1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Console Online Rooms - way to request their configurations?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Spitfire77, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I sent this to the 505 support ticket system and they suggested I post it here on the forums, So I am doing that..

Where can players request to have the console online server rooms configured different ways? They are servers, there must be ways to configure them, even if it is only by the Dev team or Server Admins..

Some examples I would request to improve online play which in turn would increase the numbers of people playing online would be..

#1 - Rooms with track rotations - people often do not want to race the same track over and over, and they are forced to go to a new room. This normally causes people to scatter and reduces the number of players playing together online.

#2 - Some people like fixed setups and some do not - so having some rooms one way and some the other would help.

#3 -Some like longer races, some like shorter races, have rooms with shorter races and some with longer races.

More detailed examples - A server that has the new MX-5 Cup racer with a 3-4 track rotation (of the smaller tighter tracks) and Fixed Setups enabled would be a lot of fun.
    GT3 class cars are very popular, so if there was a room with GT3 car races with shorter sprint races, and a track rotation, people would be more inclined to play on it. - Spa 10 min qualify, 4 laps race. So the races only take a total of 20mins before the room switches to a new track.

I also asked when the DLC cars would be playable online, but that has been asked on the forums already many times, sadly without and answer.

Thank you for your time,

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Server admin commands console May 30, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Online Driver swaps console Dec 30, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can Consoles have ability added have AI Online Jun 27, 2020
    Console Lounge AC Online Console Championships Sep 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Let's discuss the Automatic Gearbox in online racing (mainly console issues) Jan 18, 2017
    Console Lounge Personality types and percentages - the state of online multiplayer (console) Jan 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Online League Section for Console Nov 25, 2016
    Suggestions Please add online quick race to console version Sep 20, 2016
    Console Lounge Online Reputation in consoles please Aug 23, 2016
    Console Lounge Will console users be able to play online against PC users? Feb 15, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions consoles up now Jan 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Shadows in mirror is console exclusive ??? Nov 15, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How much revenue do console sales generate and why is console so badly supported? Jul 3, 2023

3. BoereJack

BoereJack Gamer

please kunos, i can not motivate any friends to buy this game, i did till yesterday, but now i can not tell my friends this game is gr3eat when i can not race the dlc cars online or any other sort commings that have yet to be adressed.

4. jimbo_ac

jimbo_ac Rookie

Yes. Would be great to configure the online lobbies. There are many great cars and tracks. But I can't race them online. I would like to rent a server for ps4 to configure it by myself. Is it possible to rent ps4 servers?

Spitfire77 and the-D- like this.
  5. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I disagree completely. If you leave control to the people, the public online will be a mess. Lobbies with aids, lobbies with bizarre number of laps, lobbies with no qualifying... and just a complete jungle of options; dont you think it will increase variety, there will be the same (or more) GT3 and trackdays lobbies. And to find an aproppiate lobby, tou have to create it, so you are increasing the mess. Just look to PCars online.

I prefer to introduce private lobbies and that kunos increase the variety in the public online.

HavanaB0B likes this.
  6. the-D-

the-D- Racer

By that time, there will be no one online at all. I'm in UK, saturday night, 20 people online, the dodo stood a better chance,...we need customization at the very least!

TitzonToast likes this.
  7. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

I agree some middle term is needed in order to avoid the game diying. But, in that case, I prefer to have more variety of public lobbies to leave control to people.

Another thing is that private lobbies already "exist". You only have to enter in one lobby and kick every one that enter. It works (the only problem is that there isnt customization). For this reason too i prefer no not leave control of the lobbies to people.

8. Spitfire77

Spitfire77 Racer

I am not even asking for private lobbies or the ability for users to change the options as they please (though yes that is the end goal) I just want the devs/admins to make some changes to the server configs we have now. There are so many empty rooms all day long in all regions. Take those rooms and set the options to something else is all I am asking. There are enough threads about private rooms and customized online lobbies as it is.

I was just following a process to attempt a step in the right direction.

BoereJack, Johnnyjoejones and the-D- like this.