1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Bug - Auto exposure making the game too dark

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by MGR, Sep 3, 2016.

1. MGR

MGR Rookie

Under certain lighting conditions the game is automatically adjusting the exposure levels so dark it's almost unplayable. The following screens are from the exact same spot using the various camera options available.

Hood
    [​IMG]

Bumper
    [​IMG]

Dash
    [​IMG]

Cockpit
    [​IMG]

Follow
    [​IMG]

Follow 2
    [​IMG]

The exposure slowly adjusts in game as you cycle between the various views. If you cycle from the Follow 2 cam to the Hood cam and take a snapshot immediately (before the game has time to adjust the exposure) it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    and the original for side-by-side comparison:
    [​IMG]

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Auto exposure issue when cars following at night Dec 2, 2018
    Suggestions Idea to fix autoexposure woes Dec 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Autoexposure May 16, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Autoexposure at lower speed Dec 9, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Oculus rift dk2 and auto exposure (hdr) always on Dec 8, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Whenever I try to play it automatically sets Magione and the Lotus Elise SC Oct 21, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Ideal line and autoblip on server Jul 19, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Auto ignition (set is on manual) Jan 7, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes AI-based Race Assistants with full (remote) Pitstop automation Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Automatically switch pancake screen to standby when in VR mode? Apr 21, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash EU4-AC2 or PC freeze [unstable CPU auto OC] Feb 6, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Slow downshifts with automatic gearbox Dec 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Automatically restarting session [Actual issue: session is reset when teleport from off-track] Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting M4 gt3 autoclutch Dec 3, 2021

3. BistoKid

BistoKid Racer

I have to agree here, I was playing a MP cloudy race and in areas I could not judge the braking point due to poor visibility. If this was an effect of lack of sunlight and to this degree, would my headlights not have provided adequate visibility, it was as though I was driving without them.

4. I have the same problem, really spoiling the game for me, hopefully an easy fix.

5. Richy85

Richy85 Rookie

Was looking for a work around but cant fix it, hope they patch this real quick because the moments that a track turns this dark its almost undriveable.
    Can't see the entrypoint of a corner,even when you know the track well, its incredible difficult.
    It happends a lot sadly.
    Only switching to in-car view works the best but i dont prefer that view with some cars.
    Really like my hoodcam :)

Shifter Blister and L2D Godzilla like this.
  6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Agreed +1.

7. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

are you using the "movie" ppfilter? it looks basically the same as that on pc in that view, but all other filters seem OK

8. Richy85

Richy85 Rookie

It doesnt matter, the're 4 filters on ps4, the first 2 (dont know the name) didn't do anything to the game (tried to notice differences with screenshots) then there is black and white, speaks for it self and sepia, obviously yellowish vintage screen. But they dont make any difference for the dark screen issue. Its really like the topic starter said, there is some auto exposure going on but sadly in the wrong way.

It looks like that the game "thinks" that the whitegreyish sky is soooo blinding it makes everything dark. It never happends when driving in sunny/light clouded conditions. Only with heavy clouds, dont know for sure with fog but i guess that was all ok.

ears1991 likes this.
  9. This is a real problem for me, if the weather is anything but "clear" I am struggling to see any apex, its a game spoiler, I have tried uninstalling the game and redownloading it and reinstalling it, but its still the same..hoping it gets fixed in the patch.

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

11. BBernes

BBernes Racer

I have submitted the bug to 505 support but they doesn't seem to have a solution yet.

12. muito bom saber que o problema está ocorrendo com tudo ... Eu estava pensando que era um problema para poucos. É impossível dirigir desta maneira ... Eu também espero que Kunos é repará-lo.

13. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi there, please write ALSO in english, as forum rules, so everyone can understand and follow the discussion, thank you.

14. Sorry for my failure...

"Very good to know that the problem is occurring with all ... I was thinking it was a problem for the few. It is impossible to drive this way ... I also hope Kunos is repairing it." :cool:

15. Looks like its not been fixed in the ps4 patch so I guess it won't be fixed in the Xbox patch, suggestion, maybe make all the online lobbies weather Clear, this way it does not appear to be an issue.

DrVegas likes this.
  16. DrVegas

DrVegas Gamer

I can't remember if when you are looking for an online room if it gives you this information before you join. Was playing last night and this issue was horrible.

17. One thing you can do on the green hell tourist layout for a work around is to skip session. This will change the time of day. Good luck getting everyone to vote though.

18. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

19. I wasted so much time on this thinking I had something set up incorrectly, when it turns out it's a game issue. Needs fixing soon, before I go blind.