1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Definition of desperation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mogroith, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Pulling in behind your ghost car as if you might get in the slip stream and gain a few tenths of a second.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Nice effects but little definition and sharpness Sep 17, 2018
    Liveries Beginner - how to create 4k, 8k high definition skins? Sep 14, 2015
    Chit Chat Room $ 2500 vr union high definition virtual reality Mar 4, 2015
    Tracks modding Can't edit surface definitions Jan 7, 2015

3. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Done it and also pulled out at the last milli-second to try and overtake the thing :D

bigbawmcgraw and Dave Begley like this.
  4. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Just turn off ghost, I just find it makes me slower, concentrate on current lap rather than worrying about comparison to a previous one, if you want to know how you are doing compared to your previous best just use a delta app, far less distracting as you can just glance at it on the straights

5. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Performance shaper, forever and always.

6. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

I'm thinking of turning it off myself. The problem with the ghost is, when I've made a desperate late braking manoeuvre on my best lap I always feel like I'm slow when the ghost overtakes me mid turn. As King Kenny Roberts said, you have to know when to be slow.

7. mogroith

mogroith Racer

I can tell when the ghost is about to pass me in a corner, there is a kind of heat wave on the guard rail before it drives through you.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

I found the ghost car distracting and just in the way so I never use it.

9. Aceking

Aceking Racer

For practice sessions the ghost car in my opinion is one of the best methods to race against since you can easily see where all your slow points are on the fly, thus a great learning tool. :)

William Sebastian likes this.
  10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I cant stand the ghost, having real time Delta I find is more then enough and actually gives you more info then a ghost plus you aren't driving up the a$$ of the thing blocking your vision. Simply glancing at it at times to see if your up or down then at key bits of track try to check to see if your gaining or losing time after exiting corners.

11. TCLF

TCLF Alien

If you don't want to see the ghost, but also don't want to turn it off, just be faster ;) best solution for me. If the ghost is in front of you, you are slower anyway.

12. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol I never saw a ghost car on a real track, whats wrong with the delta time as used in real racing? The ghost is the most arcade feature along with the racing line and other artifical aids.

Cant you set the ghost to be ahead of you by a certain margin? would be completly useless if your always ahead of it I think. But wouldnt the delta being under by a certain margin tell you how your going relative to your pb without having a silly ghost car on the screen.

13. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Just had a go without the ghost car first thing I noticed, did not loop it as often trying to get the power down to early. Also did not know you could turn it off, thought it just went with hot lapping. Its my first real sim, a steep learning curve not made any easier by only having a 14inch screen.

14. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

14" monitor.... Dude, next time your anywhere near some spare money... Buy a new monitor :D ;)

15. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Talking about a racing sim, irl I've never seen a ghost car on any track in my life.

So I'd better put the thing off. Distracting and annoying(which means if it's in front of you, you're not going fast enough...)

Cheers
    Robin

16. mogroith

mogroith Racer

My missus says when I sell my bike transporter can get a bigger monitor. Its one of those luck things my hands were really burnt in an accident a couple of years ago cant do my trade anymore as a toolmaker, and have not been able to find employment since, lucky I raced for so long got lots of go fast bits from old bikes that people pay an arm and a leg for, but they are slowly running out. When I get back in the workforce watch out will have a triple set up the size of a drive in screen

17. TCLF

TCLF Alien

some people aren't as hardcore simracers as you. of course there are arcade features for a game that is for both sim racers and casual gamers. If you don't like it, turn it off

18. RelapseUK

RelapseUK Racer

Sounds like you've had a pretty awful time of it m8. :(

Still, on the up-and-up. :D

19. mogroith

mogroith Racer

Could of been worse, we need the bad times to really appreciate the good.

RelapseUK and Robin_NL like this.