1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cutter's Karma? (video)

Discussion in 'ACC Screenshots & Videos' started by SOLID FARRELL, Dec 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. moneypizzle

moneypizzle Racer

2. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

Who ever this is,... is well outside of the track limits, plus as stated, the curb is NOT part of the track.

3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

is this thread really one full page of shaming someone using perfectly legal track limits o_O

4. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

If that's the case, then does ACC invalidate a lap time when you put all four wheels off of the track on the inside of a corner ?

Or is it just SOME corners you are allowed to put 4 wheels off the inside of a corner ?

As per the video.

PS: And if that's the case, I've, been putting a lot of effort into driving through Eau Rouge flat in 5th, and keeping 2 wheels inside of the left hand corner, for no reason.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    SOLID FARRELL and Guido Trampe like this.
  5. Eh, no one is shaming the guy.
    Just posed a question regarding track limits and fault.

I didn't quote anything he said without proof.
    He probably just had a bad day and was upset at the loss.

The shaming side of things is focused on rather it is within limits and legal.
    Everyone is just sharing their opinion and experience on the matter.

I wouldn't have posted the thread if the guy didn't spend 10+minutes ranting in chat.
    Our discussion fell on replays which is when I noticed his line at that corner.

Helps to know if
    1. I should be taking his line to gain time.
    2. If I did indeed cause him grief.

Which is where the additional videos and quoted regulations are coming in.

This is open to other videos and such.

LATE4APEX likes this.
  6. That last part is my view on it.
    I should be practicing one or the other.
    So far I play it by what regs I dig up.

Boils down to is this corner "white line" track limit the one on the inside or outside of the kerb?

Inside,
    then its cutting a lot without penalty.
    Outside,
    then its a safe line and I been doing it wrong.

Either way this can't be track limits:
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.12.31 - 21.19.06.87.png Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2019.12.31 - 21.18.25.53.png

LATE4APEX likes this.
  7. ... and besides, if it is indeed legal

1. why does the regulations state it is outside track limits? (unless the 2nd white line left of the kerb is the track limit)

2. why would the FIA crack down on it and install new tech to detect cuts at that turn?

3. why are other simulations like iRacing cracking down on it with new cut detection targetting these turns at Spa?

Just some thoughts after running across some stuff about it.

LATE4APEX likes this.