1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing ACC Safety rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Pitralon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

To be honest you are trying to gain SA the hardest way, by that I mean single player. You seem to be locked into the idea that this is the best environment for SA gain, it isn't
    The sim awards more SA for onlline racing.
    Go online and start from the back or just find someone you are faster than and follow them closely.
    It's a lot easier and SA rewarding than you think.

Phantom_Mark likes this.
  2. Yes you're right you can gain Trust much faster in multiplayer. If it works like intended.
    But lately it doesn't. It became more and more random how the Trust and OBWP are given. Or it stops working at all.

For the single player part I've to disagree. You don't need more skill to gain SA. Just more time. The AI's are much more predictable than any participant in online races.
    Also after passing a certain number the SA becomes just this. Just a number. Not an achievement. Like all other aspects of the rating. There is basicially no difference between 75 to 99 (SA).

And so many people stop to care about.

SA is literally the only rating for the multiplayer.
    TR is a joke and far to easy to achieve.
    The possibility to farm SA in single player is for me one of the main reason for the current bad state of the multiplayer in ACC.
    You'll never learn how to behave online by racing against the AI. Never. Period.

The whole rating system of ACC is a damn good example for making good intentions pointless by strange design choices.

3. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I'm surprised they haven't improved it by now. I agree TR is a bit of a joke and yeah too many people see achieving SA as a goal in itself.
    Also I like the idea of larger grids on public servers linked to the server's SA rating but there are still not enough populated high SA servers (90+).
    They haven't managed to solve the issue of people gravitating to mid/low rated servers.
    I still believe you shouldn't be able to join a server >10 -15 SA points below your rating unless its a locked server
    I think the Rating system as it stands can be summed up as grabbing defeat out of the jaws of victory :)

Re single player, I haven't spent a lot of time doing single player but when I have I have noticed gaining SA takes noticeably longer given the time spent in close proximity to opponents. On top of that you get hit too frequently by cars attempting silly late braking to defend a corner as good as already lost.

After_Midnight likes this.
  4. While I'm racing online only I did a lot of testing for each rating to how it works.
    Especially the SA rating.
    Staying close to the last car and chill. Like you said it just takes more time. Nothing else.
    It should not be possible for me (SA 99) to gain Trust and eliminate OBWP.
    But it is.

5. Tundra

Tundra Hardcore Simmer

Ratings definitely need a revamp. Meanwhile, I had great fun this weekend upgrading my SA rating from 93 to 95.

After_Midnight likes this.
  6. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Making it harder to gain SA will only mean higher SA lobbies will be empty, so you'll be forced to drive with people that have a lower SA rating anyway.

Tobus likes this.
  7. It's not about making it harder. It's about making it more useful.
    Let people farming the only important multiplayer rating limitless in single player is quite the opposite of useful. :confused:

8. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

It's just public lobbies, there's not 1 game I can think of that has public lobbies where people drive cleanly. Even in games like iRacing people will drive like ****.

If people farm SA rating in single player mode, it probably means they're atleast trying to drive safely.
    Accidents will just happen, especially in public lobbies where the skill gap is huge.

Issue isn't really that people crash once in a while, issue is if people start to wreck others on purpose.

chksix likes this.
  9. In my opinion since PC is not a threshold, it will all be useless. The problem are those guys 6 seconds slower then you closing the door at the very last moment, cause they think you are divebombing them, while you are actually avoiding them.
    Or those guys with extremely poor connection appearing inside your car randomly.

PC and ping/lag need to be used as filters. SA is cool.

10. azzah

azzah Simracer

Please, don't be ridiculous.

Every minute some clueless chap wastes "farming" SA in singleplayer is a minute they are not wrecking other people's races in multiplayer lobbies. All the discussions about how to gain rating efficiently are clear proof that the SA system is doing its job.

It might not be the magical perfect solution some hoped for, sure. But it tells people what is expected from them without keeping them from enjoying the game even if they don't give a damn - while it presents everyone else the option to avoid these people.

TR is not a "joke", it's a way to show that someone put in the bare minimum effort to get acquainted with the layout of the track. The actual joke is the frequency with which you can still see people saying they don't have the required track medals to join a server.

Again: it's not some kind of silver bullet to ensure every driver you encounter is an expert - it is there to filter out the worst.

11. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

SA 80 , open server. Imo SA just works (mostly ;) )

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    Tobus and Cascader like this.
  12. Tobus

Tobus Racer

Question:

How does SA building work with online endurance?

Me and a friend are competing in an endurance championship of 2hr races, both driving a 1hr stint. Last night we had no bumps with other drivers in a completely wet and very closely driven race. My SA rose 11 points, his only 2. Can anyone explain the big difference?

13. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

You had more time close to other cars.

Tobus likes this.
  14. deemarc

deemarc Rookie

It also depends on the rating history - if you had an awful race (SA regarded) removed from the rolling window and your friend a good one, you have "improved" more than them.

e300vkb likes this.
  15. rlaycock

rlaycock Gamer

Hi all
    1. I am not sure its worth mentioning but I cant figure out the SA rating.
    2. A few weeks ago I was on 99 (I am a slow but safe racer and only race on line with leagues.
    3. Over the last 3 - 4 races I have been hit from behind
    4. Te stewards from the league have always penalized the other driver, as the incident was clearly there doing.
    5. However my safety rating in now 94.
    6. I appreciate any contact will always effect the rating. However my point is that there have only been a few incident in several hours of close racing yet I have lost 5 SA points.
    Is there something wrong with the way SA is calculated?

Thanks in advance if you can help.
    Best wishes
    Bob

16. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

its getting old

Kennifer, chksix and sps_for_race like this.
  17. Jabbah

Jabbah Racer

No, it is working as intended. It is a very difficult problem to be able to write in code how to assign blame in case of a collision, it's difficult in certain cases for stewards to come to a unanimous decision. (I do stewarding for a league.) The easiest way to get round this when determining safety rating with code is just to give a point deduction to both parties involved. This will average out so the cleanest drivers will keep a 90+ rating and the not so clean will be lower. It's possible that you were only just into the 99 on safety rating and so the collisions negatively impacted your rating noticeably. If you're not closely racing with other drivers most of the time then your SA can suffer with just a few incidents.

jesker likes this.
  18. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Has there been a recent update in terms of the detection of which car caused the accident? In the last weeks I encountered several situations where I got pushed or punted, but the SA penalty was not as bad as expected. But that was more kind of "a feeling", nothing substantial.

Last night, however, I had this incident where J. JuDD (red #147 McLaren) hit me (#22 Porsche) and D. Leach (#23 McLaren) with full force. My car took severe damage in the back from that punt and I barely made it back to the pits for repairs.
    To my surprise, neither my SA dropped as expected, nor do my player stats show any OBWP for that race.

19. Hey guys,
    Working on increasing my safety rating. Managed to increase my SA by 7 points over a few nights of racing against the AI (short races), but the next day after booting up the game and verifying my SA rating before racing, all 7 points gained were lost!! Is there something that I am missing here? Does the rating system get synchronized with a server overnight or something? How can I loose 7 points overnight without racing? and my car control, which was taking a dive, was back high again??? It would seem that the game forgot about all the short races I did in the last week??? Anybody else experience this? Thanks guys, appreciate any insight...

20. rlaycock

rlaycock Gamer

Hi
    For what its worth my last 8 - 9 days ratings have vanishes! I had a race Friday 4th Match and was hit several times and received 7 OBWP. Since then I have had at least 4 races all total clean which I could see yesterday however today the last rating in the one from 8 days ago. Something is wrong!!

Best wishes
    Bob