1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Competition Server changes - 1.8.4

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 26, 2021.

1. churchx

churchx Rookie

Then again i also heard opinions people that are pro this short-race change. We don't know statistics/preferences of all the ACC users ourselves, and there is possibility that ones that prefer short races are more numerous. Not all like extra challenges that we love in longer races. If anything, less dedicated simracers/newbies might outnumber by far mid-pace ones & aliens and very possibly prefer quick races. And by nature of forums or other social media, it's usually objections that get voiced, ones that are ok with change most often won't consider searching relevant forum & thread to voice their opinion. Pitty, that due technical limitations, that Minolin & AndyK70 informed about, there seems no easy way to have more frequent races+even more reduced redundant session stages+still longer races, to keep all parties happy. Some compromise will be chosen (or maybe staying with current short-race one), and only Kunos employees know and can decide, which exactly. I voiced my preferences/likes and can only hope that my arguments made sense and may change CP configuration decision. If not, well, there is nothing else that we can do but going through denial-anger-bargaining-depression-acceptance stages :)

anthonylroy likes this.
  2. I am very happy with these changes. CP will be my main entertainment now.

Hey Minolin! What is the "TCX" cathegory we see in the screenshot you attached? :eek::eek::eek:

Darmote likes this.
  3. Scotty22

Scotty22 Rookie

I did a couple of races past two days. And all I saw was crashing cars and revenge fouls... I never saw that in this amount in the longer races. Maybe it was bad luck(?) Or the bad day, I had yesterday. Again, I don't get it, why the longer races a removed completely. I will check Aris stream from tonight, as he wanted to race some CP. Maybe he has a bit more information...

To be fair... I'm cool with peoples opinion, if they asked for shorter races. But @SebastianCron mentioned it in his post: ACC has so many possibilities to use this game, and give the players variety in races...

I hope for a change :confused:. It's all we can do, who want longer, daily races

churchx likes this.
  4. churchx

churchx Rookie

In iracing shorter races may work better (one of arguments for change IIRC was mention of similar in iracing), because they have such thing as banning from game as penalty for dirtiest drivers. In ACC, without such, it's way more upto pilot himself to decide how to race, SA system motivates at noticeably lesser extent. And your observations go along my prediction of more dirty races, as with frequent public server-alike short races driving may become more like in them, with monza-win-race-at-T1. People have less to loose with next race near, people have less advantages to saving tires and avoiding repairs in first laps as there is no long race ahead to benefit greatly from that. There is also less benefits in finishing race if one gets repairs.

5. txalin

txalin Rookie

Well, new format attract more people and a lot of them starts with 0 CP. Give time for the system to split dirty and safe drivers and we should have clean races

I supposse you are being sarcastic, but just in case... :p https://www.sro-motorsports.com/tc-america

Suggestion to devs: Create competition system for each class, gt3, gt4, porsche cup, lamborghini and tc (when released). You have probably the most successful classes of iracing road, but on competition system we only have the possibility to race on gt3 (yeah, we can choose gt4 and race alone, i know).

6. I am not in general against the short races but I absolutely have no clue why these are now the only option! Why is ACC limiting itself so harsh and not even offering it's full potential. I am sure, the statistics will go up but they also would do that if they give us at least some longer races during the day.

I drove two of these new sprints and they were clean at the front but boring. Finishing order in the top five was done after lap one. That rarely happened in the 60min races.

anthonylroy likes this.
  7. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

Did you read Minolin post. In said that they will look the data and see what is possible. But number or not big enough to split people in 2 race duration each hour.

Longer races may come back in some ways.

...i can't find this post anymore...maybe it was a dream...still investgating

AndyK70 likes this.
  8. lordpatou

lordpatou Simracer

9. I agree with all of this.

---0 ---
    The popularity of Sim Racing increased with the lock downs. I suspect the majority of the new comers are not into simulated races in the first place. Lets admit it. From a gamer's stand point, Sim racing is one of the most boring game genre; no instant gratification, no short cuts, long learning curve etc. Thus Gen Y and Gen Z tries to create their own "trophies" to gamify it for themselves. Unfortunately these "trophies" are more about crashing than being clean or improving driving techniques. Shorter races encourages these short attention spanned generations to take part in multiplayers which ends up wreckfest races. At this point all sim race developers facing the same dilemma; High customer count vs staying true to the genre and eventually fade into bankruptcy. I am sure we will reach to a common ground in a few years.

