1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Calibrating your force feedback wheel using wheelcheck and ffbclip

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Atle Dreier, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I would use the 107% for the DFGT, and target a 70% full force in Assetto Corsa. That would net you a pretty linear response.

Racert46: I am planing a spinner in the app where you can set your "target full force", which is basically what you're after. Once you set your driver value and determine your cutoff point that target won't change. :)

Sherpa25: My app require the multiplier in car setup to be 100%, it cannot check what the hardware is doing, and it is irrelevant for the app to work as intended. If you re'read my description above you will see that the app can only make sure that the software isn't clipping. In the last step you bring the two together, and eventually lower the ingame gain to prevent the hardware clipping. Once you have determined the hardware clipping point that won't change unless you change settings in the driver.

phil, sherpa25 and Racert46 like this.
  2. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Yes, I was using 100% in profiler and 50% in-game but according to the graph I will switch to 107% & 37% (thus same amount of force), which is pretty much as linear as it gets! :)

[​IMG]

GungFuLee and The Moose like this.
  3. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Excellent. That looks pretty good! :)

4. liakjim

liakjim Alien

@Atle Dreier le me ask you something. I tried 110% gain at Logitech profile for the G27 of mine.
    Then i choose 100% at general control settings and load a combo using v1.1 of yours.

If the app says that i should use 77% FFB, then i should divide that with 1.1 (77/1.1 = 70% ) in order to be correct? So i should adjust FFB inside pits settings to 70%, is that correct?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Not quite.

If you use 110% in the profiler you will see the curve for wheel max out at around 70% or so (on phone now, I'll check the graph later). So, you have two options:
    Multiply the suggested multiplier with the max hardware number(70%) and set it the main menu.
    Or you can input the hardware number in the setup multiplier and insert the suggestion directly in the main menu.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Sorry but i don't understand.
    I want to keep main menu at 100% and change value every time at different combos and save it as setup.
    Summarize :
    Logitech profile :110% (to minimise "dead zone" effect)
    AC main menu : 100% (always 100% independently of car/track)
    In pits settings : 100% (at first so that app calculates correctly)
    So i drive and let app calculate.
    If for example if it says : "you should put 77%" , what value should i put into in pits settings?
    a. 77*1.1 (because of 110% at profiler)
    or
    b. 77/1.1 (because of 110% at profiler)
    or
    c. something else

7. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Ah, I see what you want! :)

I'm a little limited in my browsing abilities on my phone, so I'm not sure if you posted your graph for your wheel at 110% in profiler. I looked up one I found by googling, and it seems to max out (the graph flattens out) at around 90%. Check your own wheel with the wheelcheck software if you haven't already, and check where it flattens out.

Use that percentage as your "modifier". So, you do this:
    Leave the Main Menu ffb gain at 100%
    Set the setup multiplier to whatever the FFBClip app comes up with, multiplied by the force percentage where your wheel graph flattens out (90% or 0.9 in this example).

So, this example: main menu at 100%, setup at 0.77*0.9=69%

8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

9. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

No, you need to see where on the graph it maxes out, what the gain says in the driver is really irrelevant.

I recently got a good look at a G25, and aside from the deadzone it's remarkably linear!

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Ok, let me tell you what i did.
    But first lets see this picture again , thanks to the measurements of @mangal G27_wheeltest_0spring_damp_multi_lin_reg_zps74b69264.png
    Using 110% at logitech profile i experienced some really strange behaviour of my G27. Also there was a really small "dead zone' around zero but it was like 0-boom-0-boom-0-boom.... Small dead zone but because there was a really sudden increase of force , that zone was really obvious and also annoying. That is the green arrow and you can see the sudden increase ( big angle).
    Also you can see the oscillation at high values (red arrows)

So this time i tried a different approach.
    I used the 80% gain at Logitech profile and let 100% inside AC in main menu and let app what will tell me.

In same combo track/car before i had 110% profile / 100% AC and app said 77% so i put 70% to in pits FFB settings.
    Now i have 80% profile / 100% AC and app said put 88% and so I did.

So almost the same value but oh boy such a difference!!!
    Before i had steps in forces, not smooth experience , and a really annoying dead zone.
    Now perfectly smooth wheel , really linear , no small steps on force and to my surprise almost no dead zone around zero ( I even did a PB!!!)

As such to all G27 users (maybe also G25), try my signature's new settings and please report back!!!

11. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

The G25 is really quite different in the response, though. Surprisingly linear, and no weird oscillation in the top region. 107% profiler is looking really good for the G25. With a 90% hardware target you are in the linear zone all the way, and decent deadzone.

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

That's weird because they share a lot of parts (but different type of gears).
    Maybe a G25 owner can share his wheel's measurements to clarify this .

13. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I have fresh measurements from a G25. They may share parts, but this is all in software, I'm sure.

Edit:
    Here's the G25 measurement. This is a well worn but good condition G25. We can see the force start to clip at around 90%. So for G25 owners I'd recommend 107% gain in the profiler and target a 90% gain in AC.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Mr Nice and Qwaribo like this.
  14. omlam

omlam Rookie

Tried this, deadzone is horrible.
    G27 is just a broken wheel without minforce option....imo.

Had a dfgt before,much better.

Belt driven next for me.

Hopefully somekind of minforce option soon from Kunos.

15. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

Gonna try first thing tomorrowmorning after the neighbors went off to work ;)

16. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Here's a bunch of different FFB strength from the applet in the Control Panel.

Attached Files:

• G25.pdf
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
  17. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Sorry, the attachment in my last post was a link.
    See you can, the G25 is quite linear, but with a big deadzone.
    I now use 94% for the AC main screen, then run Atle's app and apply with the recommendation.
    G25.jpg

18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

I really cannot understand why there is such a huge difference between G25 and G27.
    Isn't the only difference the helical gears for the G27?
    I will try to measure also my G27 to try to confirm @mangal's results.

19. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

Hi @Atle Dreier , was about to try this but AC hangs at the track loading screen, w/ any car/track combination (FFClip activated in Options->General). Car/Track loads normally though if the app is unchecked in here. Any idea why? I have AC v22.9.

EDIT: Tried it with all other apps unchecked (only FFClip checked) but still hangs.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  20. victor86

victor86 Racer

How do you make those clean looking diagrams? I've imported all the data into one excel file, but trying to make one simple diagram seems like pain in the ***. Any tips?