1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Can we please get some new REAL tracks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by naman, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You can look at R3E or iRacing to estimate the pricing and that would be around 7-15€ per track.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd totally pay that, but others wouldn't.)

2. Dando0

Dando0 Gamer

The one track i want from AC is Bathurst

there is one to download from racedepartment but don´t know if ppl does that.

Serge M and LATE4APEX like this.
  3. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

For those who think that AC is lacking on content.
    Take every car (including the variants) around every track (including the variants) at least once! I did a real rough calculation lets call it 150 cars x 37 tracks x 2.5minutes (some tracks are longer some are shorter) = 230hrs
    Now I said rough calculation give or take a few cars and the average time to complete a track, some under a minute some no less than 7 if you are an alien.
    If you are into driving you are not only going to do just one lap lets call it 5 ( for arguments sake! this takes in consideration some cares you are going to do one lap and be done with it others! well you might do 3 and go "Na" and pit it for good others you will rack up a dozen or more, then some you will thrash it for hours.) so this brings us to say 1150 hrs. This is not even taking in consideration any online racing.

So I say if you have not done 1000 hrs or more you have no leg to stand on making a statement along the lines of "AC is lacking content"
    If you attempt to do this and not even get to 230 hrs and are frustrated well then I am sorry AC is not for you, and you would be better off with another type of virtual driving or game.
    Just for clarification sake I am not stating that AC has no flaws it has.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    Berniyh, Minolin, Hagen and 3 others like this.
  4. Linus27

Linus27 Simracer

That would be a good argument if that was the point but sadly it is not. The lack of car content is not the the point being made, its the lack of tracks. Some cars simply dont interest people, me included. Some people may just want to just run GT3 or GT2 for example and would like more tracks to run in leagues, online or at home. Its like going to one restaurant and eating everything behind the bar before being allowed to move on to a next restaurant. Some people just might not like fish or chicken or in our case, might have no interest in road cars or single seaters. So not having tested every car on every track is not really valid.

aotto1977 and Gevatter like this.
  5. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Sorry mate that you miss my point.

The last time I checked that tracks were in my "rough" calculation and I believe that the your restaurant analogy is covered there too - I did mention too that you might do one lap in a car (apologies a typo "care" instead of car in my OP) you might not like. Continuing on your restaurant analogy, we are not only talking about one restaurant (track) here, one occasionally will try some dish (car) that is out of your normal taste palate and be surprised.

In my second part of my post I do state that if you have not put in the hours and are getting frustrated AC is not for you.
    Really if you want and need more tracks (you are quite entitled to want more) unfortunately, if you are on console, mods are not available to you. You would be better off with other "games" that cater for your desire for more.

I would like to add to this:
    • I did play on console, Forza Motorsport 4, I did not manage to drive every car, that did not bother me and I did not complain on the forums there was too many tracks and cars.
    • I also own Project Cars, wonderful graphics, more tracks and cars but I am not particularly fond of the "driving " feel or the way the AI behave. It now sits on my digital shelf gathering virtual dust. Once again I do not go on to their forums and demand stuff they do not have. I do not think anything less of anyone who loves Project Cars
    I really dislike this antagonism of the Console vs PC users that some folks have (both sides are guilty) It is just unfortunate that consoles have some limitations with regard to AC. It is what it is and brings a realistic driving experience to console to the level that no other developer has done to the point where the head of Turn 10 gives AC praise for its achievement.
    If you apreciate AC for what it is, enjoy it as it is. If you are on console, love the driving feel and you really must have more tracks your only option for now is get a PC and download loads of Mods to quench your thirst. If you do not want to change from the console and the want for more tracks and cars is greater than the desire for the driving feel you feel free to change to another title.
    I just do not appreciate some people these days ranting on ( the internet just makes this too easy) about things they do not have and want demand. hell man in my day if you wanted to use a computer you had to join the computer club at school, where we shared a single Sinclair ZX80 unfortunately for me I am a bad speller so coding for me was near impossible. I left the club and spent my time on something else got back to computers later when selling was not so much of an issue.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  6. IVGEN

IVGEN Rookie

good topic for conversation! and why Kunos not to make raising money for those tracks who want players.was like before the survey and made the Green Hell.now, can arrange the collection of money and to speed up the release trails??? sorry for the machine translation if that

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Crowdfunding track development would be difficult already, it's such a niche gaming genre. And now Kunos is owned by a publisher so that doesn't really fly.

8. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

If there were rain, (it is very unique to drive in the wet, in terms of car and track also), then the formula would be:

2 x (150 cars x 37 tracks x 7 minutes (some tracks are longer some are shorter also low grip lap times are slower) = 430hrs

And then add at least 5 best car mods and 5 best track mods. It takes that much time ONLY to try everything... and some combos are so exciting, can be driven for hours, and then there is online multiplayer.... Different setups, tires.... it goes up to infinity. Think about devs, they has to create that, keep in shape, and properly test before releasing, and sometimes fix stuff if things slips.