SA alone is not able to increase clean races. ACC does not have any kind of leaderboards, score keeping that gives the sense of progress and improvement for the racers. The only reward you get is what you feel in that race. "Yea once again i managed to punt out 5 players". PC2 and now AM2 have license nd leaderboards for that purpose. I know for PC2 they were not sufficient to improve clean racing (maybe they could not managed to implement them right idk) but at least they gave a bit of " i am getting there" feeling and weeded out some newcomers and ill intended people from higher tiers. I assume one of the reasons many racers prefer third party / private leagues is to objectively see how good they are.

I mentioned here and other platforms several times. Gamers are overrating the "realism". There is no way we can experience and code a 7/24 RL in to a 1-2 hrs/day hobby. Otherwise we will end up with freaks like 1lt forced refueling etc. I am serious but not so good sim racers. Being 51 yrs old hard working dad. I know i will never be good enough for e-sports level competitiveness but still want to enjoy my 2 hrs escapades and pretend to be a race driver. That is a very hard task for both devs and us. As long as devs want to hear us out i have hope.

10. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

The CP menu could have seen a rearrangement of its functionality by splitting the “button” in 2, 3 new buttons, for different race length types, for instance: 30 min races (like it is now); 1h races; 1h30 races.

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  11. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

Short races are ok sometimes you can't run a marathon. But to stop the crashers or drivers with poor skill a combo of SA and CC or RC might be more benefit than SA on its own.
    Have a SA of 60 and CC of 60 or RC of 60 and you would get more competent drivers.

12. churchx

churchx Rookie

SA/CC/RC of 60 seems way inadequate. Many drivers have them 80+ and still manage to do stupid things. And short CP races penalize them less for that. Currently on average i see way more 9## numbered drivers even in top split servers. Looks as if aliens/streamers/competent drivers started to play less frequent, giving up somewhat, which probably will also reduce some of free-advertisement/social influence from them. Less challenging, less interesting but more dirty races hardly should rise interest for competent drivers in this new format. Rather alienate them strictly to non-CP portal racing, which unfortunately has less chances to fit well with irregular free time people have.
    I get why for more numerous casual newbies new format might fit better. Problem being that it reduced choice. We now have few more public servers with more random then average weather and ability to affect one extra driver rating.
    I like proposed idea of adding options/choice though. Why first two splits cannot be ones with normal races as before? Keep this public-server like quickie grind to newbies, but return alongside extra option of normal length race (even if with even higher requirements) as something what to aim for for those that wish more? More challenging and higher admittance requirements will motivate more to drive cleaner. And if there are both choices available, instead of one completely replacing another, only then it's possible to see real/actual popularity of choices.

13. I assume F1 drivers would have 99 or 100 in each rating, but we still see bs there. They learnt to deal with it. Maybe that's the way to go.
    However, I would like to see more integration with other ratings as well. But we don't know if those are already involved in ELO or CP calculation.

14. It says "No servers in your region", having moved 30 km from my girlfriend's house to mine.
    What is the reason for this? And how to fix this?
    Thank you!

15. Assuming you packed only your PC but using the peripherals like modem, cables and ISP that had already been there aka different.
    1- Servers might be down
    2- Modem's settings ie firewall, port forwarding etc might be blocking
    3- ISP might be blocking, incompatible Proxy settings
    4- Your VPN (if you use one) auto set to a location far from than your usual
    5- Windıws update might be messing things up with LAN/WIFI settings.

BrettSinclair likes this.
  16. Thank you!
    You are of course correct, my hardware is, other than modem, cables and ISP, is the same. I like to add I am in Southern Germany, and should, therefore, connect to the European servers.
    As for your 4th and 5th point, I do not use a VPN and Windows has not recently been updated. As for the servers being down, right now I cannot connect to any server, when clicking on multiplayer it says "connecting" followed by "disconnected"! I was able to access normal ACC servers (I had not unlocked the competition server requirements a couple of days ago) with this router. I'll check for your 2nd and 3rd point.
    EDIT: I can once again access "normal" multiplayer servers after restarting my router. Unforuntately I cannot say anything about the competition server, as the track has changed to Oulton Park, a DLC I do not own.

Best,
    Brett

17. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

there's a quite easy fix :D

18. One I will apply quite soon ;)
    Currently this is the best sim for multiplayer racing, although I would appreciate some (built-in?) variety in terms of track choice... After all, more DLC will be sold if they are usable in - popular - multiplayer races!

19. There has been some speculations on that based on a footage of Kunos meeting. Might be a DLC might be work in progress of AC2.

20. Any updates on the possibility of seeing these changes on the NA servers? I find myself catching fewer races on ACC because of the major downtime between sessions, and limited options in my timezone.