1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic CONSOLE COMMUNITY BLOG - Porsche, private lobbies and more!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Nov 10, 2016.

1. seubi42

seubi42 Rookie

Great News Kunos :) !!!

2. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

I love the game, guys! I will continue to support and spread nothing but good words for Assetto Corsa! I'm looking forward to lots of hours racing, hopefully fantastic DLC, and continued improvements and tweaks.

Keep up the great work! Ignore the haters :cool:

3. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I can't wait for the first reports on the private lobbies for console racers :)

Bazilews likes this.
  4. Although I admire everyones enthusiasm, private lobbies are a bandaid in my opinion, or a symptom treatment if you like, for an underlying problem and cause polarisation instead of player volume.

I gave up multiplayer during the Xbox360 generation because of the overall quality for paid subscription based online on console. I did enjoy the free Live for Speed online back in the old days when I had a Windows box, never enjoyed it as paid service on console. It is a bit like the Internet itself, which was a better place in the mid 1990s than it is today.

In other words, private lobbies will not get me into racing online. Sim racing comes with dedication, racing rules, and conduct; without enforcing these to a reasonable extend, online sim racing is a dead end street. Iracing has proven this.

5. The fact that no one on any other sim game has been able to replicate anything close to Iracing's multiplayer is quite astonishing after all these years.

But private lobbies are a way to control who you race with and where.
    It is quite shocking that in 2016, a sim racing title is released without even basic lobby functions.

But the news is positive, and no one can argue about just how good this game is on the PC. I guess it's over to the team at Kunos to deliver !

6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Have we reached the point where there's nothing left to properly complain about anymore so we go all philosophical? Private lobbies ARE a means of enforcing racing rules by only allowing people in that the organizer knows and trusts to be good drivers.

If the internet has lost something since the 90s I wish to add that so have some users: they lost their creativity and the will to take a hurdle or two in order to achieve what they want.

If AC's console MP will be dead even with private lobbies than that's a clear statement from the majority of console users not wanting to make a minimum effort (organize private rooms and share the PW only with clean racers) to get what they want but want it all, want it now and want it in perfect bite-size.

Dookie, pippo10, SlimCharles and 2 others like this.
  7. The success depends on the organiser since private lobbies have no external/independent arbitrage, and while some may promote clean racing, you cannot state that all do this or are fair in their decisions. It is also not a solution for teaching race craft or learning incident avoidance to newcomers, potentially excluding those new at sim racing.

The point I make is that when you pay for online/multiplayer (as the situation is on console), there should be some added value (think Iracing - dividing races into splits matching experience, levelling, demotion, arbitrage, etc.), and I don't see what the added value is comparing with PC and free online. Newcomers to sim racing paying for multiplayer (on console) and find private lobbies that not welcome them is a concern in my opinion.

8. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

When word spreads around various internet forums that custom lobbies and other missing features have finally been added to AC, I truly believe that racers will come flooding back, and sales of the game, and DLC will spike.

Word of mouth is a very powerful thing amongst the sim racing community, we want this game to be a success, simple as.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    FAA Cupmania, pippo10, djm99 and 3 others like this.
  9. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

That's a fairly ridiculous statement to make. What exactly is the point you're trying to get across here with that generalisation?
    We've been crying out for Custom lobbies since day one, why would we not use them if we finally got them?
    As I've said in my post above, I believe/hope that people will come back to AC en mass if Custom lobbies and other essential features are added.

If not, then they were added too late and the damage had already been done.

I sincerely hope it's the former and not the latter.

MBK72 and paul_wev like this.
  10. in other words.. "I will win, and if I won't win the election is rigged" :D :D

peace
    I'll hope with you :)

11. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

Not quite that, but definitely similar!

12. Totally support that (especially the people coming back). I never criticised custom lobbies.

Public lobbies or organised online racing with reasonable enforced rules/conduct may get my attention. It seems AC servers also move this way (that is, from what I understand from it, there is no info yet how this translates to the console implementation).

TitzonToast likes this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Lots of people and racing groups waiting to come back to AC on console once we see the private lobbies working - and features much closer to the pc version but that is priority number 2. I'll be one of many sharing the good news on XBL once the game works.

Damage has been done but a lot of that can be repaired. Seeing is believing, even if you can't give us a firm date for a patch show us videos via the official AC channel of private online multiplayer racing working across XBL/PSN, then keep adding more videos of features like customisable controls and telemetry working on console. XBL/PSN video of the Porsche Pack and any new tracks would win you more support too.

TitzonToast, pippo10 and paul_wev like this.
  14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

i hope it's going to be done properly, private lobby with full customisable options. Any car, any track, any time of day. Qualifying settings and full race settings number of laps. Full use of all dlc cars and tracks, tracks with full limits, basically the same as p cars, forza and f1 2016 If that doesn't bring the racers back nothing will. If they just put private lobby into the current multiplayer system that would be a huge disappointment.

15. L2D_Gopher

L2D_Gopher Racer

This is great news...hopefully we will get word about custom button mapping soon

16. Mau87

Mau87 Rookie

grande notizia grande kunus

17. Daniel Wood

Daniel Wood Gamer

can I get clarification on what dlc the console versions are missing from the pc version please, if anyone knows?
    • porsche pack vol 1
    • red pack inc redbull ring
    is it just these two?

and any update on when this will be released for console, November is running out of days and I wanna drive the RSR!! ;)

18. It would be interesting to know when the update are now coming. Kunos never ever had give the update, at the same time the pc dlc released, to sony and microsoft. So I fear whe get on xbox not in november. And that help not to bring players back. 3 months and the game is still not full playable on xbox. Sorry but everthing has it's limits. Waiting 3 months to fix major fps issues is not acceptable. So I don't believe that they want make us all happy.

NitroDrift DK, MBK72 and MagikGT1980 like this.
  19. barkx_

barkx_ Racer

Private Lobbys are definitly the most important point.

But what about Leaderboards?
    Mostly I'm testing Setups and going for Hotlaps offline and it would be nice to compare your times with friends / global rankings

pippo10, Exup, tomt2002 and 1 other person like this.
  20. wilo28

wilo28 Rookie

Guys keep in mind is not just private lobeys, it's custom lobby like project cars. we need control over the track and car combo, conditions, lap count, qualifying time ect.

Sometimes I just want to open a lobby and just lisp with friends maybe learning a new track, test tunes ect. 15 minutes is just not enough