than buttons.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.