1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

brake gamma!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dubbsta78, Apr 9, 2014.

1. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

just wanted to share this: i have the logitech driving force pro, not the best but pretty good.
    the pedals are pretty flimsy and im heavy footed, and i was having a bad time braking for a while, so, frustrated i played with brake gamma and set it a bit past 3 and my cornering feels much better! maybe this will help someone:)

Eduardo Aguiar and Rhino3 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake Gamma change not working Jul 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake Gamma - am I crazy if 5 feels good? Jul 6, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake gamma Sep 6, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals what do you use @Fanatec V3 brake gamma? Sep 5, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Trying to understand brake gamma Mar 18, 2017
    Suggestions Brake Gamma for gPad controllers Nov 16, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues brake gamma Jun 19, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Advanced brake curve/gamma control (excel tool) Mar 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Brake gamma(most common set up) Feb 22, 2015
    Suggestions Add brake gamma to garage Jan 3, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Help with Brake Gamma May 10, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Brake always on slightly. Jan 29, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Is a desired brake trace possible with Fanatec V3 pedals? Dec 10, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Getting brake data to look right in Track Attack Dec 4, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Bias Backwards? Nov 28, 2023

3. Eduardo Aguiar

Eduardo Aguiar Hardcore Simmer

After fiddling with dead zone in logitech menu and braking gamma, I started to have better results too but still too sensitive braking.

4. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Good to hear! gonna play with deadzone see what that does for me.

5. Eduardo Aguiar

The good about the deadzone is that when you hit 1mm the brake, your car does not explode. :p

6. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

Lol Can u tell me your deadzone and ill go from there

7. Eduardo Aguiar

I´m using 35% right now but feels like it's not working well. I don´t know if it´s really modifying the game settings.

8. Juutas

Juutas Racer

I have G27. Original pedals are too stiff. Pushing pedal and i am going back half a meter... :p
    I have straight braking curve (braking gamma 0?) Need to tweak too some software. Lotus Exos for example locks always brakes when braking in corner... Played very little thou with my new G27. Few hours so far without touching settings except one settings that admin have putted in Logitech topic.
    But overall braking is "easier" than iRacing.

9. marlo0081

marlo0081 Hardcore Simmer

Morning guys, I have the DFGT which I have slightly tweaked the brake spring on, to good results. Brake gamma above 2.3 seems to help as did setting the sensitivity for the brake pedal to 100% in the profiler.

10. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

i know socks are recommended unless you have brake mods then wear shoes

11. A straight braking curve (should actually be brake gamma 1) is for load cell brakes.....a brake curve of 2.5 - 3.5 should be used for non-load cell pedals.

12. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

that makes sense and definitely worked for me, do you know how to tighten up the deadzone in steering, it feels like a slight delay and steering gamma makes it worse.
    i dont see a deadzone option

13. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Racer

I used to play in my socks... then winter came... so I started wearing my shoes. At first is felt so strange but after time my muscles adapted to it and now I always wear my shoes. As with most things, your body adapts. Not having any problems with the braking now.

14. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Anyone have a good brake gamma setting for stock t500RS pedals please?

15. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

id say if you feel like youre braking to hard raise it to about 2.5 to 3.5 like hornbukle said
    if theres a good amount a resistance raise it a little less i guess but if you have a brake mod or if its has full resistance at the pedal set it to zero as you wouldnt need to compensate for anything

Phil64 likes this.
  16. Not sure about a DFP but for a DFGT setting overall strength in profiler to 107% gets rid of any steering deadzone. Try it and see if it helps.

17. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Thanks for that. I watched Ben C replays from Silverstone and how late he's braking into Vale is much later than I can hold it together!

18. dubbsta78

dubbsta78 Racer

nah, didnt notice a difference, i even went higher to see, it seems like all it did was raise the gain though.

i know its not supposed to be twitch response but i can sense a hair of latency...and yeah its bugging me lol!