1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Disable paddles?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by HUNTERANGEL121, Jan 20, 2015.

1. I get bored using paddles. I like to use my shifter more and love to downshift and blip the throttle.

2. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Then use a car that uses an H-shifter..?

Mogster likes this.
  3. Well, I'm talking about when playing on a GT2 car server. Just get bored when playing with a friend who nearly plays them all the time lol.

4. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Racer

Well, you don't really have a choice.

Those cars use sequential shifters in real life, so they use them in-game, it's as simple as that.

5. Figured lol. Oh well.

6. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Would be cool if Kunos allowed us to do this anyway if we so choose. We can't drive an invincible car in real life yet we can disable damage in game. We can't drive a Lotus 98t with traction control in real life, yet we can in AC, so why not manual Ferrari 458? Quite a few times I've driven non-manual cars as manual on rF2 just for the fun of it.

7. I mean, you can mod cars lol. I know with modded cars that have a data folder. But that's be nice if they did allow us to use shifters

8. Epocx

Epocx Alien

can't you just reset the bindings for the sequential to 3rd & 4th gear and use that then? its not optimal but it should work right?

PhenOm likes this.
  9. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

@HUNTERANGEL121 Yeah I don't think you can do that with Kunos cars though. It would be cooler if the game just had the ability to switch between the two rather than it be set by the car (although keep car specific data of course for realism purposes).

@Epocx That would just be a sequential with no return to centre lol.

10. Dutchyfutch

Dutchyfutch Hardcore Simmer

So easy to change.... lol but not on Kunos cars which i know you want

I hate the bmw m3 e92 cause it's not manual

11. On modded cars, yes it is. I have with all modded ones I've downloaded.

Dutchyfutch likes this.
  12. I enjoy using paddle shifters. Less stuff to worry about when you are surrounded by lots of other cars. Having said that, I always use the H shifter with those cars that have one in the real world.

13. I forget what gear I'm in sometimes lmao... Coming up on a corner with 10 other cars... With h shifter I'm always above 4,000 rpm lol

14. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Unless you look at gear/rpm display, you'll have to rely more on the memory and on the feel/sound of the car. This also happens in the real world with the cars and their drivers. But I have no problems now, I'm used to it, mainly because I know the track. When to brake, what gear to use when taking a certain corner etc.. So for example when going at high speed on 5th or 6th gear, I instinctively know that I need to press the left paddle 2 or 3 times to downshift. With up shifting is even easier. But yea.. just use the essentials app or the gears app, they will aid on this matter. I use it more to know the kmh speed the car has.

15. I've started to get used to it. In my allroad which is a tip and not a 5spd sadly, I've gotten used to it. I just don't look down enough to focus on it. I've downloaded, rival app I think, the one with the tach that you can connect to other things like tire pressure and such. Much better now, I can't deal with a bar for revs unless it had numbers.