1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

career mode details??

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Whipdiddywhip, May 11, 2019.

1. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Simracer

i was wondering if there was any info on career mode? i'm hoping it'll be like the f1 games career mode and not like pcars 2 which was just a generic tier system

i can't find any information anywhere for it

mikendrix and Adastros like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Career Mode Extra Drivers? Jul 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions No points in career mode Mar 29, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Career mode vs practice mode Feb 20, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Cannot load saved game in single career mode Nov 8, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Speedrunning Career Mode TA, weird points system Jul 14, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Career mode - auto DQ for speeding in pit lane Jul 5, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Career mode - weird handling after pitstop at paul ricard Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Gameplay Driving the newer 2020 cars in Career Mode? Jan 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online/Multiplayer Races and Career Mode Aug 6, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuck at 63% in career mode Jul 4, 2021
    ACC Gameplay career mode bugs and issues May 28, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Frustrating: Bad saved setups moving from qual to race in career mode May 17, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Maybe a bug in career mode at 24 hours of SPA Mar 11, 2021
    ACC Gameplay GT3 cars have GT4 labels when single player mode is in GT4 and a career is started/continued Feb 27, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Championship mode and Career Mode issues after 1.6.5? Feb 9, 2021

3. Fr0zzen

Fr0zzen Gamer

I heard that Mirko Bortolotti will be the Main character in the career mode.

4. Axel Vogelsang

Axel Vogelsang Simracer

I think he is some sort of mentor.

SimGuy_1 likes this.
  5. plaid

plaid Alien

I believe there is info in the most recent racedepartment interview.

-The driver seems to be more of a mentor, introducing/guiding/giving tips....

-...and there is some sort of progression from amateur to pro.

-I believe somewhere I read about an engineer, but not so sure about that. Maybe part of the mentor.

-There is a bit in the release date trailer which shows a driver being on the podium or something, so a victory is visualised in that way - maybe.

With the 911 cup and Trofeo in the ga... ah sim I would hope you could enter first in the support series and progress to GT3, just asked about that in another thread.

mikendrix and D.Jankovic like this.
  6. pales.

pales. Racer

Let's hope you can actually complete races because right now, none of the endurance stuff works; it's all broken after refueling.

Raklödder likes this.
  7. Adastros

Adastros Racer

im super hype for the career mode, i will do it with all the cars if i can :p

fnegroni and Arlo like this.
  8. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I would love to learn more about this. I can appreciate the secretive nature of this feature up until now, but we should have more details of this feature/mode has any real substance or if it’s just a series of canned events with text descriptions like AC was.

9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

patience is a virtue.

10. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

But resentment is not, often a result of misplaced patience when it comes to consumer goods. i.e. managing consumer expectations.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  11. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I know but we are only days from v1.0 so patience is not misplaced here.

Adastros and LATE4APEX like this.
  12. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

True, as it’s really the only option at this point.

PATIENCE=true /-5 (days to release) if true=0; if false=deltree /C:\

Radfahrer likes this.
  13. trutya

trutya Simracer

somewhere i read you can start with your own team in career mode. i don't remember where

14. PiretSS2000

PiretSS2000 Racer

deltree?

15. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

It’s an old command from the DOS 5.1 days that wipes out your hard drive.

PiretSS2000 likes this.
  16. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I read this too and got very excited but that can be interpreted many ways or just a rumor... though I heard it too. Single player in racing games has always been weak so I’ve been desperate for team building type stuff, even superficially so I’ve got massive expectations to temper.

17. Adastros

Adastros Racer

Not always but im hype too ( maybe for nothing )

Lawndart likes this.
  18. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

Now that the game is out, is it possible for the devs to give some information about how the career mode works? Like season 1 you get to sprint series, then what? Endurance in Season 2? Then after that... career mode is over?... All it say in the patch/release notes is ''Added Career game mode
    Includes two seasons, including introductory test sessions and an introduction to Sprint and Endurance racing in a car of your choice.'' So does it mean there is just two seasons in career mode?...

19. trutya

trutya Simracer

for the moment the Championship mode is definitely better as there was only 16 cars at Zolder in the 1st career race event.

20. you have a few tests evaluating you.
    you create your team.
    start career.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOW

emill910 and Arlo like this.
  21. M4rt1n93

M4rt1n93 Gamer

So finally got past some bugs so was able to test career mode. But... this is the official Blancpain series game, but career mode does not even feature a championship?... It's just an event off one-off races that follows the Blancpain series? Like do Zolder, then off to Brands Hatch with no points, champoionship standings etc?...